• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial "Johnny Manziel" Superthread

When Will Manziel Be Taken

• Total voters

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt it.

Our FO is to good, and our team to well coached.

No football experts expect us to be down very long, RD.

If you had Manziel Pitt be in the playoffs every year Fact

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you had Manziel Pitt be in the playoffs every year Fact

Ben may not have it but sinking him to manziel's level is just wrong.Ben at 60> Manziel's peak.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still confused why the Browns didn't draft a WR for Johnny??? Doesn't make sense especially after the Gordon suspension.

WR Depth Chart

Little
Hawkins
Burleson
Benjamin

Not working with much.

I think they will go after Holmes or Miles Austin in free agency. They need help at WR and those 2 aren't 1/2 bad.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Johnny Cleveland

The Browns need to thank Manziel for asking them to draft them. I haven't had this much national Browns coverage since I can ever remember. Browns a daily on Sportscenter now.

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it a big deal that Johnny Cleveland spent his memorial day weekend in Vegas?

My view: It is, and could potentially turn into a major deal. Let me first off say, I have no problem with 20ish people wanting to have fun and gamble. That's fine by me. But I am seeing signs of the Ryan Leaf mentality, of somebody who isn't 100% dedicated to his craft and isn't willing to put in extra effort. The NFL is far more complicated than college, and requires a lot of mental intelligence, particularly at the QB position.

The press is hard on Mr. Cleveland, because he has built up his reputation for being a spoiled rich kid and loves to party.

Also, isn't Hoyer ahead of Manziel as far as knowledge of the playbook?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you guys think Johnny is the only rookie to go on a vacation after he was drafted? It is much adu about nothing. He went away for a Holiday Weekend during his time off. Who cares? Did he have practice this weekend that he missed?

How do you know he's not 100% dedicated? Because he went on a min vacation during a holiday weekend during the OFFSEASON? I'm guessing every other draft pick spent their memorial weekend at home, never left their house once and stayed up 24/7 studying the playbook.

Gotta love the way people assume he's not dedicated because he went away on a holiday weekend like a whole lot of people do in America if they're not scheduled to work. He told the coach ahead of time and he told Johnny to have fun

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. The only thing that should matter is how he plays when/if he gets on the field. As long as he's not breaking laws or NFL rules, we shouldn't care. People who do need to get a life.

Perhaps I'm a bit jaded (eg., Griffin) about how bright the national spotlight tends to shine on these young superstars, but today's media and talking heads always trying to stir up shit, just drives me insane.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Do you guys think Johnny is the only rookie to go on a vacation after he was drafted? It is much adu about nothing. He went away for a Holiday Weekend during his time off. Who cares? Did he have practice this weekend that he missed?

How do you know he's not 100% dedicated? Because he went on a min vacation during a holiday weekend during the OFFSEASON? I'm guessing every other draft pick spent their memorial weekend at home, never left their house once and stayed up 24/7 studying the playbook.

Gotta love the way people assume he's not dedicated because he went away on a holiday weekend like a whole lot of people do in America if they're not scheduled to work. He told the coach ahead of time and he told Johnny to have fun

This is a naïve way of making looking at it IMO. It's not being presumptuous or unrealistic to see a correlation between this kind of behaviour and being a guy who isn't disciplined. If you want to be one of the 10-or-so QBs on planet earth you're going to have to have an insane level of discipline.

This isn't a court o law. We don't need photographic evidence of something bad to decrease our faith in this guy. You just didn't hear about people like Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady doing these things when they were rookies. This is more of a Tony-Romo kind of story. The only difference is that Romo has at least proven he can at least play in the league.

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a naïve way of making looking at it IMO. It's not being presumptuous or unrealistic to see a correlation between this kind of behaviour and being a guy who isn't disciplined. If you want to be one of the 10-or-so QBs on planet earth you're going to have to have an insane level of discipline.

This isn't a court o law. We don't need photographic evidence of something bad to decrease our faith in this guy. You just didn't hear about people like Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady doing these things when they were rookies. This is more of a Tony-Romo kind of story. The only difference is that Romo has at least proven he can at least play in the league.

Agreed. My issue here is that he's a rookie, playing the most important position on the football field, AND currently behind the 8-ball, in terms of grasp of the offense. Why is he spending his entire weekend partying? People can relax and stuff, but you keep a low profile and spend your time studying. Manziel needs to be a leader here. With that said, I don't know how much he studied, compared to partying, but this is just another Johnny Cleveland red flag in my book.:L

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ooh good lord. It's May. It was a holiday.

People are just fucking stupid.

Now had this been a bye week before a playoff game, I could understand the outrage, i.e. Tony Romo's dumbass going to mexico.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm rooting for Manziel now thanks to the never-ending scrutiny of his each and every action.

Enough is enough.

JMLeblanc23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everything is a big deal in the media's eyes.