• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

HurricaneDij's 2016-17 NBA Outlook (September 2016)

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*Rank your teams here.

x

Eastern Conference
:

1) Cleveland Cavaliers (56-26) - While I don't believe that LeBron James has as many years left in his prime as many others claim, there's no reason to think he won't be his usual dominant self in 2016-17 as he awaits his 32nd birthday. Loved the Birdman addition on a short, low-cost deal...

2) Boston Celtics (51-31) - Al Horford is a much better version of Jared Sullinger, though it remains to be seen if the tweener power forward is a championship-caliber big. Getting off to a good start will be key for them. Slow starts have greatly hindered their playoff positioning the last two seasons.

3) Indiana Pacers (49-33) - Team chemistry might be an issue early on with so many new players coming in (Jeff Teague, Thaddeus Young, Al Jefferson, and Aaron Brooks), but looking up and down this roster, there really isn't any defined weaknesses (maybe three-point shooting). And frankly, I have more faith in the well-traveled Nate McMillan to fit these pieces together than I do the offensively-inept Frank Vogel.

4) Toronto Raptors (49-33) - Re-signing DeMar DeRozan was a must, but Kyle Lowry's continued playoff woes tell me that they've reached their full potential in 2016 and that it only goes down from here. Now Lowry is on the wrong side of 30. So yeah, there's reason to believe that the outlook here has been dimmed in spite of their growing success in each of the last three regular seasons.

5) Atlanta Hawks (47-35) - Paul Millsap and Dwight Howard is a beast of a frontcourt, assuming Howard buys into Coach Bud's system, while the addition of Dennis Schroder into the starting lineup gives them more scoring punch on the perimeter. There's plenty of upside with the Hawks, but plenty of bust potential as well.

6) Chicago Bulls (44-38) - Top to bottom, this is still one of the most talented teams in the east. My biggest concern with them is if Fred Hoiberg is the right coach for such a veteran backcourt that can't shoot threes.

7) Detroit Pistons (43-39) - The sky is the limit for Andre Drummond as long as he works on his free throws, and the Tobias Harris addition had paid greater dividends than I had predicted. Loved the Jon Leuer addition. Consistency is the biggest issue with them, though.

8) Washington Wizards (41-41) - John Wall is still one of the top 15 players in the game today and it's difficult to picture him being out of the playoffs two seasons in a row. However, with all the money they've committed to Ian Mahinmi, I worry it signals that they aren't too thrilled with Marcin Gortat.

9) New York Knicks (39-43) - Derrick Rose? Joakim Noah? Brandon Jennings? Too many "ifs" here for me to buy into them as a surefire playoff team. You've got to think that if they don't contend this year that they're going to start a hefty rebuild around Porzingis.

10) Charlotte Hornets (39-43) - I liked them heading into the off-season, but I wanted to see them do more. I think Kemba Walker is one of the most underrated players in the game and they have plenty of length on the perimeter, though as much as I like Cody Zeller as a basketball player - I don't like him as a starting center. Also, there's still a chance that Marvin Williams could prove to be a contract year player.

11) Miami Heat (35-47) - This season may prove just what kind of value Dwyane Wade had of this franchise over the years. But they also lost Luol Deng and Joe Johnson (see photo above), two very important figures in their second half surge in 2015-16. The young guys (Winslow, Johnson, Richardson, and Whiteside) need to step up and learn their larger roles on the fly in they're going to return to the playoffs this season.

12) Milwaukee Bucks (35-47) - Rim protection. Rim protection. Rim protection. And a true point guard. They played it safe during the off-season, but is that really a good thing? They have some impressive young talent, but if they wanted to go bold they could have shopped a somewhat-overhyped Jabari Parker to fill one of those gaping holes.

13) Orlando Magic (30-52) - Perhaps they should have given into Scott Skiles' demands, because FRANK VOGEL IS NOT AN UPGRADE. Enjoy him and his nine-point quarters, Orlando. Sincerely, Pacers fan.

14) Philadelphia 76ers (23-59) - Right now, they have a bunch of pieces that don't really fit together. The reason I have them improving by 13 games this season is because I believe Ben Simmons is the best rookie in this year's class.

15) Brooklyn Nets (22-60) - Jeremy Lin should put fans in the seats again, and Brook Lopez gives them a solid trade piece in the coming years. Losing their lottery pick this past summer will greatly hurt them in 2016-17, though.

Western Conference:

1) Golden State Warriors (64-18) - Yep, they're the most talented team in the NBA, so let's search for flaws, shall we? They now lack rim protection by opting to keep Andre Iguodala over Andrew Bogut. They've also sacrificed five players of depth (Bogut, Ezeli, Speights, Barbosa, and Brandon Rush) in order to land Durant, so they won't be able to sustain an injury as well as they did last year. There's plenty of potential for failure here, but they're well-coached and still the safest best to take the league's best record.

2) San Antonio Spurs (54-28) - I'm not a fan of how they went about their off-season. Some reinforcements for their againg backcourt of Parker (34) and Ginobili (39) would have been nice. But, as long as they have Kawhi Leonard, LaMarcus Aldridge, and Gregg Popovich as coach, they should still be in good position to grab the #2 seed. Quite frankly though, I don't think Pau Gasol is the answer to get them over the hump and back into the finals.

3) Los Angeles Clippers (51-31) - It been proven the last three postseasons that the only team that's been able to beat the Clippers is themselves. With Chris Paul and Blake Griffin due for free agency in 2017, their window is now.

4) Houston Rockets (48-34) - Mike D'Antoni should open up this offense and not rely on Harden all the time. Ryan Anderson, Eric Gordon, and Nene were all quality additions for them.

5) Portland Trail Blazers (47-35) - Continued development from one of the league's best backcourts in Lillard and McCollum should propel them to a few more wins in the standings.

6) Utah Jazz (46-36) - George Hill gives them stability at the PG position and that should finally get this talented group over the hump and into the postseason. Most importantly, Hill offers them a point guard that can knock down an open shot.

7) Oklahoma City Thunder (43-39) - With Durant gone, expect Russell Westbrook to lead the league in both scoring and assists a la Tiny Archibald. This is still one of the best run organizations in basketball, but they might have made one move too many during their brief retooling period while Durant was injured (Dion Waiters comes to mind here), and it may have ultimately cost them Durant. In all seriousness, I thought Waiters had matured greatly last postseason but the truth of the matter is that he's just not very good.

8) Memphis Grizzlies (42-40) - Was it wise to commit a combined $247 million to Conley and Parsons (and zero combined All-Star appearances) to an already aging roster that's probably seen better days? David Fizdale was a shrewd coaching hire, but they're going to have to prove me wrong. To me, they're just extremely ordinary.

9) New Orleans Pelicans (39-43) - Their defense should be better with the additions of E'Twaun Moore and Solomon Hill, but are these guys ideal fits in an Alvin Gentry system? Is Gentry the right coach for this team? The health of Anthony Davis is also key, but for a superstar level player to average under two assists per game is unacceptable regardless of position.

10) Minnesota Timberwolves (37-45) - Thibs should get them to play defense and KAT is a beast. They should be better this year, but Thibs is not a miracle worker, as his Bulls teams had consistently lacked offensive continuity. How this vast collection of young talent coexists on that end of the floor might be the most crucial to their growth. They're still another year away from making the playoffs in this difficult conference. Temper your expectations.

11) Dallas Mavericks (36-46) - The instability of this frontcourt scares me. I'm an Andrew Bogut fan, but the Mavs have no backup plan for the inevitable Bogut injury. One of these years, Dallas is going to fade from the playoff race as Dirk continues to age. This could be that year.

12) Sacramento Kings (34-48) - Dave Joerger is the latest coach to take his shot at finding the cure for this franchise's ails. At this point, they just seem to be throwing random talent out there in search of chemistry. One has got to wonder how many chances they're going to give it with Cousins as their franchise player.

13) Denver Nuggets (33-49) - They're simply doing what they're supposed to do in the difficult western conference by stockpiling young talent and draft picks while waiting for some of their veteran contracts to expire. They swung and missed at Dwyane Wade - the one free agent of significance that they took a shot at landing. This will be a popular free agent destination one day, but the front office is holding out for when the time is right.

14) Phoenix Suns (27-55) - I worry about team chemistry here. This is a roster with three starting-caliber guards and not a whole lot of balance. Obviously I'm a Brandon Knight fan, but I don't think this is a good situation for him to succeed. I'm surprised they hadn't made a serious effort to trade Bledsoe, who has had one healthy season out of three with them.

15) Los Angeles Lakers (25-57) - Luke Walton is not going to win Coach of the Year. They're counting on Brandon Ingram to be the next Kevin Durant, but Kevin Durant went 20-62 as a rookie in Seattle and 23-59 in his first year in Oklahoma City with Westbrook. Better luck down the road.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First Round:
  • 1) Cleveland over 8) Washington in five
  • 5) Atlanta over 4) Toronto is six
  • 7) Detroit over 2) Boston in six
  • 3) Indiana over 6) Chicago in six
  • 1) Golden State over 8) Memphis in six
  • 5) Portland over 4) Houston in six
  • 2) San Antonio over 7) Oklahoma City in five
  • 3) L.A. Clippers over 6) Utah in seven

Second Round:
  • 1) Cleveland over 5) Atlanta in seven
  • 3) Indiana over 7) Detroit in seven
  • 1) Golden State over 5) Portland in six
  • 3) L.A. Clippers over 2) San Antonio in six

Conference Finals:
  • 1) Cleveland over 3) Indiana in five
  • 1) Golden State over 3) L.A. Clippers in six

MVP: Russell Westbrook, Oklahoma City

Sixth Man of the Year: Eric Gordon, Houston

Most Improved Player: Emmanuel Mudiay, Denver (@tlance ):finger:

LWP (League's Worst Player): Nick Young, L.A. Lakers

Coach of the Year: Nate McMillan, Indiana

Other Breakout Candidates:
  • Clint Capela, Houston
  • Myles Turner, Indiana
  • Stanley Johnson, Detroit
  • Solomon Hill, New Orleans
  • Andrew Nicholson, Washington
  • Bobby Portis, Chicago
  • Tyler Ennis, Milwaukee (deep sleeper)

Over the Hill:
  • Chris Bosh, Miami
  • Manu Ginobili, San Antonio
  • Joakim Noah, New York
  • Dirk Nowitzki, Dallas
  • David West, Golden State
  • Matt Barnes, Sacramento

NBA Finals: Cleveland over Golden State in six

Finals MVP: LeBron James.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heads will roll here in NYC if the Knicks miss the playoffs

Reactions: DJ

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got:

Eastern Conference:
1) Cavs
2) Pacers
3) Raptors
4) Celtics
5) Pistons
6) Hawks
7) Bulls
8) Knicks

Don't think Washington makes it because they were really complacent this off-season. A lot of it will rest on Beal and Wall, but I'm not sure how it works. Pacers have a lot of talent. I think the Raptors over-achieved a bit last year and also lost Biyombo. I have Pistons slightly ahead of the Hawks because of continuity and improvement from their young core. Bulls and Knicks round out just enough talent to put them in the playoff mix. Realistically though the 7-8 seeds could easily be taken by the Wizards, Bucks or Hornets if they have good seasons.

West:

1) Warriors
2) Spurs
3) Clippers
4) Grizzlies
5) Houston
6) Utah
7) OKC
8) Portland

Not even sure the Warriors will lock up home court advantage, but I'm leaving them there anyways. Spurs are going to go through a transitional period without Duncan and adding Gasol, who doesn't defend well anymore. Clippers are a strong #3 team here capable of upsetting anyone. Grizz will be tough again with a revamped offense and hopefully still being stout defensively. After that it's kind of a crap shoot at who finishes where, but I do have the the same 4 teams making the playoffs. Really think Houston is going to be a fantastic team to watch this year though.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) Cleveland Cavaliers (56-26) - While I don't believe that LeBron James has as many years left in his prime as many others claim, there's no reason to think he won't be his usual dominant self in 2016-17 as he awaits his 32nd birthday.

Both Dunleavy and Birdman have the potential to be decent acquisitions. Very few saw RJ having the substantial impact that he had last year- the Cavs did well

2) Boston Celtics (51-31) - Al Horford is a much better version of Jared Sullinger, though it remains to be seen if the tweener power forward is a championship-caliber big. G

Boston's coach and depth is pretty impressive. Seem like they will be a better regular season team than playoff team- so #2 seed seems do-able. They need a trade bad to alleviate the log jam in the back court.

3) Indiana Pacers (49-33) - Team chemistry might be an issue early on with so many new players coming in

Kinda the opposite of Boston- id expect a roller coaster regular season adjusting to a team that has a lot of turnover- but with PG as your #1 and a talented core I could see a ECF appearance. Al Jefferson can test the Cavs outside, while Teague can test the perimeter.

4) Toronto Raptors (49-33) - Re-signing DeMar DeRozan was a must, but Kyle Lowry's continued playoff woes tell me that they've reached their full potential in 2016 and that it only goes down from here.

No major upgrades- and they lost Biyombo. still lacking a legit PF. DeRozan and Lowry and valuncinas is a good top 3- but i dont like the roster a whole lot after that.

5) Atlanta Hawks (47-35) - Paul Millsap and Dwight Howard is a beast of a frontcourt, assuming Howard buys into Coach Bud's system, while the addition of Dennis Schroder into the starting lineup gives them more scoring punch on the perimeter. There's plenty of upside with the Hawks, but plenty of bust potential as well.

I think Dwight will have soomething to prove and a little less prssure in Atlanta. If they go Bust they could get a lot for Milsap.

6) Chicago Bulls (44-38) - Top to bottom, this is still one of the most talented teams in the east. My biggest concern with them is if Fred Hoiberg is the right coach for such a veteran backcourt that can't shoot threes.

Defnitely agree that outside shooting is gonna be rough on this team- a rondo wade back court is BAAAAAD at shooting.

7) Detroit Pistons (43-39) - The sky is the limit for Andre Drummond as long as he works on his free throws, and the Tobias Harris addition had paid greater dividends than I had predicted. Loved the Jon Leuer addition. Consistency is the biggest issue with them, though.

Consitency and youth are gonna hold these guys back for at least another year...

8) Washington Wizards (41-41) - John Wall is still one of the top 15 players in the game today and it's difficult to picture him being out of the playoffs two seasons in a row.

9) New York Knicks (39-43) - Derrick Rose? Joakim Noah? Brandon Jennings? Too many "ifs" here for me to buy into them as a surefire playoff team.

Whiteside would be perfect for this team of overated stats guys.

10) Charlotte Hornets (39-43) - I liked them heading into the off-season, but I wanted to see them do more.

I want to watch this team operate on all clyinders with MKG, Walker, Batum all together on the court.

11) Miami Heat (35-47) - This season may prove just what kind of value Dwyane Wade had of this franchise over the years.

Winslow could take a step up and become a lock down defender- but with wade and deng and johnson leaving hesg onna get a lot more defensive attention and he was awful offensively last year when he was basically being ignored.

12) Milwaukee Bucks (35-47) - Rim protection. Rim protection. Rim protection. And a true point guard. They played it safe during the off-season, but is that really a good thing? They have some impressive young talent, but if they wanted to go bold they could have shopped a somewhat-overhyped Jabari Parker to fill one of those gaping holes.

this team is crazy- just so much length and defense and athleticism but no balance.

13) Orlando Magic (30-52) - Perhaps they should have given into Scott Skiles' demands, because FRANK V

14) Philadelphia 76ers (23-59) - Right now, they have a bunch of pieces that don't really fit together. The reason I have them improving by 1

15) Brooklyn Nets (22-60) - Jeremy Lin should put fans in the seats again, and Brook Lopez gives them a solid trade piece in the coming years.

Western Conference:

1) Golden State Warriors (64-18) - Yep, they're the most talented team in the NBA, so let's search for flaws, shall we? They now lack rim protection by opting to keep Andre Iguodala over Andrew Bogut.

like the Cavs last year- they cant prove anything until June- itll be a long joyless slog to the post season with incredible expectations.

2) San Antonio Spurs (54-28) - I'm not a fan of how they went about their off-season. Some reinforcements for their againg backcourt of Parker (34) and Ginobili (39) would have been nice.

that front court and Pop gives them a shot thats for sure.

3) Los Angeles Clippers (51-31) - It been proven the last three postseasons that the only team that's been able to beat the Clippers is themselves. With Chris Paul and Blake Griffin due for free agency in 2017, their window is now.

Love the talent on this team but they just can never seem to put it together and get lucky at the right time- could beat ANYONE if they are healthy and get a couple bounces.

4) Houston Rockets (48-34) - Mike D'Antoni should open up this offense and not rely on Harden all the time. Ryan Anderson, Eric Gordon, and Nene were all quality additions for them.

Does Harden want to play defense this year? Anderson is a great addition- and i like your Capela pick as a sleeper----- he looksl ike he could be really good.

5) Portland Trail Blazers (47-35) - Continued development from one of the league's best backcourts in Lillard and McCollum should propel them to a few more wins in the standings.

My biggest differences with you--- id switch Portland and Memphis--- the Portland front court sucks and the back court plays negative defense.

6) Utah Jazz (46-36) - George Hill gives them stability at the PG position and that should finally get this talented group over the hump and into the postseason. Most importantly, Hill offers them a point guard that can knock down an open shot.

underated signing in Joe Johnson- just what they needed- a vet that can shoot a 3 and score a little.

7) Oklahoma City Thunder (43-39) - With Durant gone, expect Russell Westbrook to lead the league in both scoring and assists a la Tiny Archibald.

8) Memphis Grizzlies (42-40) - Was it wise to commit a combined $247 million to Conley and Parsons

A monster front court and finally adding a decent SF that can shoot should help. I think they will compete for home courti n the West. Getting old admittedly- but at least for this yeara core of Gasol, Randolph, Parsons, Conley, seems like it could make some noise

9) New Orleans Pelicans (39-43) - Their defense should be better with the additions of E'Twaun Moore and Solomon Hill, but are these guys ideal fits in an Alvin Gentry system?

This team needs an overhaul in its front office and coaching staff- luckily DAvis is signed long term- get in the right team now- and not 1-2 years before he is a FA again.

10) Minnesota Timberwolves (37-45) - Thibs should get them to play defense and KAT is a beast. They should be better this year, but Thibs is not a miracle worker, as his Bulls teams had consistently lacked offensive continuity.

11) Dallas Mavericks (36-46) - The instability of this frontcourt scares me. I'm an Andrew Bogut fan, but the Mavs have no backup plan for the inevitable Bogut injury.

I just believe in carlisle and dirk------ and while bogut and barnes are not A list guys- seem to be better than anyone Cuban ahs brought in in a while

12) Sacramento Kings (34-48) - Dave Joerger is the latest coach to take his shot at finding the cure for this franchise's ails.r.

13) Denver Nuggets (33-49) - They're simply doing what they're supposed to do in the difficult western conference by stockpiling young talent and draft picks while waiting for some of their veteran contracts to expire.

patience is key- if murray and mudiay work out- they are in good shape- if they dont- back to the drawing board- i kinda think they will though

14) Phoenix Suns (27-55) - I worry about team chemistry here. This is a roster with three starting-caliber guards and not a whole lot of balance.

Booker is a star in the making.

15) Los Angeles Lakers (25-57) - Luke Walton is not going to win Coach of the Year.

would be huge for them if they somehow screwed philly out of that #1 pick....should be fun to watch the young guys play- but this team is multiple years from a playoff birth- not a fan of giving 4 year deals and 1/3 of your cap to Luol Deng and Timo Mozgov.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
14) Phoenix Suns (27-55) - I worry about team chemistry here. This is a roster with three starting-caliber guards and not a whole lot of balance.

Booker is a star in the making.

I think Booker is going to be an All-Star for years to come. I just don't see it happening for another couple of years, though. At 19, he's still very young. I just don't see him getting 30 minutes a night in this backcourt. Unless, of course, he can play some SF which I think would stunt his development.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@HurricaneDij39 who have you got as Rookie of the Year?

Who do you got? Ingram? I'm shocked...

I find the rookie of the year to be one of the more irrelevant awards when it comes to the big picture, as it often goes to the guy that pads stats on a lousy team (think MCW). It can often be unpredictable as well given what unique talents of the given prospect is able to translate to the pro level...

But for good measure - I'll go with Simmons. He's clearly the most talented in this year's crop and by all means should be the biggest priority on the Sixers' roster. The Lakers, on the other hand, have a ridiculous commitment to Luol Deng and he'll greatly eat into Ingram's minutes.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
9) New Orleans Pelicans (39-43) - Their defense should be better with the additions of E'Twaun Moore and Solomon Hill, but are these guys ideal fits in an Alvin Gentry system?

This team needs an overhaul in its front office and coaching staff- luckily DAvis is signed long term- get in the right team now- and not 1-2 years before he is a FA again.

The problem here is that Jrue Holiday and Tyreke Evans are playing for new contracts this season, and both have uncertain outlooks for 2016-17...Once these guys' contracts are up, the Pelicans can either re-up these guys or go berserk with offer on guys outside the organization. In the meantime, their defense should be better with Anderson going out and Hill/Moore coming in...Combine that of course, with a healthy Anthony Davis and they should play some respectable ball this year even if they don't make the playoffs in this difficult conference.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I find the rookie of the year to be one of the more irrelevant awards when it comes to the big picture, as it often goes to the guy that pads stats on a lousy team (think MCW). It can often be unpredictable as well given what unique talents of the given prospect is able to translate to the pro level...

But for good measure - I'll go with Simmons. He's clearly the most talented in this year's crop and by all means should be the biggest priority on the Sixers' roster. The Lakers, on the other hand, have a ridiculous commitment to Luol Deng and he'll greatly eat into Ingram's minutes.

brilliant...

throw an 18 year old kid onto the NBA hardwood and let him get baptized in fire. absolute genius...

of COURSE you go with Simmons. he's not wearing purple and gold...:L

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree.

Simmons from the start of the process seemed a cut above during the draft process until some of the character stuff came up. As far as pure talent and athleticism go Simmons is a legit #1 pick - prob not quite on the level of an Anthony Davis- but certainly better than some #1 overall picks.

Simmons is supposedly going to be playing a lot with the ball in his hands as a point forward type player. I think he is the most likely ROY recipient.

I agree with your ingram assessment- especially early on- his PT isnt gonna be very extensive with Deng and guys like Lou Williams ---- plus with the ball in his hands Russell is going to get plenty of looks. does not seem to be enough looks to go around for Ingram to be in contention .

As far as sleepers- if Rubio gets traded I think Dunn could have a real shot at the ROY.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO Simmons isn't even that good a shooter, ya friggin Lakers haters. too funny...
opportunity is a huge part of it and i will bet you that Ingram see's considerably less PT and shot attempts than Simmons does over the course of the year.

Philly is practically void of vets and they are putting the ball in Simmons hands as a point forward.

in LAL, Russell will have the ball in his hands- and there are vets like Deng and Williams and Clarkson (and even Young if he is still there- hes listed on the depth chart right now) who will scoop of plenty of the shots from the #2, and #3 spot.

plus- Ingram looks like a stiff breeze could knock him over at this point- dude needs to get in the gym...Personally- i would have not touched Deng in free agency and just let Ingram play 30+ minutes a night and given him all the shots- but apparently thats not what Walton wanted.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
opportunity is a huge part of it and i will bet you that Ingram see's considerably less PT and shot attempts than Simmons does over the course of the year.

Philly is practically void of vets and they are putting the ball in Simmons hands as a point forward.

in LAL, Russell will have the ball in his hands- and there are vets like Deng and Williams and Clarkson (and even Young if he is still there- hes listed on the depth chart right now) who will scoop of plenty of the shots from the #2, and #3 spot.

plus- Ingram looks like a stiff breeze could knock him over at this point- dude needs to get in the gym...Personally- i would have not touched Deng in free agency and just let Ingram play 30+ minutes a night and given him all the shots- but apparently thats not what Walton wanted.

you're not saying anything that everyone doesn't know already. I get that Simmons will probably get more PT, but will it help him SHOOT better...?

plus I think Ingram will get enough minutes on the floor to figure out the game quickly enough. oh and don't worry. he's blatantly aware he needs to pack on more muscle...

he'll be fine in the long run...

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you're not saying anything that everyone doesn't know already. I get that Simmons will probably get more PT, but will it help him SHOOT better...?

plus I think Ingram will get enough minutes on the floor to figure out the game quickly enough. oh and don't worry. he's blatantly aware he needs to pack on more muscle...

if you already know it then why would you be surprised that Simmons would be an overwhelming favorite for the award?

Simmons is on a team where he is gonna have the ball a ton and get a ton of shots and he is immensely talented. Thats usually a dead-ringer for a rookie of the year award.

I love Ingam's talent but the fact that he wont have the ball in his hands and has to split shots with Deng, Lou Williams and Clarkson at the 2-3 spot (and maybe even Young) leads me to believe it will be very tough for him to get the opportunity to be a serious contender for th award. Its just simply a numbers game.

if you would like to put a wager on who finishes higher- Simmons or Ingram- I would GLADLY accommodate that bet.....what do you say? 1 month avatar bet?

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Where did I say that? I ask you a simple question and you get your panties in a bunch again.

You need to get laid sweetheart; once you finally pop your cherry you might not be such a douche all the time.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ingram suits the Lakers better than Simmons would.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So he has to be a shooter to win the ROY award lol. He could average 14, 6, 6 and he could win it. It will be his all-around game that is what makes him special. He cant shoot worth shit but that isn't his game, he will eventually have to develop some kind of shot and if he does he will be very dangerous. That being said, I still think Ingram has a very good shot at winning the ROY.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So he has to be a shooter to win the ROY award lol. He could average 14, 6, 6 and he could win it. It will be his all-around game that is what makes him special. He cant shoot worth shit but that isn't his game, he will eventually have to develop some kind of shot and if he does he will be very dangerous. That being said, I still think Ingram has a very good shot at winning the ROY.

did i SAY that? Lol and you wonder why i think you're a friggin' clown sometimes. But i'd imagine SHOOTING would be an essential ingredient as far as who took it...

oh and btw Ingram's "all around game" is definitely comparable. gotta love Lakers haters. change the colors on both these kids and you fools would be singing Ingram's praises...:lol: