• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: The Game, 2023 - The Ohio State University at the University of Michigan

Boglodyte

2 things that make life worth living, guns/cigars
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say I feel bad for the scum down south but I’m not a f”n lunatic, so I’ll just say

GO BLUE

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Name for me another time in the history of the NCAA where they handed over the information and then handed down an additional suspension. The NCAA has already stated that Jim had no idea about it, that the school had no idea about. There will be no institutional control charges

this was a BIG suspension. The NCAA hasn't ruled. Maybe brush up on the facts a tad.

LoftonPack80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess the question now is.....how far does OSU fall in the rankings? I'd say they drop to 8. Say what you want about the FSU QB situation, but they're undefeated playing in a conference title game next weekend. You can't keep them over Washington either. Bama, Texas, and Oregon are all 1 loss teams but they're all playing next weekend and Ohio is sitting home.

Picklerick 2.0

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess the question now is.....how far does OSU fall in the rankings? I'd say they drop to 8. Say what you want about the FSU QB situation, but they're undefeated playing in a conference title game next weekend. You can't keep them over Washington either. Bama, Texas, and Oregon are all 1 loss teams but they're all playing next weekend and Ohio is sitting home.
Washington struggled to beat a terrible team. Ohio state should easily be ahead of them.

rjshull

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this was a BIG suspension. The NCAA hasn't ruled. Maybe brush up on the facts a tad.
Wow, maybe you should try a little bit of reading comprehension, look at the precedent, and reread what I said. Name for me one single incident where the NCAA investigated, gave that information to the conference before ruling, and then handed down additional punishment. The reason you couldn’t answer the actual question is because it has NEVER happened before, and this is not the first time it is going to happen. Maybe you should dig a little deeper than the headlines.

rjshull

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington struggled to beat a terrible team. Ohio state should easily be ahead of them.
Let’s see, Washington beat the current #6, and #16, while ohio struggled against the current #11, barely beat #19, and lost against #2. But you think your wins over lesser opponents is better than wins against Oregon and Oregon State?

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, maybe you should try a little bit of reading comprehension, look at the precedent, and reread what I said. Name for me one single incident where the NCAA investigated, gave that information to the conference before ruling, and then handed down additional punishment. The reason you couldn’t answer the actual question is because it has NEVER happened before, and this is not the first time it is going to happen. Maybe you should dig a little deeper than the headlines.

The NCAA hasn't ruled dude.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let’s see, Washington beat the current #6, and #16, while ohio struggled against the current #11, barely beat #19, and lost against #2. But you think your wins over lesser opponents is better than wins against Oregon and Oregon State?

he's not an OSU fan

rjshull

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NCAA hasn't ruled dude.
Wow, you really don’t get it do you. The NCAA isn’t going to do anything!! That’s why they gave the information to the B1G!! Why? Because they know Jim did nothing wrong! Which is also why the B1G said he did nothing wrong in page 2 of the 13 page document. But some how you dip shit ohio fans think the NCAA is going to over turn over 100 years worth of precedent in order to further punish Michigan. You ohio fans are delusional

rjshull

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he's not an OSU fan
And? Is your reading comprehension really that bad? At what point did I say he was? He is just delusional to think a 1 loss ohio is going to be higher ranked then an undefeated Washington that played better opponents.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can’t judge a team by one game, otherwise Georgia and Bama better watch out.

Washington has a solid resume and is undefeated. There is no way that a one loss Ohio State will be ranked above them in my opinion.

I think #7 or #8 is probably where they land this week.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And? Is your reading comprehension really that bad? At what point did I say he was? He is just delusional to think a 1 loss ohio is going to be higher ranked then an undefeated Washington that played better opponents.

"But you think YOUR wins over lesser opponents is better than wins against Oregon and Oregon State?"

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can’t judge a team by one game, otherwise Georgia and Bama better watch out.

Washington has a solid resume and is undefeated. There is no way that a one loss Ohio State will be ranked above them in my opinion.

I think #7 or #8 is probably where they land this week.

Agreed on UW

I think OSU will be 6

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, you really don’t get it do you. The NCAA isn’t going to do anything!! That’s why they gave the information to the B1G!! Why? Because they know Jim did nothing wrong! Which is also why the B1G said he did nothing wrong in page 2 of the 13 page document. But some how you dip shit ohio fans think the NCAA is going to over turn over 100 years worth of precedent in order to further punish Michigan. You ohio fans are delusional

You're literally high

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed on UW

I think OSU will be 6

I think it will be:

1) UGA
2) Mich
3) Wash
4) FSU
5) Oregon
6) Texas
7) OSU
8) Bama

All of them have an extra game more than Ohio, so I just don’t see the Bucks rising above 6th place at best by the time the final rankings come out.

Last edited:

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it will be:

1) UGA
2) Mich
3) Wash
4) FSU
5) Oregon
6) Texas
7) OSU
8) Bama

All of them have an extra game more than Ohio, so I just don’t see the Bucks rising above 6th place at best by the time the final rankings come out.

OSU would need texas and FSU to lose. And Georgia to beat Bama. Even if OSU was ahead of Texas Tuesday I'd suspect Texas would jump them with a win.

I don't see any route where OSU is ranked ahead of Oregon or Washington winner.

End of day OSU lost to Michigan again and they don't deserve a playoff spot but you never know how the chips fall.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OSU would need texas and FSU to lose. And Georgia to beat Bama. Even if OSU was ahead of Texas Tuesday I'd suspect Texas would jump them with a win.

I don't see any route where OSU is ranked ahead of Oregon or Washington winner.

End of day OSU lost to Michigan again and they don't deserve a playoff spot but you never know how the chips fall.

Agree with this line ^

There is no route for OSU to go anywhere over any of those teams. Even if those teams do lose, they're still losing in a conference championship game, which OSU couldn't even get to. That said, OSU didn't have that bad of a season. Hopefully they'll get an invite to a December 16th bowl game and with any luck, they can end this season w/a win.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with this line ^

There is no route for OSU to go anywhere over any of those teams. Even if those teams do lose, they're still losing in a conference championship game, which OSU couldn't even get to. That said, OSU didn't have that bad of a season. Hopefully they'll get an invite to a December 16th bowl game and with any luck, they can end this season w/a win.

Nah. They'd go over UW if they lost I feel. I'm just saying the winner is in.

December 16th? good lord man.