• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The path to a CFP 8 is birthing

SignalBama

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You facepalmed me, dipshit. I was trying to actually have a sports conversation with you. Apparently you are the one obsessed with me. Following me around sending emojis because you don’t want to actually have discussions because you were destroyed the last time.
View attachment 193003
:pound:

Carry on with your delusions scorned child.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes.. by the way 3 teams have won a title without winning their conference in the history of the AP Poll. That was Minnesota is the first years of the Poll and Bama twice this decade. I can see why you want the sanctity of the regular season preserved

Comparing BCS and playoff championships and acting like it's the same as having to win the polls back in the day is bullshit.

If the formats were the same, Alabama wouldn't even be considered in those years.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes.. by the way 3 teams have won a title without winning their conference in the history of the AP Poll. That was Minnesota is the first years of the Poll and Bama twice this decade. I can see why you want the sanctity of the regular season preserved

It’s a fact, no need to throw juvenile emojis on a fact

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't say they were one of the four best teams in the country. I personally think they are, but they haven't demonstrated that this year. I would not put them in a 4 team playoff, and think the committee did a good job getting the 4 most deserving teams. I'm talking about an 8 team playoff, and outside of the P5 champions, Notre Dame, UCF, who else has an argument to be in the playoffs? UGA, with 2 losses to the #1 team (where they outplayed them) and the #10 team? Wazzu? Florida? Or Michigan, who also lost to the 2 best teams they played, but looked worse in said losses. Yeah, it's gonna be UGA.

I was just using UGA as an examplw

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Comparing BCS and playoff championships and acting like it's the same as having to win the polls back in the day is bullshit.

If the formats were the same, Alabama wouldn't even be considered in those years.

It happened in the playoffs also. Let’s not pretend that Bama has gotten into the playoffs without winning their conference. It was a fact about the AP poll, no need for you to contrive a reason to make it palatable

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska,Oklahoma,and Ohio State all got the same shot Alabama got....only difference is Alabama proved they belonged both times while the other 3 were proved as frauds. But Bama is the only one that gets hate.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:pound:

Carry on with your delusions scorned child.
giphy.gif

DeafOranguntan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,105.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Man, I really wish I could live in your fantasy world for just a day. Stupidity really is bliss. UCF played Auburn on a neutral field and beat them handily. Auburn got outplayed by UCF. UCF was perfectly balanced, and ran for 169 yards and threw for 242 more. They also forced three turnovers. I know you're butt-hurt, since UCF did what Bama couldn't last year (Auburn beat you like a red-headed stepchild up and down that field). But we saw it on the field. UCF was better than Auburn. Deal with it.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It happened in the playoffs also. Let’s not pretend that Bama has gotten into the playoffs without winning their conference. It was a fact about the AP poll, no need for you to contrive a reason to make it palatable

Yeah because Alabama played extra games. The first time against #1 while being #2 and the other times in the playoffs after beating #1 and #2.

Those games didn't exist back then, Alabama wouldn't have played LSU in 2011, LSU would have gone to the Sugar Bowl and Alabama would have went to some other bowl. And the end of the year rankings Alabama is not #1.

It's just not comparable at all.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska,Oklahoma,and Ohio State all got the same shot Alabama got....only difference is Alabama proved they belonged both times while the other 3 were proved as frauds. But Bama is the only one that gets hate.
Ummm no. I have seen plenty of hate for Nebraska and Ohio State’s making the playoffs.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, I really wish I could live in your fantasy world for just a day. Stupidity really is bliss. UCF played Auburn on a neutral field and beat them handily. Auburn got outplayed by UCF. UCF was perfectly balanced, and ran for 169 yards and threw for 242 more. They also forced three turnovers. I know you're butt-hurt, since UCF did what Bama couldn't last year (Auburn beat you like a red-headed stepchild up and down that field). But we saw it on the field. UCF was better than Auburn. Deal with it.
Is Purdue a better team than Ohio State? Was Syracuse a better team than Clemson last year? Was Pitt a better team than Clemson in 2016?

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ummm no. I have seen plenty of hate for Nebraska and Ohio State’s making the playoffs.
Ive never seen 01 Nebraska or 03 Oklahoma brought up. 16 Ohio State gets some hate but nowhere near the hate 11 Bama and 17 Bama get.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes, it is tough to be persecuted. We all feel your pain

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Auburn didn't give a fuck about that game and it was clear on the field. The best team doesn't always win, feel free to join me in pointing and laughing at Auburn, but come on.

And if Auburn beat us like that, then why the fuck do you call what Alabama did to Clemson last year?

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So 6 times since 1936 and Bama has 2 in under 10 years, clearly I was wrong. This has been trend over the last 80+ years and not a recent thing

DeafOranguntan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,105.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Purdue a better team than Ohio State? Was Syracuse a better team than Clemson last year?

On those given days, yes, they were. I don't think you can possibly argue Ohio State was better than Purdue on October 20 given what transpired. Over the course of the season, no, because they both lost a lot more games. Syracuse losing 8 games and Purdue 6 calls their talent into question. If they finished with the same record as Clemson and Ohio State, then we'd look at the loss and say yeah, they're probably better. In this case, we had an undefeated UCF and a three loss Auburn playing. Auburn had played a tougher schedule, but UCF had blown their cupcakes out. They played on a neutral field, and UCF beat them, and outplayed them. They finished the season undefeated, and Auburn finished with 4 losses. I don't see any way you can argue Auburn was the better team.

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So 6 times since 1936 and Bama has 2 in under 10 years, clearly I was wrong. This has been trend over the last 80+ years and not a recent thing
Oklahoma,Nebraska and Ohio State have gotten a shot without winning their conference within the last 20 years. That equals 5 times in 20 years...but you only hate on the team that proved they werent a fraud.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Auburn didn't give a fuck about that game and it was clear on the field. The best team doesn't always win, feel free to join me in pointing and laughing at Auburn, but come on.

And if Auburn beat us like that, then why the fuck do you call what Alabama did to Clemson last year?

I have it on good authority Clemson didn’t want to be there, just like Auburn

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oklahoma,Nebraska and Ohio State have gotten a shot without winning their conference within the last 20 years. That equals 5 times in 20 years...but you only hate on the team that proved they werent a fraud.

So you are saying that there has been a recent trend in the last 20 years to disregard the season results? (I don’t think that includes Nebraska)