• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Ten Greatest Programs in College Football History

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You sound foolish ... you know it was a split National Champion in 1997

Calling all the ohio state people makes you as foolish as @MAIZEandBLUE09 in this regard, it would have been better to call the Nebraska people or @UCFhonors (he probably thinks UCF won it that year).

Then please tell me who we split the AP national title with, I'll wait.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TestyLeftHorseshoebat-size_restricted.gif

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a very insipid point of view ... please tell me you did not attend the University of Michigan, or maybe you were a subject in their special needs program.
Says the guy who says we split the AP national title in '97.

And I did, I know you didn't. You're an embarrassment. But go ahead and try and make yourself feel better about your college insecurities by trying to suggest someone who did attend isn't as smart as you are.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Calling all the ohio state people makes you as foolish as @MAIZEandBLUE09 in this regard, it would have been better to call the Nebraska people or @UCFhonors (he probably thinks UCF won it that year).

I didn't call "all" Ohio State people. Where do you come up w/ that nonsense? So you think there's only 5 total Buckeye fans on this site? You're crazy. I just think it's hilarious your meeeechegan pal mNb09 thinks that team of yours won an outright national title in '97.

Last edited:

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Says the guy who says we split the AP national title in '97.

And I did, I know you didn't. You're an embarrassment. But go ahead and try and make yourself feel better about your college insecurities by trying to suggest someone who did attend isn't as smart as you are.

No everyone was talking about National Championships that we split with Nebraska ... you keep say "AP" both teams were 12-0 and deserving of a National Championship. For you to narrow the scope cheapens it.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No everyone was talking about National Championships that we split with Nebraska ... you keep say "AP" both teams were 12-0 and deserving of a National Championship. For you to narrow the scope cheapens it.
Nebraska didn't split a title either. They share the coaches national title with no one.

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Shanemansj13 @Across The Field @Red_Alert @gobigred @ellupo @SlinkyRedfoot

Did you guys know that meeeechegan won an outright Natty in 1997?

I didn't call "all" Ohio State people. Where do you come up w/ that nonsense? So you think there's only 5 total Buckeye fans on this site? You're crazy. I just think it's hilarious your meeeechegan pal mNb09 thinks that team of yours won an outright national title in '97.

Just pointing out that you should have called Nebraska people, not your ohio state buddies to back you up ... foolish to say the least.

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska didn't split a title either. They share the coaches national title with no one.

You probably go around saying that Hillary won the popular vote and she is the president. All the while Trump lives in the White House and Hillary is killing people in prison.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just pointing out that you should have called Nebraska people, not your ohio state buddies to back you up ... foolish to say the least.

:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L

Red_Alert & gobigred are Huskers fans.

:pound:

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You probably go around saying that Hillary won the popular vote and she is the president. All the while Trump lives in the White House and Hillary is killing people in prison.
No, what I'm suggesting is that throughout CFB history there's been very few, if maybe only a handful, of completely uncontested national titles. Go look up the wiki page on national titles, see how many years are listed with just one team. Hell, even since 2010 and the playoff era there's only been 4 years where some entity hasn't awarded the title to at least two teams.

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does a mere strawberry plant supercede the mighty apple tree just because there are more berries than apples?!

Don't be fag dood! Even mentioning the great University of Florida in the same sentence as the girl's clown college and that private, Latin vo-tech in Miami is a GodDAMNED disgrace!
A Women's Clown College sounds like an interesting premise for pron. :hmm:

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nebraska was 13-0.

They beat #14 Texas A&M (54-15) in the Big 12 Championship prior to beating #3 Tennessee (42-17) in the Orange Bowl.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then please tell me who we split the AP national title with, I'll wait.

Nobody has said the AP crown was split in '97. You're the only one trying to say that because you refuse to acknowledge there were co-champs that year.

In 2003 LSU & USC were co-champs. You see any of their fans trying to claim an outright title? No.

In '91 Washington & The U were co-champs. You see any of their fans trying to claim an outright title? No.

In '90 CU & GT were co-champs. You see any of their fans trying to claim an outright title? No.

And if you have an issues with what I've just said (which I'm sure you do) just go to ncaa.com & look up who they say are national champs for the years I mentioned.

Reactions: gob

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska was 13-0.

They beat #14 Texas A&M (54-15) in the Big 12 Championship prior to beating #3 Tennessee (42-17) in the Orange Bowl.

Oh could only beat the Aggies & Vols by a combined 64 points? Kinda weak if you ask me.

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, what I'm suggesting is that throughout CFB history there's been very few, if maybe only a handful, of completely uncontested national titles. Go look up the wiki page on national titles, see how many years are listed with just one team. Hell, even since 2010 and the playoff era there's only been 4 years where some entity hasn't awarded the title to at least two teams.

So you DO acknowledge UCFs "2017 national championship" then.

In regards to 1997, that's fine. You won a football award by people that like to write and we won a football award by people that know football.

Is there anyone out there that actually thought Michigan would be Nebraska?

1997 The Great Debate - PICKS NEBRASKA

Michigan vs. Nebraska: Playing the greatest game that never was - PICKS NEBRASKA

Who would have won in 1997: Nebraska vs Michigan? : CFB - PICKS NEBRASKA

Then there is this funny stuff too.

It doesn't matter. Facts are facts, @HuskerinBig10 drop those stats on him.

Who was the best team in 1997/Nebraska or Michigan/Discuss - people on here... NEBRASKA.

get over it dude. As much as you want to say it was 'given' to Osborne for retiring... the AP likely just gave it to Michigan out of PITY. It had been 50 years since Michigan had even sniffed one. They knew this was the only way Michigan would be able to stay semi-relevant and remain considered a blue blood. The clock was ticking, so they did what they thought was in the better interest of college football... but people are wrong.

UCFhonors

Hoopla Cash
$ 494.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nebraska fans were amazing at our game that year. Back then they were still a very elite top program. Meanwhile UCF was just in our 2nd year of d1A / FBS UCFootball.

And UCF destroyed the Huskers. In the 1st half. Their fans have our team gave The Knights a standing ovation as we ran through the tunnel. Still gives me the UCFeels to this day.

You saw tshirts of that victory all around campus for the following months...

UCFun UCFact: Scott Frost was Nebraska's starting QB that year. He later was the HC at both UCF and Nebraska.

#UCFacts