• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: The game so bad we didn't even have a thread for it (Bears vs Lions reaction thread)

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what ass.coaches have to do with it,and I never said get rid of the guy...........
I am just saying the Chase Daniels job is a glorified assistant coach. He is pretty much what teams are looking for. Its the guy that can see it all, knows what he should do in the game, just does not have the talent to actually pull it off consistently. That "backup" has been more like an assistant coach than a backup quarterback.
My point was the guys who are ex starter "franchise" quarterbacks just need to accept that position. I look at Nick Foles when he is in uniform and not playing rarely being seen talking to the starter. Nick cannot accept it. If Andy can, then he can pick his destination.

At least you watch movies.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am just saying the Chase Daniels job is a glorified assistant coach. He is pretty much what teams are looking for. Its the guy that can see it all, knows what he should do in the game, just does not have the talent to actually pull it off consistently. That "backup" has been more like an assistant coach than a backup quarterback.
My point was the guys who are ex starter "franchise" quarterbacks just need to accept that position. I look at Nick Foles when he is in uniform and not playing rarely being seen talking to the starter. Nick cannot accept it. If Andy can, then he can pick his destination.

At least you watch movies.
Nick has been a backup for the majority of his career. I don't know what you're talking about with that. He's probably the single greatest backup QB of all-time.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll go ahead and play devil's advocate to all this "Fields should play" stuff.

Before I do so, I'll preface with the only reason I truly give a sh*t about this season still is Justin Fields. So if he's playing, I'm all in on watching and seeing what the kid can do. That's the most intriguing part of this team by far and large and the biggest reason to tune in still. (I'm in on every game regardless as a diehard...but in the end the most important thing of this is entertainment...and he's the biggest entertainment factor we got right now).

All that said now...Let's be real with ourselves here boys. We all knew this season was done weeks ago. But this team's 2022 is done too in regards to any result ending with a trophy. We ain't gonna be anywhere near that level next season. Soooo...The f*ck if I believe that 6 games here at the end of this season is going to be some major sticking point for his advancement. If we are able to get him a full season of reps in 2022 and then retool over the next two offseasons to make a run at things in 2023, he'll figure it out over 16 in 2022.

There's some humor in the fact that genius is playing "uh duh Fields must play reps reps reps" card. As if these next 6 games under Coach Cantscoreforshit are in his universe some kind of great stepping stone that we win a few more games next season. If it is....Dude's literally making an argument for a sh*ttier draft pick by turning a 5-6 win team next season (with all the sh*t that's going to go down with attrition and player ages on our roser) into a potential 8-9 win team. That's high f*cking irony. And soup to f*cking nuts...A full 16 game season under whatever new coach we have will be more than f*cking suffice to get the kid prepped for a hopefully not sh*tty 2023 and beyond. 6 games here in football nightmareland ain't gonna change it that dramatically. The only thing it will give us is the enjoyment that there's something to actually watch the games for with Fields on the...well..field.

But alas, your Jiddiest is here to save the day on that last point. I said before that Dalton has been a pretty quality dude considering all the sh*t that went down. Think I'm f*cking caring if they throw dude a bone with a few starts? Nah. I'm actually somewhat intrigued to see the Bears play with him. Why? Because I'm damn f*cking tired of anyone who apologizes for Nagy and his x-teen point offense. We couldn't hit 20 vs. the hapless Lions. You think I'm concerned our 2021 W/L is gonna change that much with Dalton vs. Fields?!? WE...CAN'T...SCORE. It's Andy Dalton...He ain't changing the results that much. BUT...what he will provide is the final nail of confirmation that f*ckface needs to go. And our management is f*cking the dipsh*ttiest of dipsh*ts soooo...We need full on crucifixion type nails here. Any of you sitting there thinking this team is gonna rally to some great ending and f*ck us in the draft because of Dalton haven't been paying attention. PLUS...at least in this scenario I never have to turn on the TV/Radio and hear some f*ckface like Stephen A Smith say the Bears would have been better off with Dalton this season....much less anyone on sports social media.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Before I do so, I'll preface with the only reason I truly give a sh*t about this season still is Justin Fields. So if he's playing, I'm all in on watching and seeing what the kid can do. That's the most intriguing part of this team by far and large and the biggest reason to tune in still. (I'm in on every game regardless as a diehard...but in the end the most important thing of this is entertainment...and he's the biggest entertainment factor we got right now).

All that said now...Let's be real with ourselves here boys. We all knew this season was done weeks ago. But this team's 2022 is done too in regards to any result ending with a trophy. We ain't gonna be anywhere near that level next season. Soooo...The f*ck if I believe that 6 games here at the end of this season is going to be some major sticking point for his advancement. If we are able to get him a full season of reps in 2022 and then retool over the next two offseasons to make a run at things in 2023, he'll figure it out over 16 in 2022.

There's some humor in the fact that genius is playing "uh duh Fields must play reps reps reps" card. As if these next 6 games under Coach Cantscoreforshit are in his universe some kind of great stepping stone that we win a few more games next season. If it is....Dude's literally making an argument for a sh*ttier draft pick by turning a 5-6 win team next season (with all the sh*t that's going to go down with attrition and player ages on our roser) into a potential 8-9 win team. That's high f*cking irony. And soup to f*cking nuts...A full 16 game season under whatever new coach we have will be more than f*cking suffice to get the kid prepped for a hopefully not sh*tty 2023 and beyond. 6 games here in football nightmareland ain't gonna change it that dramatically. The only thing it will give us is the enjoyment that there's something to actually watch the games for with Fields on the...well..field.

But alas, your Jiddiest is here to save the day on that last point. I said before that Dalton has been a pretty quality dude considering all the sh*t that went down. Think I'm f*cking caring if they throw dude a bone with a few starts? Nah. I'm actually somewhat intrigued to see the Bears play with him. Why? Because I'm damn f*cking tired of anyone who apologizes for Nagy and his x-teen point offense. We couldn't hit 20 vs. the hapless Lions. You think I'm concerned our 2021 W/L is gonna change that much with Dalton vs. Fields?!? WE...CAN'T...SCORE. It's Andy Dalton...He ain't changing the results that much. BUT...what he will provide is the final nail of confirmation that f*ckface needs to go. And our management is f*cking the dipsh*ttiest of dipsh*ts soooo...We need full on crucifixion type nails here. Any of you sitting there thinking this team is gonna rally to some great ending and f*ck us in the draft because of Dalton haven't been paying attention. PLUS...at least in this scenario I never have to turn on the TV/Radio and hear some f*ckface like Stephen A Smith say the Bears would have been better off with Dalton this season....much less anyone on sports social media.

lmao. No one reading this.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lmao. No one reading this.
That this was the most given response in history had an infinitely higher probability than your prediction here. I do appreciate the consistency however. I expect little at this point so the bait doesn’t have any sting.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is the Bears-Detroit game a Thanksgiving standard? Is somebody retarded?
You just don't understand sports marketing, do you. This was a Thanksgiving game, so that the nation can see for themselves and give thanks for not having to bother following the Bears or the Lions the rest of the season. Sheesh, do we have to teach you everything?

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bottom line, Dalton was NAGys choice, he could have named foles #2 and did not, got forced into playing fields due to injury and we watched him shit the bed, then got forced to staying with fields by Georgie...
All I am saying is a cracked rib is a fractured rib or a broken rib, the recovery period just keeps extending with further injury.
This is an earned titled franchise quarterback giving it a go for a must win game for the playoffs or stay home type scenario kind of decision, not the fan wannabe franchise quarterback in a lost year risking further injury. This is not the week to let the kid play because he was a first round pick, the boss told you to play me, and we have not had a quarterback since Luckman.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's probably the single greatest backup QB of all-time.

He's gotta be near the top of the list anyway. Doug Williams is up there. Jeff Hostetler, Doug Flutie, Jim Plunkett (Only backup to win the SB twice).

Earl Morrall won an MVP backing up Unitas and then won 9 games in a row for the Dolphins before Griese stepped back in and finished the perfect season.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who needs GMs, coaches, scouts, and doctors….no one knows more about football, and medical issues, than the collective morons on the Bears sportshoopla message board.
Well well well, lookie here:

So it turns out after all that Justin's not starting this Sunday due to his continuing rib injury. B-b-b-b-but some of the true experts on this board, who know a LOT more about Fields and the Bears than some stupid team staff, coaches, and medical staff, insisted he'd be fine and that he'll be the starter this Sunday. But in fairness, let's be honest here. I mean, who would know more about the inner workings of the organization? The coaches, staff, even beat writers who follow the daily workings of the team from an insider basis, or some Mensa level intellectuals who bless us with their intellect and get this.....actually watch the Bears on TV once a week!!! I don't know about anyone else, but I'm going with the SportsHoopla Mensa gang, because they so smart!!!!!

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's gotta be near the top of the list anyway. Doug Williams is up there. Jeff Hostetler, Doug Flutie, Jim Plunkett (Only backup to win the SB twice).

Earl Morrall won an MVP backing up Unitas and then won 9 games in a row for the Dolphins before Griese stepped back in and finished the perfect season.
I agree with most of it, but I do not think Foles believes it. He went to Jacksonville to be a starter, which showed he did not accept the back up role. He found a way to get traded from Jacksonville to someone who would give him a shot to be the starter, and was even competition with Mitch last years preseason. My point is the assistant coach backup like Chase Daniels is a veteran who accepts the role. If Dalton accepts it and wants to back up Fields next year for 7 million, fine, but if its a guy like Foles who believes its start or bust, then that is nothing but a cancer in the quarterback room.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with most of it, but I do not think Foles believes it. He went to Jacksonville to be a starter, which showed he did not accept the back up role. He found a way to get traded from Jacksonville to someone who would give him a shot to be the starter, and was even competition with Mitch last years preseason. My point is the assistant coach backup like Chase Daniels is a veteran who accepts the role. If Dalton accepts it and wants to back up Fields next year for 7 million, fine, but if its a guy like Foles who believes its start or bust, then that is nothing but a cancer in the quarterback room.

O% of that has anything to do with what Foles did as an actual backup...which was win a SB. Beating the Patriots to do so too.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well well well, lookie here:

So it turns out after all that Justin's not starting this Sunday due to his continuing rib injury. B-b-b-b-but some of the true experts on this board, who know a LOT more about Fields and the Bears than some stupid team staff, coaches, and medical staff, insisted he'd be fine and that he'll be the starter this Sunday. But in fairness, let's be honest here. I mean, who would know more about the inner workings of the organization? The coaches, staff, even beat writers who follow the daily workings of the team from an insider basis, or some Mensa level intellectuals who bless us with their intellect and get this.....actually watch the Bears on TV once a week!!! I don't know about anyone else, but I'm going with the SportsHoopla Mensa gang, because they so smart!!!!!

You're right....him not starting this week totally validates you. This totally proves you aren't a complete moron.

If you could quote me where I ever once said Fields WOULD BE versus SHOULD BE the starter....I'd like to see it.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right about now I'm guessing BWW is - to borrow a bit on this phrase - rumblin' bumblin' stumblin' in desperation to cough up an excuse.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need a dictionary to figure out the difference between should and would?