• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Question on the Comeback player of the year?

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could a player that didnt play half the year (or more) win comeback player of the year?

Is it fair to players that played all or most of the year. Giving more chances for failure?

Because I am seriously wondering if Flacco shouldnt win the award.

but assuming he is disallowed.
Who do you guys think will win the award?

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Let's take a look at the latest Comeback Player of the Year odds.

COMEBACK PLAYER OF THE YEAR ODDS: *

Damar Hamlin, Bills: -470 (bet $10 to win $12.13 total)
Joe Flacco, Browns: +500 (bet $10 to win $60 total)
Baker Mayfield, Buccaneers: +850 (bet $10 to win $95 total)
Matthew Stafford, Rams: +1400 (bet $10 to win $150 total)
Tua Tagovailoa, Dolphins: +1800 (bet $10 to win
$190 total)

Odds as of 12/26/23
Lamar Jackson: Ravens: +2600 (bet $10 to win $270 total)

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
give me any of the latter 3. Tua played 13 games and had an over 100 qb rating.

Hamlin coming back is great...nice story. dumb for him to get this award.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it should be Stafford tbh. Injury riddled last season and a lot of questions if he could even stay on the field, let alone be good. And he's played fantastic in getting the Rams probably back to the play-offs and actually could even be trouble for some teams in the dance. I really don't get those betting odds though. They make no sense to me.

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to sound like an asshole but Damar Hamlin should NOT win this award - he’s only played in a couple of games and made a couple of tackles - he hasn’t made an impact at all. Yes it’s a great story that he is able to play again after almost dying on the field last year, but this award should be for players who’ve made an impact on the field.

I would probably vote for Baker Mayfield to win it - he was labeled a bust and was bounced around last year and now he’s a hour to lead the Bucs to the playoffs after having a very good season. Flacco is a great choice as well, he’s keeping the Browns season alive.

Hamlin will win it because the media loves a feel-good Hallmark movie story, but it’s a crock if he wins it, because he hasn’t made an impact. I’m happy Hamlin has made a full recovery but this award should be for people who are playing great football.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it should be Stafford tbh. Injury riddled last season and a lot of questions if he could even stay on the field, let alone be good. And he's played fantastic in getting the Rams probably back to the play-offs and actually could even be trouble for some teams in the dance. I really don't get those betting odds though. They make no sense to me.
He’d prolly get my vote as well.

Has anyone ever won CBPY twice?

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd go with Mayfield.
People were wondering if he should even be a starting QB again, before the season.
Some growing pains early with a new OC, but is the most surprising player in my mind (that has been around since the start of the season)
9 TDs to 1 INT in the month of December. 4-0 W/L. The team is clicking on all cylinders right now.

I am not surprised by Stafford. I figured he would do well.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baker or Stafford works this year

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the Flacco & Mayfield options.
I'd go with Mayfield.
People were wondering if he should even be a starting QB again, before the season.
Some growing pains early with a new OC, but is the most surprising player in my mind (that has been around since the start of the season)
9 TDs to 1 INT in the month of December. 4-0 W/L. The team is clicking on all cylinders right now.

I am not surprised by Stafford. I figured he would do well.
Baker or Stafford works this year
Flacco could possibly get the nod here if only because he's come out of retirement and not only has he been outstanding, but has played as well, if not better than any QB during his short stretch. Of course this short stretch is what could damn his chances as well. Generally when you think of an award such as CPY, you think of those candidates' play thruout an entire season, not just a handful of games. So at this point I'm on board with Stafford or Mayfield as the leading contenders. But damn if Flacco hasn't been incredible so far.