• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Suns traded Keef's brother "without consent"

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is another example of why the Lakers have 16 titles to the Suns zero. :ohwell:
Player management loyalty.:lame:

In all seriousness, the trade had just as much to do with opening up more minutes for T.J. Warren as it did freeing up cap space for LaMarcus Aldridge. I actually liked the Suns chances of returning to the Playoffs if it weren't for Markieff's pouting. Could always move him to Toronto for Patrick Patterson and a bogus draft pick....

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone complains about being there, it seems, and even the coach didn't shoot down questions about his interest in the Iowa State coaching vacancy (though I don't think he'd take it over the NBA). It was his alma mater, so maybe he didn't want to be rude or turn them off.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is another example of why the Lakers have 16 titles to the Suns zero. :ohwell:
Player management loyalty.:lame:

In all seriousness, the trade had just as much to do with opening up more minutes for T.J. Warren as it did freeing up cap space for LaMarcus Aldridge. I actually liked the Suns chances of returning to the Playoffs if it weren't for Markieff's pouting. Could always move him to Toronto for Patrick Patterson and a bogus draft pick....

This thread already exist but yeah we agree he's a bitch.

BTW get that fantasy league up and running

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since when do you need consent from one of your players who isn't even a top guy in your franchise? I understand it's his brother but just roll with it. You're likely not going to be able to be together your entire career.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since when do you need consent from one of your players who isn't even a top guy in your franchise? I understand it's his brother but just roll with it. You're likely not going to be able to be together your entire career.

Seriously. He was the 3rd guy off the bench on a sub .500 team last year. Who the fuck does he think he is?

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he didn't get a no trade clause, then he's screwed, but I can understand why he was upset. He clearly signed for less money in good faith to play with his brother and they represented the contract as that. Obviously the Suns were not any better than before so they do what most teams do and they started trading. This is the reason the Suns are still in the cellar though because until they learn keep some players a little longer they will continue to screw themselves

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he didn't get a no trade clause, then he's screwed, but I can understand why he was upset. He clearly signed for less money in good faith to play with his brother and they represented the contract as that. Obviously the Suns were not any better than before so they do what most teams do and they started trading. This is the reason the Suns are still in the cellar though because until they learn keep some players a little longer they will continue to screw themselves

Okay man, just trying to be nice to clear a few things up for you.

1) Markieff took less by more or less at 2 mil per year than what he could've gotten at market value. Marcus got probably 2 mil more than he would've at market value. The Suns did not want to sign Marcus but only did so to keep Keef happy. Overall their contracts even out since they share the same damn bank account.

2) The Suns are "still" in the cellar? No, sir. Your Lakers took that spot this year. We've never been in the cellar. Only had one bad year since 2011-2012 (post-Nash era) and since then have been a rebuilding borderline playoff team with young talent. Huge difference between that and the cellar.

You should know after all being a Lakers fan these last couple years how hard it is to rebuild when your franchise players either A) get injured B) age C) leave. And we don't attract FA's like you are supposed to with your market so you have less excuses than we do.

THIRD of all and this is the final thing I'll say about this mediocre player (Marcus):

He is being investigated in an assault charge, led the NBA in technicals per minute played, has had other legal issues before showing up, yelled at the coach MID GAME, called out fans, etc. He did this to himself, the twins did this to themselves. If they kept their heads on straight they would probably still be playing together.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay man, just trying to be nice to clear a few things up for you.

1) Markieff took less by more or less at 2 mil per year than what he could've gotten at market value. Marcus got probably 2 mil more than he would've at market value. The Suns did not want to sign Marcus but only did so to keep Keef happy. Overall their contracts even out since they share the same damn bank account.

2) The Suns are "still" in the cellar? No, sir. Your Lakers took that spot this year. We've never been in the cellar. Only had one bad year since 2011-2012 (post-Nash era) and since then have been a rebuilding borderline playoff team with young talent. Huge difference between that and the cellar.

You should know after all being a Lakers fan these last couple years how hard it is to rebuild when your franchise players either A) get injured B) age C) leave. And we don't attract FA's like you are supposed to with your market so you have less excuses than we do.

THIRD of all and this is the final thing I'll say about this mediocre player (Marcus):

He is being investigated in an assault charge, led the NBA in technicals per minute played, has had other legal issues before showing up, yelled at the coach MID GAME, called out fans, etc. He did this to himself, the twins did this to themselves. If they kept their heads on straight they would probably still be playing together.
For the record - I was not criticizing the Phoenix Suns for their actions. When your team does not win a championship - some one is going to get traded every time. That's what sports teams do. If the two brothers wanted to stay together - then as I said before - they should have gotten a no trade clause like Kobe Bryant did. This isn't about the Lakers - Yes the Lakers are in the cellar, but I will bet you they will be contenders long before your Suns for the reason mentioned by Hurricane. I have no problem with the guy getting traded - The Lakers did the same thing to Gary Payton a decade ago - That's business

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Suns have been a "rebuilding borderline playoff team" for pretty much their entire existence. It's not really something to brag about.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You're very first sentence is really all that needs to be said re: the Morris twins and the Suns hurting their feelings. Unless it was in writing. Or he has some kind of proof that the Suns led him to believe that they would not trade him or his brother, he needs to stfu.

I'm sure that it sucks for the players to be treated like chattel and have to uproot themselves and their families from familiar surroundings and move someplace new. However, that's part of why they are so well compensated for playing a game. They have millions of dollar bills to dry their tears with.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So now you're changing it from borderline playoff team to championships? No difference there at all, sure.

Didn't change a thing. The Suns have been a no championship, borderline playoff time for their entire existence.

But hey, I hear they got a real nice trophy for that 4th highest winning percentage:

yKBC95%2bROiJbZXWQ&w=300&h=300&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0.jpg

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're very first sentence is really all that needs to be said re: the Morris twins and the Suns hurting their feelings. Unless it was in writing. Or he has some kind of proof that the Suns led him to believe that they would not trade him or his brother, he needs to stfu.

I'm sure that it sucks for the players to be treated like chattel and have to uproot themselves and their families from familiar surroundings and move someplace new. However, that's part of why they are so well compensated for playing a game. They have millions of dollar bills to dry their tears with.

I never said I felt sorry for him now and why should I. For that matter as bad as they suck I don't feel sorry for the Phoenix Suns fans or the Celtics. I want those teams to suck

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Actually - I am just laughing my ass off at the Suns blunders

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So now you're changing it from borderline playoff team to championships? No difference there at all, sure.
Once a frontrunner, always a frontrunner. While the Suns aren't among the most well-run franchises in sports or even in the NBA, they have their ducks in a row more than the Lakers do right now.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once a frontrunner, always a frontrunner. While the Suns aren't among the most well-run franchises in sports or even in the NBA, they have their ducks in a row more than the Lakers do right now.
Yep - and waiting to be shot down in their prime:pound: