• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Manziel did it all on purpose to get the hell out of Cleveland

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or so says Colin Cowherd?

Colin Cowherd’s theory about Johnny Manziel might be crazy enough to be right

Colin Cowherd, as is his wont, has a unique theory about erstwhile NFL quarterback Johnny Manziel.

Johnny Football, the Fox Sports talking head theorizes, resorted to partying up a storm last season because he wanted out of Cleveland.

“What do you do when you want to break up with somebody as a guy?” the host of “The Herd” asked on his radio show Monday. “You create conflict; you start fights. … You want her to dump you, so you do stupid stuff. You create fights. …”

He got his wish last week when the Browns released him, all part of the plan for Manziel, who grew up in Texas and played at A&M, to play in a warm-weather city, Cowherd believes.

“Johnny Manziel hates Cleveland. Johnny Manziel said [to the Browns during before being taken in the 2014 NFL Draft], ‘We’re going to wreck this league’ [to convince Cleveland to take him with the 22nd overall pick] because he was going to drop to the second round, and Johnny Manziel wanted to get first-round money.

“Johnny Manziel made up his mind in the middle of this season, ‘get me the hell out of here.’ So Johnny Manziel is going on this TMZ tour because he wanted to get cut by Cleveland. He wanted out of the AFC North. He’s not dumb. He’s a warm-weather kid who flies private jets. He’s in Vegas, Dallas, Miami. Does he take any of these jets to Milwaukee? Have you ever noticed where he takes these jets to?

“It’s sunny, warm, with cute girls. He wants to play for the Dolphins, he wants to play for the Jags, he wants to play for the Bucs, he wants to play for the Cowboys, he wants to play for the Texans, he wants to play for Arizona, he’d love to play for the Rams. He wants to party. He doesn’t want to be in Cleveland. Now, I’m not saying Johnny may not have a problem here and there. … [but] he’s going out of his way to go to popular clubs so he can be seen by TMZ, so he’s not even trying. He wanted Cleveland to cut him.”

Well, at least that last part about not even trying seems reasonable. The larger problem with Manziel is that it seems as if years of partying inappropriately (by NFL standards) indicates a more serious problem. Manziel, who is all of 23, is in danger of washing out of the league entirely. Even the Dallas Cowboys, who coveted him in 2014, have backed off.

Manziel also faces possible disciplinary action by the NFL and a grand jury in Texas is considering whether he should be charged in connection with an alleged domestic-violence incident involving his ex-girlfriend in January. Manziel doesn’t seem concerned about his future. Asked by a reporter for TMZ (where he’s a cottage industry) of he’d be playing football in the fall, he replied: “Of course, my man.”

Guywithtoaster

Don't bane the dillies!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,515.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
manziel is done

expect to see him packing groceries at the local grocery store in a decade

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is closer to going to jail then going back to the football field. Hello CFL?

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowherd is usually full of shit but he may be right on this one.

Then again

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anything Cowblow has to say wash it away he is only in it for himself

Worse blowhard than Stephen A Smiff and that's a high hurdle to jump

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Destroy your brand just to leave Cleveland early?

Makes sense...

True. The partying, drinking and bitch slapping is the real Johnny and not a ploy.
If Manziel wanted out of Cleveland all he had to do was go on a radio talk show and say, "Browns management is horrible, I want out of here."

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah... Thats much more likely than him just being the idiot that hes always been.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno. I've never been to Cleveland, but from what I've heard.....

It could well be worth a shot?

Still, since he's got the booze going on and you can never trust a fucking lush, I suspect he's done. Ethanol is an insidious drug.

If he was a misunderstood user of the Herb Superb he could apply for a back-up QB slot on my All Herb team.

But only as a back up.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, wait, let's be honest, that is saying Manziel is capable of producing a rational thought. Who actually believes that?

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, wait, let's be honest, that is saying Manziel is capable of producing a rational thought. Who actually believes that?

Well known that alcohol kills brain cells.

The herb merely makes them forget some irrelevant stuff.....

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colin is not the first to suggest this. On another note I'm glad that blowhard isn't on in the morning any more. Of course Lebatard isn't much better.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People are developing theories around this train wreck? He's a drunk that isn't very good to begin with. If you're going to be as short as he is then you better be an athletic freak with a cannon. He isn't a freak and he doesn't have gun. This is just the TMZ side of the media wanting him to stick around because it's good press.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, if that's true, Manziel horribly miscalculated.

no team will touch him now; wont even get a sniff unless he goes to rehab.

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
manziel is done

expect to see him packing groceries at the local grocery store in a decade
With the money his family has, I doubt that. Daddy will give him a job in the family business and he can keep partying.

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, if that's true, Manziel horribly miscalculated.

no team will touch him now; wont even get a sniff unless he goes to rehab.
Chipper might be crazy enough to try. He tried to get Johnny to come to Oregon.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Browns at one point

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JFF is already a made many, money-wise. His family has tons of it, and he's never going to be hurting. Whatever he gets playing football is just gravy. When you don't have a money factor pushing you to be better, you better have a real love for the game to keep you motivated. He may love the game, but only on his terms and that's not going to cut it at the NFL level.

He may wash out, but he'll never be bagging groceries or pumping gas.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regardless of all his baggage, he's just a crappy pro QB anyway