• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My Plan For Giannis: A Reunion With Brogdon

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This trade doesn't work. For one, Wes Matthews is a free agent (he's got a player option for which you'd think he'd definitely pass on to hit FA and get more long term money). He'd have to be part of a sign and trade which also throws in other variables. But also, the salaries don't match up at all. You're gonna have to do different combinations with different players to get them to work to get Giannis on Indy. Considering Oladipo might walk, you should probably start exploring multi-team trades with him heading out if you want to play this little dream scenario game. At least make your pieces believable if you're gonna put in the effort to write.

Also, you're gonna have to give up a hell of a lot more than just 1 future 1st round draft pick. That's laughable. @tlance is exactly right. They'd laugh in your face at that trade because its not remotely serious. Paul George drew multiple picks. Giannis ain't Paul George. You're gonna have to pay.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL.....that offer from Indy is lacking.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lowry is not available.

He is the heart and soul of their team. And they think they can win now. They won’t be trading him for spare parts.
This.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that is your best offer, the Bucks probably aren’t going to pick up the phone when you call.

Yeah, I'm thinking that the Warriors offering Wiggins, this years #2 pick, next year's pick they got from Minny, and their own pick next year is probably more enticing. And I would guess that the Warriors are willing to add more picks, pick swaps, and players to make it happen. Klay, Paschall, and anyone not named Curry would all be on the table, I would think.

Last edited:

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I'm thinking that the Warriors offering Wiggins, this years #2 pick, next year's pick they got from Minny, and their own pick next year is probably more enticing. And I would guess that the Warriors are willing to add more picks, pick swaps, and players to make it happen. Klay, Paschall, and anyone not named Curry would all be on the table, I would think.
Not Klay, nope

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They can’t trade Klay.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Only way the Bucks take that is if they know for sure Giannis is leaving and just decide to get out of it now. That deal basically has no players in it. Wiggins is nothing special at all. When making a trade for Giannis, you need to look at what New Orleans got for Anthony Davis and base your package of that. That's the kind of caliber player we're talking here so that Davis deal set the market. NO got multiple young, promising players and a shit ton of picks.

GS doesn't really have any young promising players to offer (like Ingram). The Bucks would probably want Klay. I wouldn't do it if I were GS. I'd offer Draymond, but I doubt the Bucks would want him

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only way the Bucks take that is if they know for sure Giannis is leaving and just decide to get out of it now. That deal basically has no players in it. Wiggins is nothing special at all. When making a trade for Giannis, you need to look at what New Orleans got for Anthony Davis and base your package of that. That's the kind of caliber player we're talking here so that Davis deal set the market. NO got multiple young, promising players and a shit ton of picks.

GS doesn't really have any young promising players to offer (like Ingram). The Bucks would probably want Klay. I wouldn't do it if I were GS. I'd offer Draymond, but I doubt the Bucks would want him

but what team that he would resign with long term has that offer?

maybe Memphis or okc if they want to the Toronto and kawhi approach. But who that he would likely resign with if he’s leaving MIL?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This trade doesn't work. For one, Wes Matthews is a free agent (he's got a player option for which you'd think he'd definitely pass on to hit FA and get more long term money). He'd have to be part of a sign and trade which also throws in other variables. But also, the salaries don't match up at all. You're gonna have to do different combinations with different players to get them to work to get Giannis on Indy. Considering Oladipo might walk, you should probably start exploring multi-team trades with him heading out if you want to play this little dream scenario game. At least make your pieces believable if you're gonna put in the effort to write.

Also, you're gonna have to give up a hell of a lot more than just 1 future 1st round draft pick. That's laughable. @tlance is exactly right. They'd laugh in your face at that trade because its not remotely serious. Paul George drew multiple picks. Giannis ain't Paul George. You're gonna have to pay.

I didn't even look at salaries...that's how bad this offer was. In fact, I think MIL would be so offended they would cut off Indiana as a trade partner for years to come lol

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Klay isn't going anywhere. If the W's can't get Giannis without trading Klay...they would just go after another star. Klay will probably be a Warrior for his entire career (well other than late years) like Curry. To possibly get Giannis you would have to throw in a ton of picks (some valuable ones) and young players that have high ceilings (or a young star)...that's why I don't see it.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Klay isn't going anywhere. If the W's can't get Giannis without trading Klay...they would just go after another star. Klay will probably be a Warrior for his entire career (well other than late years) like Curry. To possibly get Giannis you would have to throw in a ton of picks (some valuable ones) and young players that have high ceilings (or a young star)...that's why I don't see it.

Yeah, no one gets equal value when they trade away a star player. At least not initially. It's about getting some young talent and maybe turning one of them into a star and/or getting a bunch of draft picks and hoping you can draft a star.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's more likely that Milwaukee blows it up and trades multiple players for one in an upgrade than that trade to Indiana. Problem is, who wants their pieces? DiVincenzo might have some interest, and Hill is paid attractively given his 3 point range, but he's getting up there at 34. Does anyone want the Slopez bros?

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

no one else has 2 (likely) top 5 picks

I’m curious what he does go for

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's more likely that Milwaukee blows it up and trades multiple players for one in an upgrade than that trade to Indiana. Problem is, who wants their pieces? DiVincenzo might have some interest, and Hill is paid attractively given his 3 point range, but he's getting up there at 34. Does anyone want the Slopez bros?

A CP3 trade does make a lot of sense for MIL but it's just finding pieces/picks that attracts OKC to budge. Yeah CP3 has an outrageous contract but they competed in the playoffs. With the right offer OKC would trade him. Here is an offer that might make them consider but idk:

Bledsoe $16.87M
Lopez $12.69M
Ilyasaova $7M
DiVincenzo $3.34M
2020 1st

For

CP3 - $41.35M

Paul is a huge upgrade from Bledsoe. Lopez is average at best. They would have to give up Divincenzo who is a promising player and good bench player. They would have little to no depth and would have to hit FA to get a much improved bench and center. It's really the best the Bucks can do though here.

Not sure OKC would want that Bledsoe contract for 2 more years and the Lopez contract for 3 more years but the Lopez contract isn't awful.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A CP3 trade does make a lot of sense for MIL but it's just finding pieces/picks that attracts OKC to budge. Yeah CP3 has an outrageous contract but they competed in the playoffs. With the right offer OKC would trade him. Here is an offer that might make them consider but idk:

Bledsoe $16.87M
Lopez $12.69M
Ilyasaova $7M
DiVincenzo $3.34M
2020 1st

For

CP3 - $41.35M

Paul is a huge upgrade from Bledsoe. Lopez is average at best. They would have to give up Divincenzo who is a promising player and good bench player. They would have little to no depth and would have to hit FA to get a much improved bench and center. It's really the best the Bucks can do though here.

Not sure OKC would want that Bledsoe contract for 2 more years and the Lopez contract for 3 more years but the Lopez contract isn't awful.
Dude.

Paul is a good player, but his contract is not an asset.

All it would take is Bledsoe and a salary match basically.

The Bucks would not have to include Divencenzo and a pick.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got a trade for ya @HurricaneDij39 this is the best the Pacers can do. They don't have enough for Giannis and FA's stars do not want to come to Indy. Have to trade for a veteran player...

Turner $18M
McDermott $7.33M
TJ Leaf $4.32

For

Kevin Love $31.25M
2nd round pick

Turner seems to be regressing and is nothing special. Need to throw in Leaf to match contracts. You get a veteran outside shooter and elite rebounder and you really don't give up much in this trade. Cavs can finally get rid of this contract and get on with the rebuilding process.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude.

Paul is a good player, but his contract is not an asset.

All it would take is Bledsoe and a salary match basically.

The Bucks would not have to include Divencenzo and a pick.

Not both, one or the other. They still have to match salaries with a DJ Wilson. OKC would want a pick.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not both, one or the other. They still have to match salaries with a DJ Wilson. OKC would want a pick.

They might want it, don’t think they get it

A year ago Paul was among the most toxic contracts in the NBA. He still has 2 years left, and yes, he played well enough to remove a lot of his negative trade value. Not all though.

I don’t think the Bledsoe and Lopez contracts are bad at all. Both are solid players.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got a trade for ya @HurricaneDij39 this is the best the Pacers can do. They don't have enough for Giannis and FA's stars do not want to come to Indy. Have to trade for a veteran player...

Turner $18M
McDermott $7.33M
TJ Leaf $4.32

For

Kevin Love $31.25M
2nd round pick

Turner seems to be regressing and is nothing special. Need to throw in Leaf to match contracts. You get a veteran outside shooter and elite rebounder and you really don't give up much in this trade. Cavs can finally get rid of this contract and get on with the rebuilding process.

If they get D'Antoni as coach and a healthy Kevin Love (far from a given at this point), a lineup of Brogdan, Oladipo, Warren, Love, and Sabonis would be quite formidable.