• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Suns traded Keef's brother "without consent"

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the Suns being forever irrelivent, Lakers fans sure like to talk about them a lot. Just sayin.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the Suns being forever irrelivent, Lakers fans sure like to talk about them a lot. Just sayin.

Probably because they know that Suns fans will react every. single. time. pointing out that 4th highest winning percentage thing like it means something. Pretty entertaining.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably because they know that Suns fans will react every. single. time. pointing out that 4th highest winning percentage thing like it means something. Pretty entertaining.
Say what you want. That's an impressive stat. You could win some bar bets with that one.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess it's wrong, but when it's so easy to push some one's buttons... Well it's just to much fun to pass it up and watch the stupidity pour out of their mouths.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep - and waiting to be shot down in their prime:pound:

The Suns, if nothing else, came to the realization that they've been a bad defensive team for some time (even when they were really good), and made a priority to get the best guy available in that department in Tyson Chandler. The Lakers are just throwing names out there in order to appease a needy fan base that's probably over accustomed to winning. They just don't seem to know what direction they want to head.

I like Lou Williams as a player, but if he was a plan of theirs all along, why'd they commit so such money to another remorseless chucker in Nick Young the previous summer?

Let's face it - "Swaggy P" is more of a marketing ploy than he is a basketball player. I just don't see this team winning more than 35 games, and even that is probably being generous. If the Lakers prove me wrong, so be it. Any hopes on them reaching the Playoffs hinges on whether or not one of their young players (Russell, Randle, or Clarkson) can become All-Star caliber right away.

But as it stands, this remains the most overanalyzed franchise in sports as long as #24 is still there.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Suns, if nothing else, came to the realization that they've been a bad defensive team for some time (even when they were really good), and made a priority to get the best guy available in that department in Tyson Chandler. The Lakers are just throwing names out there in order to appease a needy fan base that's probably over accustomed to winning. They just don't seem to know what direction they want to head.

I like Lou Williams as a player, but if he was a plan of theirs all along, why'd they commit so such money to another remorseless chucker in Nick Young the previous summer?

Let's face it - "Swaggy P" is more of a marketing ploy than he is a basketball player. I just don't see this team winning more than 35 games, and even that is probably being generous. If the Lakers prove me wrong, so be it. Any hopes on them reaching the Playoffs hinges on whether or not one of their young players (Russell, Randle, or Clarkson) can become All-Star caliber right away.

But as it stands, this remains the most overanalyzed franchise in sports as long as #24 is still there.

What does any of this have to do with the Suns trading Keef without his consent? :noidea:

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does any of this have to do with the Suns trading Keef without his consent? :noidea:
Not only that.... When in the hell has the Suns ever been considered a defensive team of any kind including bad?:noidea:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not only that.... When in the hell has the Suns ever been considered a defensive team of any kind including bad?:noidea:

To be fair, they were pretty solid in the 70's with Alvan Adams, Dick Van Arsdale and Truck Robinson. :lol:

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the biggest misconceptions of the Run N Gun Suns era is that they were a bad defensive team. Their pace of play factored in to how many PPG they gave up. If you aren't a casual basketball fan then you'd know that Points allowed Per Possession is a useful statistic. They weren't a great defense by any means, but based off advanced statistics they were above average defensively.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were pretty bad in two critical positions PG & PF
Nash and Stoudemire were arguably two of the worst ever at their position

Against a team with a quick scoring PG and a scoring PF, they were helpless often.
And that cost them over and over over in the playoffs versus teams built to exploit that glaring weakness.

It could actually be sem-decent defense versus the right matchup, but horrific versus the wrong matchup.

One team in particular was perfectly built to exploit it badly almost cruelly over and over again.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the biggest misconceptions of the Run N Gun Suns era is that they were a bad defensive team. Their pace of play factored in to how many PPG they gave up. If you aren't a casual basketball fan then you'd know that Points allowed Per Possession is a useful statistic. They weren't a great defense by any means, but based off advanced statistics they were above average defensively.
Oh, they played defense once in awhile after they had a couple of shots some something and got lucky

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were pretty bad in two critical positions PG & PF
Nash and Stoudemire were arguably two of the worst ever at their position

Against a team with a quick scoring PG and a scoring PF, they were helpless often.
And that cost them over and over over in the playoffs versus teams built to exploit that glaring weakness.

It could actually be sem-decent defense versus the right matchup, but horrific versus the wrong matchup.

One team in particular was perfectly built to exploit it badly almost cruelly over and over again.

Amare wasn't a bad defender until after those knee surgeries, but I agree Nash was bad. Not worst at his position of all-time though, that's going way too far. They had some lock down defenders like Raja Bell and Shawn Marion but it just never was enough to offset the glares at PG and eventually PF once Amare lost his step.

We always had problems containing TP and Timay. Besides in 2010 when we swept you then lost to the Lakers in the WCF thanks to J-Rich not boxing out, lol. We are cursed.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm sorry, I failed to realize that only Lakers and Suns fans were the only ones allowed to chime in on their beaten-to-death message board rivalry that transformed long before this thread was created.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Laker(s) fans so much like to brag about their 16 championship to Phoenix's zero, why do they spend so much time talking about them?

It seems to me that 2006 and 2007 were bitter pills to swallow even now nearly a decade later.