• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: The Game '22 - University of Michigan @ The Ohio State University -The Greatest Rivalry in College Football

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've had LSU ranked #6 in my rankings for a few weeks now. If they win out, I wouldn't feel it was unjustified if they got in over OSU. And like I said above, same goes for USC. I'd suspect USC to get pummeled in the cfp, but LSU could give whoever a good game.

TCU usually wins close games, so they could trip up in the CCG, and if they do, that is probably OSU's best chance of sneaking in. Had they only lost to Michigan by like 3 pts, that would have helped.
A close loss and OSU probably gets in.

Jordan23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I hate to admit it, since I feel USC is overrated, IF they beat Notre Dame and then beat Oregon, it would be hard to argue OSU deserved the last spot more.
TCU could lose in title game and if so they will be out below Ohio st for sure

Boglodyte

2 things that make life worth living, guns/cigars
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least put the game on to listen to in the background, and be sure to come back for the ribbing later. Be safe!
Yes, got to listen, but couldn’t post

Good game…never in a million years, would have thought that would be final score, but I’m happy.

1800 bottles (6 barrels) of Merlot is now bottled, ready for shipment.

Locke888

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Terrible game for us. Every time I turn around Michigan scoring on a 60 yard play. Still in disbelief. Congrats. Might get a rematch but the Bucks seem to get worse as the season went on…we don’t deserve it.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So nice to see Ohio state get absolutely blasted at home in front of their sickening fans. The looks on the faces of the crowd was priceless

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everything hangs on TCU now. Buckeyes are the biggest wildcat fans in the world right now.
I think Alabama might jump them as much as the NCAA wants two SEC teams in but I agree that the only shot OSU has is for a TCU or SC loss.

ElPatron1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Alabama might jump them as much as the NCAA wants two SEC teams in but I agree that the only shot OSU has is for a TCU or SC loss.

Georgia is winning the entire thing this year anyways, so it really doesn't matter what happens imo lol

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Georgia is winning the entire thing this year anyways, so it really doesn't matter what happens imo lol
I don't agree they'll win it for sure but I can guarantee USC won't win it. They haven't got a clue on defense.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't agree they'll win it for sure but I can guarantee USC won't win it. They haven't got a clue on defense.
I've had USC labeled overrated all season long. They aren't a crappy team, just haven't beaten anyone that makes me think they deserve to get into the cfp. But that #4 spot often gets filled with an overrated team that gets slaughtered by the #1 team. But the thing with USC is that just because their resume may not have them deserving into the cfp, they could actually be one of the best 4 teams? They just play in one of the most overrated conferences I've seen in a long time this season, so it's hard to tell how they'd do against an SEC or B1G team.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've had USC labeled overrated all season long. They aren't a crappy team, just haven't beaten anyone that makes me think they deserve to get into the cfp. But that #4 spot often gets filled with an overrated team that gets slaughtered by the #1 team. But the thing with USC is that just because their resume may not have them deserving into the cfp, they could actually be one of the best 4 teams? They just play in one of the most overrated conferences I've seen in a long time this season, so it's hard to tell how they'd do against an SEC or B1G team.
Not sure about that, at least not this year. They have six teams in the top 17 in the rankings; SC, Yewkla, Oregon, Oregan State, Washington and Utah. That is far superior to any other conference. Sc has a brilliant offense and the guy who will win the Heisman this year but their defense is awful

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure about that, at least not this year. They have six teams in the top 17 in the rankings; SC, Yewkla, Oregon, Oregan State, Washington and Utah. That is far superior to any other conference. Sc has a brilliant offense and the guy who will win the Heisman this year but their defense is awful
Kind of hard to be overrated if you don't have any ranked teams, lol.

The PAC having so many ranked teams, and ranked so highly, is why I think they are overrated.

You hype USC's offense, but with the low quality of defenses throughout the Pac conf, is it hard to look good on offense?

Who did any of those teams beat ooc to deserve to be ranked? The one and only team with votes in the polls that the Pac beat is the team that lost to Marshall and Stanford, and they barely got by Cali & Navy.

So the Pac is 0-1, a 46 pt blow out, vs Georgia, 2-1 vs Notre Dame, 3-1 vs marginals MSU, Wisc, BYU & Florida. That's NOT a resume deserving of SIX Top 17 ranked teams.

Oregon lost 49-3 to Georgia, Utah lost to a below average Florida team.

BYU? Yeah they won 7 games, beating Utah St and Utah Tech, Wyoming & a below average Boise St, USF & Stanford & their big win that got them ranked Top Ten even and helped get Oregon overrated, was over a Baylor team that like UW & MSU, doesn't even have a winning record, but Baylor was ranked Top Ten when BYU beat them.

Wisconsin? Michigan State? So what? Neither of these teams have a winning record, but like Baylor and BYU, were highly ranked when a Pac team beat them, getting that Pac team overrated. Minnesota beat both Wisconsin and Michigan State, too, crushing MSU far more convincingly than #9 ranked Washington did, and Minnesota didn't lose to 3-9 Ariz St., lol.

The Pac went 1-1 vs Notre Dame early in the season before NDm supposedly figured things out, because they lost to Marshall AND Stanford and got convincingly beat down by Ohio St. before supposedly righting the ship? Maybe they did and the USC win over NDm is a quality win, or maybe the ACC is also overrated and NDm's beating Clemson and UNC are a huge knock on the ACC and not a sign of NDm's strength?

So a few Pac teams beat overrated teams, getting overrated, and then other Pac teams got overrated by beating those other overrated Pac teams. I could be wrong, a couple of these PAC teams might be good, but I suspect several of them will get upset in their bowl games.

Last edited: