• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My Plan For Giannis: A Reunion With Brogdon

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was the post of mine that yesterday afternoon had made the cover story of the website I'm on:

I've seen this movie before as an NBA fan, and it feels like deja vu.

Back in the late '00's, Kobe played the role of the superstar on the star-studded team in the glamour city, while LeBron was the young MVP playing for the underachieving small-market franchise. These days, LeBron is playing Kobe's role from back then while Giannis has found his way into LeBron's old role.

More than a decade later, not much has changed within NBA circles, and it is not for the better of the casual fan.

The national media simply does not want Giannis in Milwaukee anymore, and regardless of how much he may want to stay, he is bound to face enormous pressure to leave the city that had practically raised him. This resembles everything that is wrong with our sport today, and it is an NBA culture that MeBron himself is solely responsible for.

Even though early reports suggest they'd be unwilling to trade Giannis even if he declines his max extension, the Bucks may want to entertain offers given the performance of Khris Middleton in Game 4 of their series. After seeing Middleton's proven ability to lead the team in the clutch during that particular moment, Milwaukee may be best served to bring in talent around him in the event Giannis leaves as a free agent in 2021. Khris is a good player as well, and you'd hate to just leave him on an island...

My best offer would be Sabonis, Warren, Aaron Holiday, and a future first round pick in exchange for Giannis and former Pacer Wesley Matthews.

This trade would allow for Giannis to work with a similar big man to what he currently has in Milwaukee with Lopez, only younger and bouncier, and in the name of Myles Turner. Turner was one of the few bright spots in our sweep against Miami. We have an obvious connection to Giannis in Malcolm, and Oladipo will still be here as well. Maybe also hire Billups as HC to help smooth his fundamentals a bit...

Jeremy Lamb being out really hurts our bench for next season, but with Matthews coming back in the proposed deal we could fill out our roster with bits and pieces in the short-term, such as a Patrick Patterson-type. The likes of T.J. McConnell, Doug McDermott, and Edmond Sumner are also here for next year.

Giannis is not a big-city personality and he should re-sign. And if he doesn't? Well, when you've been swept out of back-to-back postseasons like we have, you've got to risk it to get the biscuit in this business. See: Toronto w/ Kawhi.

I fully understand that the content in this particular write-up does not consist of material that most would like to hear. That said, I don't post to please others.

Oh, and because it makes people bark so much...
Built.Not.Bought :yahoo:

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's fucking awesome that my post made the cover story in spite of my use of the made-up name "MeBron". :clap:

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately, I think its time for the bucks to try and find another star. I believe that during the regular season its about team chemistry and coaching but at the end of the day come playoff time its the teams usually with the star players that advance and win the championship. There are a ton of rumors in CP3 idk how difficult it will be to make that happen but they need to do something Giannis cant do this alone.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was the post of mine that yesterday afternoon had made the cover story of the website I'm on:

Back in the late '00's, Kobe played the role of the superstar on the star-studded team in the glamour city, while LeBron was the young MVP playing for the underachieving small-market franchise. These days, LeBron is playing Kobe's role from back then while Giannis has found his way into LeBron's old role.

More than a decade later, not much has changed within NBA circles, and it is not for the better of the casual fan.

The national media simply does not want Giannis in Milwaukee anymore, and regardless of how much he may want to stay, he is bound to face enormous pressure to leave the city that had practically raised him. This resembles everything that is wrong with our sport today, and it is an NBA culture that MeBron himself is solely responsible for.

Even though early reports suggest they'd be unwilling to trade Giannis even if he declines his max extension, the Bucks may want to entertain offers given the performance of Khris Middleton in Game 4 of their series. After seeing Middleton's proven ability to lead the team in the clutch during that particular moment, Milwaukee may be best served to bring in talent around him in the event Giannis leaves as a free agent in 2021. Khris is a good player as well, and you'd hate to just leave him on an island...

My best offer would be Sabonis, Warren, Aaron Holiday, and a future first round pick in exchange for Giannis and former Pacer Wesley Matthews.

This trade would allow for Giannis to work with a similar big man to what he currently has in Milwaukee with Lopez, only younger and bouncier, and in the name of Myles Turner. Turner was one of the few bright spots in our sweep against Miami. We have an obvious connection to Giannis in Malcolm, and Oladipo will still be here as well. Maybe also hire Billups as HC to help smooth his fundamentals a bit...

Jeremy Lamb being out really hurts our bench for next season, but with Matthews coming back in the proposed deal we could fill out our roster with bits and pieces in the short-term, such as a Patrick Patterson-type. The likes of T.J. McConnell, Doug McDermott, and Edmond Sumner are also here for next year.

Giannis is not a big-city personality and he should re-sign. And if he doesn't? Well, when you've been swept out of back-to-back postseasons like we have, you've got to risk it to get the biscuit in this business. See: Toronto w/ Kawhi.

I fully understand that the content in this particular write-up does not consist of material that most would like to hear. That said, I don't post to please others.

Wait, so the national media doesn't want Giannis in Milwaukee so you propose a trade to ...... Indiana? Another small market. Sure, that make sense:L:crazy::scratch::nono::pound:

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A stupid thread and this won't happen but keep on dreaming.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol @blaming Lebron.

lol @Giannis going to Indiana.

lol @Milwaukee giving up Giannis for what you suggest.

Fyi, if that website featured the nonsense you just posted here...it doesn't say much about that site.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol @blaming Lebron.

Fyi, if that website featured the nonsense you just posted here...it doesn't say much about that site.

That offer is pure dogshit. Honestly, Indiana could offer their entire team and MIL would say no. MIL isn’t trading him and they sure as shit arent doing it for role players

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I love how you post something so dumb and then strut around like you just hit a grand slam. What shitty site is that?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol @blaming Lebron.

I found the site he's talking about. It's builtnotbought.:blah::blah::blah:

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately, I think its time for the bucks to try and find another star. I believe that during the regular season its about team chemistry and coaching but at the end of the day come playoff time its the teams usually with the star players that advance and win the championship. There are a ton of rumors in CP3 idk how difficult it will be to make that happen but they need to do something Giannis cant do this alone.

CP3 or Lowry is the best on avialable. But the raptors would need salary relief for a Lowry deal. So probably not the best fit

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CP3 or Lowry is the best on avialable. But the raptors would need salary relief for a Lowry deal. So probably not the best fit

Lowry is not available.

He is the heart and soul of their team. And they think they can win now. They won’t be trading him for spare parts.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lowry is not available.

He is the heart and soul of their team. And they think they can win now. They won’t be trading him for spare parts.

he’s available so they can afford to resign FVV

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he’s available so they can afford to resign FVV

If they only retain 1, they drop off massively.

Van vleet wants to resign in Toronto as long as they make a competitive offer and I believe they will.

I also believe Toronto would be potentially be willing to be a tax payer next season.

Even if they aren’t, they have Ibaka and Gasol also hitting free agency.

Van Vleet should be their number 1 priority. Ibaka would be 2nd.

They can afford to resign him with only Siakam and Lowry making big money, and those 2 combine for only $60 million.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In other words, they don’t need to trade Lowry.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
built not bought is the name of the site?
It is here: My Plan For Giannis: A Reunion With Brogdon
but I just get an error when I try to go to just sprortsblog.com or the sportsblog.com/nba , so I can't see what cover story he is talking about. Maybe he made the cover story of his own blog?:noidea:

Edit: now it is working for the NBA page and it is posted on the cover there, so congrats!