• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Suns traded Keef's brother "without consent"

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Laker(s) fans so much like to brag about their 16 championship to Phoenix's zero, why do they spend so much time talking about them?

It seems to me that 2006 and 2007 were bitter pills to swallow even now nearly a decade later.

It is funny that the glory days of the Suns are beating Kobe and that crew of scrubs in two straight first round match ups. I'm surprised they never raised any banners for those accomplishments.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry, I failed to realize that only Lakers and Suns fans were the only ones allowed to chime in on their beaten-to-death message board rivalry that transformed long before this thread was created.

Still doesn't explain what your post had to do with Keef being upset that he was traded without consent.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is funny that the glory days of the Suns are beating Kobe and that crew of scrubs in two straight first round match ups. I'm surprised they never raised any banners for those accomplishments.

Glory days would be the 90's losing to MJ in the finals. He is the goat after all. KJ, Chuck, Thunder Dan, Ainge, etc. were better than the Run N Gun Suns.

It's not like we've watched bad basketball teams, just never got over the hump.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Morris brothers were separated this summer, and Markieff wants out of Phoenix. The best place for him? Tom Haberstroh writes it's next to his twin: "Markieff shot a scorching 58.4 percent from the floor off of Marcus' passes compared to just 46 percent from all other teammates."

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glory days would be the 90's losing to MJ in the finals. He is the goat after all. KJ, Chuck, Thunder Dan, Ainge, etc. were better than the Run N Gun Suns.

I agree with that. It just seems a lot of Suns fans love talking about how the Suns beat the Lakers in a couple first rounds series in the mid 2000's. Maybe they are just the young ones.

Sir Charles was one of my favorite players back then so I was definitely cheering for the Suns over the Bulls in the '93 finals. A young Ceballos. A not yet so rotund Miller. Chambers still getting it done. That was a fun team to watch. Well, except for Ainge.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with that. It just seems a lot of Suns fans love talking about how the Suns beat the Lakers in a couple first rounds series in the mid 2000's. Maybe they are just the young ones.

Sir Charles was one of my favorite players back then so I was definitely cheering for the Suns over the Bulls in the '93 finals. A young Ceballos. A not yet so rotund Miller. Chambers still getting it done. That was a fun team to watch. Well, except for Ainge.

I just think in any rivalry (ours was pretty good from 2004-2010) you're gonna have people talking shit whenever they get the chance. Hell, that series when we came back from a 3-1 deficit to win the series was pretty awesome. Then you guys had the one where you had that tip-in at the buzzer for the win in the WCF that ultimately ended up deciding the series so it got pretty heated.

It's settled down the last few years due to both of our teams being down, but we had some great battles. The 90's gave us a lot of similar battles to watch except it was the Bulls and Sonics that we got into heated matchups with. Even in the regular season against the Bulls we had Barkley talking shit to MJ, it was a fun rivalry because of how rarely they played each other. At the end of the day, sports wouldn't be fun without rivalries and hatred. So fuck you and fuck LA :lol:

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Morris brothers were separated this summer, and Markieff wants out of Phoenix. The best place for him? Tom Haberstroh writes it's next to his twin: "Markieff shot a scorching 58.4 percent from the floor off of Marcus' passes compared to just 46 percent from all other teammates."

The funny thing is when they played together our team did worse than when they were off the court. Complete ball hogs and only passed to each other. Can't find the stat, but it was something like a 6 or 7 point negative difference when they were both on the court together compared to when they were not. Probably had something to do with their lazy defense as well, they're both average defenders WHEN they try, but they take plays off too often so I'd say they're below average defensively.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fakers are Lakers

Yep, got those 16 fake championships. Too bad the Suns don't have any fake or real ones.

You got that cute little ol' "4th highest winning percentage" thing going for you though.

FORKWDEVIL

shut up and make me a sandwich
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh the days! from a True Suns fan. My Thunder Dan framed autographed picture on my desk. I personally know Tom Chambers from his Ute Days and I have met the "thats all Paul" Cotton, Sir Charles and many more.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh the days! from a True Suns fan. My Thunder Dan framed autographed picture on my desk. I personally know Tom Chambers from his Ute Days and I have met the "thats all Paul" Cotton, Sir Charles and many more.

Cotton Fitzsimmons is arguably the most underrated coach in NBA history.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just think in any rivalry (ours was pretty good from 2004-2010) you're gonna have people talking shit whenever they get the chance. Hell, that series when we came back from a 3-1 deficit to win the series was pretty awesome. Then you guys had the one where you had that tip-in at the buzzer for the win in the WCF that ultimately ended up deciding the series so it got pretty heated.

It's settled down the last few years due to both of our teams being down, but we had some great battles. The 90's gave us a lot of similar battles to watch except it was the Bulls and Sonics that we got into heated matchups with. Even in the regular season against the Bulls we had Barkley talking shit to MJ, it was a fun rivalry because of how rarely they played each other. At the end of the day, sports wouldn't be fun without rivalries and hatred. So fuck you and fuck LA :lol:

Those were some good battles. One freaking rebound. I still want to punch Tim Thomas in the face :lol:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, there have been some fun playoff battles between the 2 teams. I loved watching those 90's Suns. Barkley was my favorite player in the league and Thunder Dan was right up there too.

Loved it when the Suns were in Chicago with the Bulls looking to clinch the title and Barkley goes into the Suns locker room and writes "Save the City" on the chalkboard because Bulls fans had rioted after the title the year before. :pound:

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not a Suns fan (though starting to develop allegiances with them after my aunt and uncle moved out there), but those two series, including the clotheslining incident, do seem to bother Lakers fans even close to a decade later and not getting any real vindication for it. It's understandable considering that as a Pacers fan, we still deal with New York fans that are still bitter over Reggie now decades later.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I still want to punch both J-Rich (for not boxing out) and Metta World Douche for that tip-in at the buzzer. :gaah:

I'm one of the biggest J-Rich fans on here, but he can't box out Artest. Yes, as a Pacers fan he's still Ron Artest no matter what kind of pub stunt he tries to pull.

Wish he would have kept the name "Panda's friend". That one's actually funny...

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still doesn't explain what your post had to do with Keef being upset that he was traded without consent.

Well Keef hasn't been traded, so that statement's been taken out of context.:D

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How about that same year in 1993 when the Suns spotted LA a 2-0 series lead in their own building yet the Lakers still couldn't close the deal?

Of course, they didn't have any stars of Kobe's caliber back then (Worthy is a HOF'er though well past his prime in '93), so their fans probably didn't follow the series all too closely.