• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial "Johnny Manziel" Superthread

When Will Manziel Be Taken

• Total voters

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Locker with a broken throwing arm would shit on Manziel every day of the week.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Texas fans say JFF has no talent, then he has no talent. If any school knows all about shitty no-talent NFL QB's...it's them.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Locker with a broken throwing arm would shit on RG3 every day of the week.

To be fair Griffin has a bad knee so its a fair comparison

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I'm here. I'm very committed to football. I'm committed to my job, and on the weekends I'm going to enjoy my time off."

Maybe he should say, " in the offseason," not "on the weekends," unless he wants to be a backup/IR on Sundays.

;)

Why should he bs the media. Kid is 21 and entitled to have fun on his time off. If he comes into practice all hungover then its a problem

Just a joke.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When a 49ers fan is talking about how a player should be acting off the field I just have to :pound:

Guess we should just expect JFF to be above reproach
Of course every fan of any team copies what the players do. Stupid comment .

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it disappoints you, but he's never going to do that. He's a star and he's going to shit on everyone in his path.

I'm not even a Manziel fanboy, and I can't stand TAMU, but the dude is a fucking monster.

He's the real deal.
I really couldn't care less how he performs as a player. Maybe he will be the answer for the Browns.His lifestyle has no effect on me. This about life in the NFL...not college. Just off season chatter anyway.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Texas fans say JFF has no talent, then he has no talent. If any school knows all about shitty no-talent NFL QB's...it's them.

Except that the person who said he had no talent is a Patriots fan. Again, where is this stuff coming from???

The only Texas poster on this thread that I have seen is me. And I should have been quoted with saying he has an incredible amount of talent - but is just pissing it away.

Somehow this equates to a husker and an aggie poster saying: Texas fans have taken over this thread and a Texas fan has said he has no talent.

This is almost ridiculous beyond explainability.

All of a sudden, multiple people join in a thread saying johnny is being an idiot. 1 and only 1 of them happens to be a Texas fan. So now, according to huskers and aggies, that equates to Texas fans taking over a thread, all of them (1) being t-shirt fans, and Texas fans saying johnnyboy has no talent (when the only Texas fan said otherwise).

:wtf2:

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except that the person who said he had no talent is a Patriots fan. Again, where is this stuff coming from???

The only Texas poster on this thread that I have seen is me. And I should have been quoted with saying he has an incredible amount of talent - but is just pissing it away.

Somehow this equates to a husker and an aggie poster saying: Texas fans have taken over this thread and a Texas fan has said he has no talent.

This is almost ridiculous beyond explainability.

All of a sudden, multiple people join in a thread saying johnny is being an idiot. 1 and only 1 of them happens to be a Texas fan. So now, according to huskers and aggies, that equates to Texas fans taking over a thread, all of them (1) being t-shirt fans, and Texas fans saying johnnyboy has no talent (when the only Texas fan said otherwise).

:wtf2:

I'm a Longhorn fan and think he's an arrogant, self absorbed, over grown child.

What he needs to be doing is living at the complex to try to win the starting job from Hoyer but instead he's doing just what's required and that's not going to cut it at this level.

QB is the hardest position to transition from into the pros. The speed of the game, the fact that defenses disguise what they're doing better, etc just make it insane and instead of trying to adapt he thinks that just showing up is going to be good enough.

He said he plans to start week 1. OK kid, how are you going to get there? You have to win that job from Hoyer and he's got a leg up on you. Oh, you're off sipping drinks in Vegas? Yeah, that ought to do it.

Please let this kid start week 1 against my Steelers.

I think he's got the talent to succeed to a point in this level. I don't look at him and see HoFer, but he has the potential to go far...but only IF he puts in the work. He has to realize that, right now, he's not good enough. Few rookies are. He's not willing to put in the extra work it's going to take and that's going to catch up to him.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a Longhorn fan and think he's an arrogant, self absorbed, over grown child.

What he needs to be doing is living at the complex to try to win the starting job from Hoyer but instead he's doing just what's required and that's not going to cut it at this level.

QB is the hardest position to transition from into the pros. The speed of the game, the fact that defenses disguise what they're doing better, etc just make it insane and instead of trying to adapt he thinks that just showing up is going to be good enough.

He said he plans to start week 1. OK kid, how are you going to get there? You have to win that job from Hoyer and he's got a leg up on you. Oh, you're off sipping drinks in Vegas? Yeah, that ought to do it.

Please let this kid start week 1 against my Steelers.

I think he's got the talent to succeed to a point in this level. I don't look at him and see HoFer, but he has the potential to go far...but only IF he puts in the work. He has to realize that, right now, he's not good enough. Few rookies are. He's not willing to put in the extra work it's going to take and that's going to catch up to him.

Yup in other news, I just read an article that quotes Russel Wilson putting in 12 hour days During the off season!

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think I'm doing anything wrong. If I want to be with my friends during my free time, I have the right. I'm not going to change for anybody, I'm going to enjoy my time off. -Johnny Manziel

Wow talk about sticking your fingers in your ears, stomping your feet and throwing a tantrum. Yes Johnny you do have that right. But you also have the right to want to be special. You think Russel Wilson is out partying in Vegas? do you think Peyton Manning laying on a blowup swan with a bottle of champagne?

Im not a Cleveland fan so I really dont care but man the more I read and see Manziel the more thankful I am for Russel Wilson, who when Johnny "calls it a day" puts in 4 more hours, and when Johnnys "enjoying his off time" he's studying, and doing EXTRA!

Johnny football, more like Johnny "doing just enough to get by"

:wtf:

After you have sex wth your wife or girlfriend or whatever do you say "honey, did I do enough to get by or did I put in that EXTRA like my boy Russel Wilson?" :yahoo:

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JM is the Brian Bosworth of this era...he MADE himself into a 1st round pick...he's not what any scout would say is a 1st round talent for the position at the NFL level.

At least with JaMarcus Russell, scouts were oohing and ahhing over his arm, and potential at the next level...watching JM as this amazing CFB QB didn't do much for NFL scouts because the games are so dissimilar.

Personally I see nothing wrong with his off the field demeanor, but...you draft a guy to be the face of the franchise...he's better known for what he's doing off the field vs on it...imo that's a problem...not so much for JM...but for the Browns.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ATL96Steeler I will say though he hasn't had much time to prove anything on the field yet though. His whole NFL career up to this point has been off the field so until he is on the field we have no clue. There have been plenty of players who partied hard but also worked hard. Heck I look at a guy like Gronkowski who when healthy is considered the best TE in the NFL and if he can get healthy could end up being a top-5 guy at his position yet he is a big time partier but he is also known for his hard work on the field and his time in the weight room.

As hard as Peyton Manning works he has said he realizes now he actually worked too hard at times and wore himself out. He has learned now that it is important to take some time off and relax. Now what somebody chooses to do with that time is up to them. For Peyton it is usually spending time with family relaxing. For Johnny it is going out with his friends and having a good time. Now given there is a tough balance that a player has to find. I would agree right now Johnny is living it up a bit much and should work to get out of the spotlight just a bit. We shall see though once the season has started how much time he really has put into his craft and working to make himself better.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) PR Director had to step down;
2) Coach is starting to tighten up on him;
3) Players are expressing unhappiness with him;
4) Owner: "johnny, tone it down now."
5) Team starts looking to extend Hoyer's contract.

johnnyhollywood's response: Go party with Justin Beiber and Floyd Mayweather.

Brilliant.:lol:

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny thread
JM won't prove the opinions posted in this thread one way or the other in June/July.
I look forward to seeing this play itself out

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny thread
JM won't prove the opinions posted in this thread one way or the other in June/July.
I look forward to seeing this play itself out

But extrapolating about off the field behavior to on field performance, makes so much sense. No matter, the guy hasn't even actually play a down in the NFL. Apparently pre judgment is all the rage these days.

Night out with friends=not serious about Football=crash and burn

I'll with hold judgment myself and base my opinion by on the field performance, when I actually see it.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ATL96Steeler I will say though he hasn't had much time to prove anything on the field yet though. His whole NFL career up to this point has been off the field so until he is on the field we have no clue. There have been plenty of players who partied hard but also worked hard. Heck I look at a guy like Gronkowski who when healthy is considered the best TE in the NFL and if he can get healthy could end up being a top-5 guy at his position yet he is a big time partier but he is also known for his hard work on the field and his time in the weight room.

As hard as Peyton Manning works he has said he realizes now he actually worked too hard at times and wore himself out. He has learned now that it is important to take some time off and relax. Now what somebody chooses to do with that time is up to them. For Peyton it is usually spending time with family relaxing. For Johnny it is going out with his friends and having a good time. Now given there is a tough balance that a player has to find. I would agree right now Johnny is living it up a bit much and should work to get out of the spotlight just a bit. We shall see though once the season has started how much time he really has put into his craft and working to make himself better.

There you go...spot on...he's not the Andrew Luck, can't miss prospect, or even the super athletic but can pass RG3 prospect.

My point here is there's a lot more unknown about JM as a pro QB prospect than a normal 1st round pick...other than good feet and instinct...do you want to hand the keys of your franchise to a guy more known for partying more than film study? That may not be the case, but perception is reality sometimes.

I think it sets a bad leadership example, especially for a rookie...there's plenty of opportunity for him to spread his wings so to speak...right now is not that time...

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There you go...spot on...he's not the Andrew Luck, can't miss prospect, or even the super athletic but can pass RG3 prospect.

My point here is there's a lot more unknown about JM as a pro QB prospect than a normal 1st round pick...other than good feet and instinct...do you want to hand the keys of your franchise to a guy more known for partying more than film study? That may not be the case, but perception is reality sometimes.

I think it sets a bad leadership example, especially for a rookie...there's plenty of opportunity for him to spread his wings so to speak...right now is not that time...

I completely agree. I don't condone his actions and how he is representing himself or the Browns at this time. At the same time we have no clue what he is all doing with his down time as right now there is a ton of down time so he could be spending 8-10 hours in his playbook and in the weight room then after going out for a drink with some friends. Not what I would do when I am supposed to be the face of the franchise but I have plenty of friends who are great at their job and yet still party hard.

Now if he were the quarterback of the Broncos man I would be pissed by all of this but if he then went and played great on the field I would have a bit more leniency on his actions that he is doing during the off season. As soon as I would see it interfering with his play on the field though man if I were the owner I would be wondering what the heck were we thinking drafting this guy. Now honestly I wonder that already as I don't think he will be special in the NFL but if I knew he wasn't doing everything he could to be great I would be ticked that we used such a valuable pick to get a guy that would rather party.

So again we shall see what happens. There are guys who can handle being in the NFL and having success on the field while also partying at the proper time. There are others that let that take over their lives. I do worry when I see the people he has decided to associate himself with that he is heading down a very bad path but we shall see.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But extrapolating about off the field behavior to on field performance, makes so much sense. No matter, the guy hasn't even actually play a down in the NFL. Apparently pre judgment is all the rage these days.

Night out with friends=not serious about Football=crash and burn

I'll with hold judgment myself and base my opinion by on the field performance, when I actually see it.

Sometimes I honestly think your the only knowledgeable Skins fan I ever met!:suds: