• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial "Johnny Manziel" Superthread

When Will Manziel Be Taken

• Total voters

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
saw today the draft had the highest TV numbers ever, 6.8, a hit sitcom type number. World Series gets like a 4. NHL gets a .9, or something like that. The point of article was just how high the number was.

They said when pick 16, the Cowboys pick came up, it was the "apex of the night, TV numbers wise."

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe this healthy dose of humility will help set him on the right track so he can have a successful career in Cleveland.

the laws of averages is on Cleveland's side.

BTW being a QB with a top notch WR & top notch TE, JF cant be too upset.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
saw today the draft had the highest TV numbers ever, 6.8, a hit sitcom type number. World Series gets like a 4. NHL gets a .9, or something like that. The point of article was just how high the number was.

They said when pick 16, the Cowboys pick came up, it was the "apex of the night, TV numbers wise."

It always is with the Cowboys. There was more talk on ESPN today about the Cowboys NOT taking Manziel than anything else NFL related. People can claim the Boys are irrelevant all they want, but they are still the biggest name in the sport bar none. Even doing something thats NOT newsworthy makes news.

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas didn't do bad with Damarcus Lawrence either, the guy was a beast in Boise.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas didn't do bad with Damarcus Lawrence either, the guy was a beast in Boise.

I don't know anything about the guy. Can you tell me something good about him? Will he be any good as a DE? I wont get any accurate info on the boys board right now with emotions high LOL.
& what would be his weaknesses?

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know anything about the guy. Can you tell me something good about him? Will he be any good as a DE? I wont get any accurate info on the boys board right now with emotions high LOL.
& what would be his weaknesses?

Lawrence is a superior athlete, probably the best on the team, next to Jay Ajayi. He's not huge, but looks like a Greek God, chiseled, muscular, tall, and strong. He has linebacker speed on a big frame. His technique is such that he can easily outmaneuver even the biggest and best O linemen. Even when he doesn't get to the QB, he disrupts the flow of the play. Teams usually ran away from him, but he made lots of catch from behind tackles, when he ran down a RB going the opposite direction. He will fit into a defensive scheme where the DE will cover the pass on occasion, or needs to do OLB technique on a particular set.

His downside is personal. He did have some disciplinary issues at BSU. Hopefully he matured a little, as he is volatile. He plays like his hair is on fire, though, and can stir up everyone around him as well.

Hope that helps.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lawrence is a superior athlete, probably the best on the team, next to Jay Ajayi. He's not huge, but looks like a Greek God, chiseled, muscular, tall, and strong. He has linebacker speed on a big frame. His technique is such that he can easily outmaneuver even the biggest and best O linemen. Even when he doesn't get to the QB, he disrupts the flow of the play. Teams usually ran away from him, but he made lots of catch from behind tackles, when he ran down a RB going the opposite direction. He will fit into a defensive scheme where the DE will cover the pass on occasion, or needs to do OLB technique on a particular set.

His downside is personal. He did have some disciplinary issues at BSU. Hopefully he matured a little, as he is volatile. He plays like his hair is on fire, though, and can stir up everyone around him as well.

Hope that helps.
I like all players with a high motor, so that is encouraging. I am also cool with defensive players with a mean streak, as long as it isn't costly like a Suh or Brian Cox type (Although I liked Cox nastiness) just minus the penalties.

How much weight do you think they could put on his frame & still be effective?

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like all players with a high motor, so that is encouraging. I am also cool with defensive players with a mean streak, as long as it isn't costly like a Suh or Brian Cox type (Although I liked Cox nastiness) just minus the penalties.

How much weight do you think they could put on his frame & still be effective?

Depends on what the coaches want. He could easily add 20, maybe 50, but it would maybe slow him down. At Boise, he actually dropped a few last season, which made him quicker. But we were using him to cover the flat on certain plays, like the 3rd LB option on Boise's 4-2-5 base set. Again, against NFL O lines, he might need to bulk up.

But if you want a hungry guy with a chip on his shoulder, you got him! He's excited to be with old teammates Scandrick and Crawford.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am hoping he works out.
I like our 1st round pick & hoping this pick works out, because I don't have the warm & fuzzies about the rest of our draft LOL.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
per your opinion which means squat

Per anyone who understands football. Romo is a joke of a QB stating otherwise is equivalent to stating that you don't understand the game.

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is Johnny Football going to throw to this season?

No Josh Gordon or Nate Burleson. They didn't draft a single WR in a deep WR class. Well, at least my Bills get at least 1 victory on the season.

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First, we don't know if he'll play. The FO in Cleveland said the QB job would be open competition.

And second -he doesn't need WR's.....he's Johnny Manziel! :rollseyes:

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defensive backs.

:drum:

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to believe the Browns have a trade plan in mind. ..... friggin Gordon - -

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to believe the Browns have a trade plan in mind. ..... friggin Gordon - -

A trade for Gordon or a trade for JM?

Not sure who'd want to touch Gordon at this particular time. Anyone that agreed would be stuck with a gun on the roster that wouldn't play a down in 2014. Waste of a roster spot this year.

BUD

Hoopla Cash
$ 672.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have never been a JF fan, and im still not, but he is a good qb, if he is as good as Fran Tarkenton he has a chance, but if not he's going to have a rocky road ahead of him, especially playing for the Browns.