• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Albert Breer's 2018 NFL Mock Draft

Zooky

I make chunk plays.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2018 NFL Mock Draft: Four first-round quarterbacks

Congrats to the Philadelphia Eagles for winning their first ever Super Bowl!

1. Cleveland Browns: Sam Darnold, QB, USC
On Saturday, Darnold showed why he’s still the safest pick. And after passing on Carson Wentz and Deshaun Watson, it’d be pretty tough for Cleveland to say no to another potential franchise QB.

2. San Francisco 49ers: Saquon Barkley, RB, Penn State
Barkley’s had a rough go the last couple weeks, but he’s still the best pure prospect in the class. The question will be how the teams drafting high value running backs.

3. New York Giants: Josh Rosen, QB, UCLA
Given the questions about entitlement and maturity that Rosen has faced, New York would be an interesting landing spot.

4. Indianapolis Colts: Bradley Chubb, EDGE, N.C. State
The Colts need a war daddy on defense, and Chubb’s all of that. The question here would be if he fits GM Chris Ballard’s parameters on measureables.

5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Minkah Fitzpatrick, DB, Alabama
This would be a safe pick by the Bucs, taking a guy from the Nick Saban machine who can play anywhere in the secondary.

6. New York Jets: Quenton Nelson, G, Notre Dame
Will drafting a guard high go over well in New York? If the Jets find a quarterback before the draft, I wouldn’t worry about that. Nelson has a chance to be in the same class as Irish alum/Cowboys All-Pro Zack Martin.

7. Oakland Raiders: Mike McGlinchey, OT, Notre Dame
McGlinchey is not spectacular. He’s a safe pick, and would make sense to start on the right side, then eventually replace Donald Penn on the left.

8. Los Angeles Chargers: Connor Williams, OT, Texas
Had Williams not suffered a knee injury in September, he’d probably be considered the draft’s top tackle. Even with the injury, he’s close, and the Chargers could use a successor for Russell Okung.

9. Chicago Bears: Denzel Ward, CB, Ohio State
The latest in a run of Buckeye corners over the last few years, Ward lacks the size of the others but is every bit the athlete.

10. Arizona Cardinals: Josh Allen, QB, Wyoming
Yes, Allen’s been uneven this year. And yes, there’s a decent chance Bruce Arians retires after this season. But for now, we’ll put Allen here, because he’s an Arians prototype.

11. Cincinnati Bengals: Derwin James, S, Florida State
James has had a massively disappointing year, but he’s just back from injury and should test well in Indy.

12. Denver Broncos: Da’Ron Payne, DT, Alabama
It’s time for the Broncos to start getting younger on defense.

13. Cleveland Browns (from Houston): Courtland Sutton, WR, SMU
So here’s a gift for Darnold, a big, fast, raw target that some scouts believe has superstar potential, and has been eye-popping for them to evaluate in person.

14. Detroit Lions: Harold Landry, EDGE, Boston College
Landry could, potentially, be the replacement for free-agent-to-be Ziggy Ansah.

15. Washington Redskins: Roquan Smith, LB, Georgia
Washington’s roster is pretty balanced, meaning that (Cousins permitting) they won’t have to force anything here. Smith has a chance to be a great NFL player.

16. Baltimore Ravens: Calvin Ridley, WR, Alabama
Baltimore’s still chasing some of its mistakes at receiver, so they take a guy who’s a pretty sure thing from a program they know well.

17. Cowboys: Christian Wilkins, DT, Clemson
Wilkins can become the perfect 3-technique tackle for Rod Marinelli’s defense. This would be a great fit.

18. Miami Dolphins: Tarvarus McFadden, CB, Florida State
Miami wants longer corners and has a need here, so McFadden clearly fits the bill to pair with 2017 rookie Cordrea Tankersley.

19. Atlanta Falcons: Orlando Brown, OT, Oklahoma
Jake Matthews will be entering a contract year in 2018, and the Falcons’ O-line needs some work in general.

20. Green Bay Packers: Clelin Ferrell, EDGE, Clemson
Clay Matthews will be 32 in 2018, and Julius Peppers is long gone, so a pass rusher makes sense here.

21. Tennessee Titans: Austin Bryant, EDGE, Clemson
A run on pass-rushers is well underway here, with another team seeking help out on the edge. And the Tigers’ talented front gets three drafted in a five-pick span.

22. Jacksonville Jaguars: Christian Kirk, WR, Texas A&M
Perhaps this is a little high for Kirk, but my feeling is he’ll test off the charts, pushing him up the board.

23. Carolina Panthers: Sam Hubbard, EDGE, Ohio State
Carolina needs a replacement for Julius Peppers, whenever he decides to hang ’em up, and Hubbard is a solid, unspectacular, and safe pick here.

24. Seattle Seahawks: Arden Key, EDGE, LSU
Key is this draft’s enigma. He has the talent to go Top 5. Off-field questions will likely dictate how far past that he falls. It could be that he drops well out of the first round.

25. Los Angeles Rams: Chukwuma Okorafor, OT, Western Michigan
Andrew Whitworth has been awesome for the Rams. But they’ll need to find an heir for the 35-year-old at some point.

26. Buffalo Bills: Dre’mont Jones, DT, Ohio State
Marcell Dareus is gone, and Kyle Williams is 34, and both Sean McDermott and Brandon Beane come from Carolina, where contenders were built around big defensive lines.

27. New Orleans Saints: Baker Mayfield, QB, Oklahoma
Mayfield has generated heat with scouts over the last month. I think he could go Top 15. Or he could go in the third round, which is to say he’s polarizing. But how much fun would he be in Sean Payton’s system?

28. Pittsburgh Steelers: Derrius Guice, RB, LSU
We’ll see whether they can get Le’Veon Bell signed after this season. If it doesn’t happen, Guice would be a nice, versatile replacement.

29. Minnesota Vikings: Isaiah Oliver, CB, Colorado
A revelation in his first year as a starter—the Buffs’ 2016 starting CBs both went in the first 66 picks in April—Oliver is long and fits the profile for what Minnesota wants at the position.

30. New England Patriots: Rashaan Evans, LB, Alabama
Linebacker is a problem in New England, and Evans seems like an ideal eventual replacement for Dont’a Hightower.

31. Buffalo Bills (from Kansas City): Damien Harris, RB, Alabama
Shady McCoy has been invaluable but turns 30 in July. Buffalo could stand to take some of the burden off him, and the hard-running Harris—a rising name—would be a great complement.

32. Philadelphia Eagles: James Washington, WR, Oklahoma State
Alshon Jeffery is a free agent, and the team will have to make a decision on Nelson Agholor’s fifth-year option this offseason, so Philly could use help here.

One last note here: In order to have enough time to properly vet the projections, this was based on last week’s draft order. Since then, a couple of teams have shuffled based on Sunday’s results. Of course, all of this is fluid, as are the assessments teams have on the 32 players listed above, and the more than 200 others who’ll be drafted in April.

Zooky

I make chunk plays.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
albert-breer-family-vert.jpg

Zooky

I make chunk plays.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
http://awfulannouncing.com/2016/the...parently-hacked-account-tweet-about-****.html

Forgotten about this.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browns will fuck it up again and draft another tackle to block for.... nothing worthwhile in the backfield.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browns will take Barkley because they're scared of drafting QBs

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They used last week's order to "properly vet" the projected selections halfway through the season lol? Sounds more like they did the selections without noticing they used last week's order before it was too late.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I've read Darnold is going back to USC next year and the Browns might take Barkley. I think the 49ers will want to trade that pick for a QB needy team if they can get enough in return

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
niners will blow that #2 pick and beat the giants this week:suds:

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Sounds as if Darnold won't declare if the Browns hold the#1 pick and I'm sure that extends to the 9ers as well since they'll pass on a QB and there is no guarantee they can trade that pick to a team not named the Browns.

As much as they likely won't want to I think the Browns aren't going to have a choice but to take a QB with their 1st pick. Seats are hot and picking a QB can sometimes buy you another year of breathing as a coach or front office management. Also after passing up on Goff, Wentz, and Watson I seriously doubt Haslam is pleased right now and he'll be making a push for them to take a QB.

Zooky

I make chunk plays.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds as if Darnold won't declare if the Browns hold the#1 pick and I'm sure that extends to the 9ers as well since they'll pass on a QB and there is no guarantee they can trade that pick to a team not named the Browns.

As much as they likely won't want to I think the Browns aren't going to have a choice but to take a QB with their 1st pick. Seats are hot and picking a QB can sometimes buy you another year of breathing as a coach or front office management. Also after passing up on Goff, Wentz, and Watson I seriously doubt Haslam is pleased right now and he'll be making a push for them to take a QB.

Somehow I could see this, but who's to say Cleveland does not end up with the top spot next year?

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somehow I could see this, but who's to say Cleveland does not end up with the top spot next year?

Cause they'll will take that pick and some other offer a nice deal to the Colts and trade for Luck since drunken Irsay ran his mouth about Luck's injury being in his head!

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Darnold will consider staying in school if Cleveland gets the top pick.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you imagine kids turning down first pick money to not play for you? That’s next level embarrassing.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't know sutton at SMU was getting this much love. Kid does look the part of legit #1 in the NFL.