• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial "Johnny Manziel" Superthread

When Will Manziel Be Taken

• Total voters

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would agree if this was some decades ago. The new NFL is a 24/7/ 365 job. For a rookie he should be on that system until he can prove his worth. This is not the era of Joe Namath. We will see with him very soon.

I agree we will see with him very soon but the kid can do whatever he wants during his time off. Him being a rookie has nothing to do with it.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree we will see with him very soon but the kid can do whatever he wants during his time off. Him being a rookie has nothing to do with it.
The time off should be trying to get the Browns to be contenders again IMO. He isn't just making a five -figure salary. The NFL is not a normal job....there is no time off for a player who is trying to better his production.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always felt that in order to excel at any thing, you need a above average work ethic. Not seeing it with Johnny, perhaps that will change, but I doubt it.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is exactly right. Nowadays everything gets blown out of proportion. As long as he performs on the field, who gives a shit. Back in the day they did way worse than this and nobody gave a shit.
And how do you think he will perform this new season?

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hasn't been this much hype on a Rookie NFL QB since Tebow. and Tebow had the work ethic.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hasn't been this much hype on a Rookie NFL QB since Tebow. and Tebow had the work ethic.

:lol: work ethic or not, you still need some God given talent. Tebow should of been pissed off at God for not giving him any.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would agree if this was some decades ago. The new NFL is a 24/7/ 365 job. For a rookie he should be on that system until he can prove his worth. This is not the era of Joe Namath. We will see with him very soon.

When a 49ers fan is talking about how a player should be acting off the field I just have to :pound:

Guess we should just expect JFF to be above reproach

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I was younger I found out that I was pretty damn good at a particular sport. I had goals in mind of getting to play in college and needed a scholly to do so. I had a choice: 1) Spend my summers working my ass off to get better and compete, or 2) Enjoy my summer break with my friends. I chose #1. I had to learn to sacrifice. You make that choice because it gives you the opportunity to do something that most others won't get the chance to do.

I got a scholly and got to go to college. After I actually was fortunate enough to play as a pro for a number of years. I was blessed with talent, but nowhere near the level of talent this douchebag has. I never became a millionaire, never became famous. However I worked my ass off year after year, and never let anyone or anything get in the way of my goals. I can at least look back and know that I squeezed every ounce of talent out that God gave me.

Am I biased because he is a successful aggie? You betcha. However, its also crap like this which makes most of us have no respect for this asshat. He has an enormous amount of talent and he's acting like he could care less if he pisses it all away. I don't think there is one single sane person who really thinks that he is giving this opportunity 100%.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He doesn't have an enormous amount of talent, though. That's simply incorrect.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is exactly right. Nowadays everything gets blown out of proportion. As long as he performs on the field, who gives a shit. Back in the day they did way worse than this and nobody gave a shit.

:agree:

Broadway Joe wore pantie hoes

90's Cowboys hung out with strippers and did coke

DJax and Hernandez run with gang members

Who gives a damn what they do in there down time, this kid hasn't even played in a game yet, let him prove himself on the field first before judging his off the field lifestyle

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Who gives a damn what they do in there down time, this kid hasn't even played in a game yet, let him prove himself on the field first before judging his off the field lifestyle

And how have their careers turned out? Are you going to claim that these idiots have made the most out of their careers?

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jackson has done nothing wrong.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When he falls flat on his face and pulls his first Ryan Leaf episode we will know what many already think about him.
tdown

He wont meltdown He's not mentally weak like Ryan who is in prison for drugs or an RG3 who's daddy had to go in locker room, or his own teammate Moss telling him to be a man. Kid had a good interview where he said he works hard 5-6 days a week in practice and nobody should tell him how to spend his weekends

Backroads

The One Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like Johnny or the Cleveland Browns but I agree with him on this. Cant say I wouldn't celebrate a little if I just became a millionaire.
Yep...I was on the plane with Matt Stafford going to New York just after he signed is contract. That kid couldn't have stopped smiling if he wanted to. LOL

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hell yea. My role model would have been a guy like Babe Ruth

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And how have their careers turned out? Are you going to claim that these idiots have made the most out of their careers?

I ain't claiming anything, point is players are gonna do what they want to do on their off time.

Like I said the kid has done squat on an NFL field or even shown that he can compete at this level, so who cares what he says or is doing.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We care because a team made a large (and brain dead) investment in him.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We care because a team made a large (and brain dead) investment in him.

No you only care cause your waiting to tell everyone, " see I told you so" if he craps out in the league.

The only ones that should be worried is Brownie Fans since it's their team that rolled the dice on him.