• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial "Johnny Manziel" Superthread

When Will Manziel Be Taken

• Total voters

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People despise JF so much even if he becomes great or a solid QB people will still say he didn't live up to the hype, so who cares what he does in his free time.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes I honestly think your the only knowledgeable Skins fan I ever met!:suds:

High compliment indeed, especially coming from an eagles fan. Respect and thanks. Been an NFL fan for way too long. Lived thru the 80s and the style of play I loved from my skins. Old school in my views and while I bleed burgundy and gold, i try to judge players based on what I actually see on the field, come game day. Go figure? :suds:

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I completely agree. I don't condone his actions and how he is representing himself or the Browns at this time. At the same time we have no clue what he is all doing with his down time as right now there is a ton of down time so he could be spending 8-10 hours in his playbook and in the weight room then after going out for a drink with some friends. Not what I would do when I am supposed to be the face of the franchise but I have plenty of friends who are great at their job and yet still party hard.

Now if he were the quarterback of the Broncos man I would be pissed by all of this but if he then went and played great on the field I would have a bit more leniency on his actions that he is doing during the off season. As soon as I would see it interfering with his play on the field though man if I were the owner I would be wondering what the heck were we thinking drafting this guy. Now honestly I wonder that already as I don't think he will be special in the NFL but if I knew he wasn't doing everything he could to be great I would be ticked that we used such a valuable pick to get a guy that would rather party.

So again we shall see what happens. There are guys who can handle being in the NFL and having success on the field while also partying at the proper time. There are others that let that take over their lives. I do worry when I see the people he has decided to associate himself with that he is heading down a very bad path but we shall see.

His actual actions (that we've seen anyway) IS something I would condone...just not in the frequency that he seems to favor...like every opportunity.

Obviously the Steeler's QB has had far worse off the field issues so I fall in line with the saying...skillet calling the the tea kettle black.

That's in part is why I think JM needs to reel it in...while we don't know how hard he's working on his craft, but you can bet that his teammates do know and if he's looking like he doesn't know what he's doing out there (like most rookie QBs) it just fuels the fire.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ATL96Steeler I will say though he hasn't had much time to prove anything on the field yet though. His whole NFL career up to this point has been off the field so until he is on the field we have no clue. There have been plenty of players who partied hard but also worked hard. Heck I look at a guy like Gronkowski who when healthy is considered the best TE in the NFL and if he can get healthy could end up being a top-5 guy at his position yet he is a big time partier but he is also known for his hard work on the field and his time in the weight room.

As hard as Peyton Manning works he has said he realizes now he actually worked too hard at times and wore himself out. He has learned now that it is important to take some time off and relax. Now what somebody chooses to do with that time is up to them. For Peyton it is usually spending time with family relaxing. For Johnny it is going out with his friends and having a good time. Now given there is a tough balance that a player has to find. I would agree right now Johnny is living it up a bit much and should work to get out of the spotlight just a bit. We shall see though once the season has started how much time he really has put into his craft and working to make himself better.

There's a difference between a tight end and a QB. A tight end, even a super star, can just be a face in the crowd of the team in terms of his example. The QB, no matter what, sets the tone for the team and will Lways be the example in the locker room and the face of the franchise. The spotlight isn't the same.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a difference between a tight end and a QB. A tight end, even a super star, can just be a face in the crowd of the team in terms of his example. The QB, no matter what, sets the tone for the team and will Lways be the example in the locker room and the face of the franchise. The spotlight isn't the same.

Ok so then quarterback example...Broadway Joe lived the party life yet was still successful on the field. As stated by ATL Ben Roethlisberger has lived quite the party life. He has calmed down a lot over the last few years but for a while probably took things a bit too far in the party scene.

I'm not saying that Manziel partying this much is a good thing. I'm saying soon he will be judged by what he does on the field. If he can succeed on the field then most will put up with his partying as long as the team continues to win. They start losing though then of course the fans and media will turn on him even more than they already have. Yes he needs to grow up and get his name in the media for more than who he is partying with or where he is partying but he is a young kid and will have to learn. I've seen players who go too far the other way in so obsessed with the game it actually hurts them more than helps so it is about finding a balance.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe was a joke and since Ben got into shit he (and his team) have gotten nothing done.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well HOF voters would disagree with him being a joke. Also the Steelers made it to 2 Super Bowls after Roethlisberger was in his serious motorcycle accident and made it to one after his first sexual assault charge so wouldn't say they haven't done anything since some of his incidents.

NorthCoastSteelersFan

Sleep...now.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Johnnie should go ahead and have some fun while he can.

All too soon, he will face the harsh reality of playing in Cleveland (aka the Well of Lost Souls, aka the Pit of Despair, aka "CFL, here I come").

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really hope he leads the Browns to the winning way and I hope he proves me wrong for sure. What I see is if he is the starting QB...by early October: " I haven't had enough time to learn the playbook ..it will take a while to learn...get off of my back!"

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really hope he leads the Browns to the winning way and I hope he proves me wrong for sure. What I see is if he is the starting QB...by early October: " I haven't had enough time to learn the playbook ..it will take a while to learn...get off of my back!"

It's all going to come down to how he plays. If he comes in and blows people's doors off, we'll eat our words. If he comes in and struggles, we'll look back at all that partying and say, "We told you so, kid. You should have listened".

Tom Brady told his team yesterday that vacation is over and it's time to get to work.

Tell me what does Tom have left to prove at this point? He's got his rings and no one doubts he's going to be in Canton, yet he looks ahead and realizes he's got to get going on things.

Yet to look at Johnny Manziel, it's no big deal. He's got this in the bag.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's all going to come down to how he plays. If he comes in and blows people's doors off, we'll eat our words. If he comes in and struggles, we'll look back at all that partying and say, "We told you so, kid. You should have listened".

Tom Brady told his team yesterday that vacation is over and it's time to get to work.

Tell me what does Tom have left to prove at this point? He's got his rings and no one doubts he's going to be in Canton, yet he looks ahead and realizes he's got to get going on things.

Yet to look at Johnny Manziel, it's no big deal. He's got this in the bag.

There's the chance that he wouldn't pan out with or without the partying, but now we'll point to the partying as the cause. Not saying that he is doing this purposefully or subconsciously, but if he doesn't pan out, he can say it wasn't his abilities or talent but rather the partying. I suppose lost potential can be worse than not being good enough, but who knows for some. Again, not trying to psychobabble as I think he's just having fun and doesn't think it hurts his chances.

As to Tom Brady, he doesn't have the same to prove as others have, but when people write about your demise and you haven't won in your last two tries or in 9/10 years, you feel you have something to prove to you, the team, the media, and to push back Father Time (not just in physically being able to play but rather win SBs).

Last edited by a moderator:

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I completely agree. I don't condone his actions and how he is representing himself or the Browns at this time. At the same time we have no clue what he is all doing with his down time as right now there is a ton of down time so he could be spending 8-10 hours in his playbook and in the weight room then after going out for a drink with some friends. Not what I would do when I am supposed to be the face of the franchise but I have plenty of friends who are great at their job and yet still party hard.

Now if he were the quarterback of the Broncos man I would be pissed by all of this but if he then went and played great on the field I would have a bit more leniency on his actions that he is doing during the off season. As soon as I would see it interfering with his play on the field though man if I were the owner I would be wondering what the heck were we thinking drafting this guy. Now honestly I wonder that already as I don't think he will be special in the NFL but if I knew he wasn't doing everything he could to be great I would be ticked that we used such a valuable pick to get a guy that would rather party.

So again we shall see what happens. There are guys who can handle being in the NFL and having success on the field while also partying at the proper time. There are others that let that take over their lives. I do worry when I see the people he has decided to associate himself with that he is heading down a very bad path but we shall see.

I would be upset either way with my QB partying, even of he won because I feel he has no room for "wrong place, wrong time" defense if some gold-digger claims r*pe, some fight takes place around him either injuring him or getting him in legal trouble, etc. Just like driving, sometimes it is not you, it's the other driver. You can't quit driving, but metaphorically speaking, you needn't drink while drive, go to the wrong neighborhood, or go too late. Just keep your head away from the temptations and stay out of danger. Sure, that's no fun, but you are being paid millions, have an exclusive club of people, etc. I'm not saying have no fun, but little enough if isn't an issue even by the sharks, I mean, media. Some of it's inescapable, but every weekend?

I'm overprotective, I just want my players to stay out of incidental events (or purposeful shit). Johnny is not my player, so party on!

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Johnny problem is he always taking pictures wherever he goes. The whole world doesn't need to know that you were out with the fellas. I'm pretty sure other rookies have gone out to have a good time on several weekends but they're not taking/posting pictures on IG for the world to see.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Johnny problem is he always taking pictures wherever he goes. The whole world doesn't need to know that you were out with the fellas. I'm pretty sure other rookies have gone out to have a good time on several weekends but they're not taking/posting pictures on IG for the world to see.

Quite a few of them do the same thing. Just, nobody cares. He has significantly more followers than those others and, and a certain network keeping tabs on everything.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quite a few of them do the same thing. Just, nobody cares. He has significantly more followers than those others and, and a certain network keeping tabs on everything.

It's not only ESPN though. I always see him on TMZ. I'm a fan of him and a fan of him doing what the hell he wants with his weekends/time off until training camp begins but he needs to be more aware of his situation and think about his team. This can easily become a distraction to his team.

Sometimes you have to lay low for a bit especially when you're new to a team

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe was a joke and since Ben got into shit he (and his team) have gotten nothing done.

You most likely never saw Joe Namath play a football game in his prime...I barely did, but what I did see was impressive even by today's standard. When he got to LA...he was washed up.

Not a joke, but of the HOF QBs...he's probably the least deserving imo...Namath got in largely on one game, but he's in. The window was short, but he won possibly the biggest game in NFL history...if the Jet lose that game, probably no merger.

Ben...why beat dead horse? We've been down that road.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Call me naïve, but I don't think Tom Brady or Peyton Manning spending too many Monday nights partying it up at Justin Bieber's house. Especially 24 hours after your team owner told you to "tone it down"

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Call me naïve, but I don't think Tom Brady or Peyton Manning spending too many Monday nights partying it up at Justin Bieber's house. Especially 24 hours after your team owner told you to "tone it down"

I never said they did.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:L

The first r*pe accusation was back in 2008 and Ben won a superbowl that season... Then went to the superbowl in 2010...

Yea... He (and his team) have gotten nothing done alright

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L

The first r*pe accusation was back in 2008 and Ben won a superbowl that season... Then went to the superbowl in 2010...

Yea... He (and his team) have gotten nothing done alright

Whoa, whoa, whoa..... JDM wrong? But he said it with such conviction!