• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: The game so bad we didn't even have a thread for it (Bears vs Lions reaction thread)

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never saw him in Carsons ear on the sidelines

Most backups that spend time mentoring do most of that mentoring in practice, the film room, and other places where TV cameras won't see them.

The ole I didn't see such and such on the sideline from some fat, stupid fan that thinks a few seconds of observation during a TV broadcast must mean something is ridiculous.

Maybe Foles isn't a good mentor. Maybe he's an okay one. Maybe he spends zero time mentoring. You know what? None of that has anything to do with the topic at hand which is best backups ever....meaning how those backups performed once they were actually on the fucking field. Not what they did or didn't do as a backup on the sideline.

You couldn't find a point in a conversation with a map.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most backups that spend time mentoring do most of that mentoring in practice, the film room, and other places where TV cameras won't see them.

The ole I didn't see such and such on the sideline from some fat, stupid fan that thinks a few seconds of observation during a TV broadcast must mean something is ridiculous.

Maybe Foles isn't a good mentor. Maybe he's an okay one. Maybe he spends zero time mentoring. You know what? None of that has anything to do with the topic at hand which is best backups ever....meaning how those backups performed once they were actually on the fucking field. Not what they did or didn't do as a backup on the sideline.

You couldn't find a point in a conversation with a map.
Topic at hand was the Bears lions game.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck Fields. He'll get his time when due. It is not due right now.

Dalton deserves to play, even if they're meaningless games. I know Dalton's had good years, but I never watched him regularly and he never really "blew up", so I always just lumped him in the second tier...the dude can play. He's a good QB. Makes the right decisions most the time, and is pretty accurate.

Had they gone back to him when he was healthy, instead of being stubborn asshats, we might actually have a season that matters.

Fields should sit. Period.

Lol

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes the right decisions most the time, and is pretty accurate.

6 touchdowns.....6 picks.

Pro Bowler.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes the right decisions most the time, and is pretty accurate.

6 touchdowns.....6 picks.

Pro Bowler.
Cherry picks a sloppy, rainy game, against the best team in football, starting our worst group of wideouts on the season.

And he's a 3-time pro bowler. Facts.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cherry picks a sloppy, rainy game, against the best team in football, starting our worst group of wideouts on the season.

He didn't play well against the Rams either. In doors...no rain.

Scored 16 total points against the WORST team in the NFL. In doors.

But yeah...cherry picking.
And he's a 3-time pro bowler. Facts.
The last time he went to the Pro Bowl was 2016. Want a calculator to figure out how many years ago that was?

And that was a year he was 6-9-1 with a massive 18 touchdowns thrown. My only question is why didn't we pay him more?

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't play well against the Rams either. In doors...no rain.

Scored 16 total points against the WORST team in the NFL. In doors.

But yeah...cherry picking.

The last time he went to the Pro Bowl was 2016. Want a calculator to figure out how many years ago that was?

And that was a year he was 6-9-1 with a massive 18 touchdowns thrown. My only question is why didn't we pay him more?
Yet still better than the kid.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No matter who has started the team has generally scored about the same amount of points.

So....no, not really.
Ahh...didn't know we were confining the metrics to just total score, and no other variable or context is allowed.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Points win games. Look all around the league. The teams winning the most are the teams that can score.

Who is most responsible for offensive output? The QB.

So yes....points scored is most definitely a fair way to judge a QB.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Points win games. Look all around the league. The teams winning the most are the teams that can score.

Who is most responsible for offensive output? The QB.

So yes....points scored is most definitely a fair way to judge a QB.
So are wins. (he has 2 in spite of his play) So is 31 sacks vs 6. So is 17 turnovers. So is me screaming at the TV week after fucking week.."THROW THE FUCKING BALL!?!"

Yes. Points are a great stat to compare two QBs, but only focusing on that takes the nuances and context out.

The funny part about all this, is just because I think Fields needed to be benched, doesn't mean I don't believe he can't be great still. He just was not playing good football. Period. And the season was still too young to toss it aside, regardless of your opinion of the team.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So are wins. (he has 2 in spite of his play) So is 31 sacks vs 6. So is 17 turnovers. So is me screaming at the TV week after fucking week.."THROW THE FUCKING BALL!?!"

One of those wins are from a game he didn't finish. The other was against Detroit and his offense scored 16 points.

So....slow clap? I guess.
Yes. Points are a great stat to compare two QBs, but only focusing on that takes the nuances and context out.

Focusing on other stats and saying this is better because of x when the game results prove it doesn't matter....is dumb.

But yards. Yeah but when Dalton throws redzones picks...yards don't fucking matter.
The funny part about all this, is just because I think Fields needed to be benched, doesn't mean I don't believe he can't be great still. He just was not playing good football. Period. And the season was still too young to toss it aside, regardless of your opinion of the team.

Justin Fields played better in the Pittsburgh game than Dalton has at any point this season. It's 1 game. But it came in prime time against a good team.

That's more than enough for me to say the kid should play in spite of how bad he's looked at other times. Because his effort and performance in Pittsburgh is proof he can learn and grow and can step up to the plate when he's needed most.

His YPA against the Lions were more than Dalton has achieved in EVERY game in his entire career with the exception of 3.

Dalton has had 2 seasons in his career where he went over 10 yards per attempt in game at least 3 times. He's had a couple other seasons where he's done it twice. Fields already has two such games in his career.

Dalton is a mediocre QB at his best. Fields has potential to be a game changer and game breaker.

Starting Dalton and benching Fields if he is healthy is opting to drive a Honda Civic on an open road when you have a Ferrari in your garage.

Again....Dalton started the first game of the year against a prime opponent in prime time. And he sucked. So no....benching him was never anything but letting a guy with far more talent and potential play.

Fields has been awful at times and has a lot to learn. But he pushes the ball down the field...his ball placement is elite level. It's insane to not let him play and build on his skills.

Letting him play gives you something else as well. It gives you film for a new coaching staff to devour and use to build around for next season. The more they know about their young QB....the better they can build and plan around him.

If he's hurt fine. But if he's healthy....there's no argument for benching him that makes any kind of sense.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of those wins are from a game he didn't finish. The other was against Detroit and his offense scored 16 points.

So....slow clap? I guess.

Focusing on other stats and saying this is better because of x when the game results prove it doesn't matter....is dumb.

But yards. Yeah but when Dalton throws redzones picks...yards don't fucking matter.

Justin Fields played better in the Pittsburgh game than Dalton has at any point this season. It's 1 game. But it came in prime time against a good team.

That's more than enough for me to say the kid should play in spite of how bad he's looked at other times. Because his effort and performance in Pittsburgh is proof he can learn and grow and can step up to the plate when he's needed most.

His YPA against the Lions were more than Dalton has achieved in EVERY game in his entire career with the exception of 3.

Dalton has had 2 seasons in his career where he went over 10 yards per attempt in game at least 3 times. He's had a couple other seasons where he's done it twice. Fields already has two such games in his career.

Dalton is a mediocre QB at his best. Fields has potential to be a game changer and game breaker.

Starting Dalton and benching Fields if he is healthy is opting to drive a Honda Civic on an open road when you have a Ferrari in your garage.

Again....Dalton started the first game of the year against a prime opponent in prime time. And he sucked. So no....benching him was never anything but letting a guy with far more talent and potential play.

Fields has been awful at times and has a lot to learn. But he pushes the ball down the field...his ball placement is elite level. It's insane to not let him play and build on his skills.

Letting him play gives you something else as well. It gives you film for a new coaching staff to devour and use to build around for next season. The more they know about their young QB....the better they can build and plan around him.

If he's hurt fine. But if he's healthy....there's no argument for benching him that makes any kind of sense.
But that's just it. He is hurt. We've always known he was hurt. He left the game and didn't return. He was playing like shit anyway, so let him sit for a couple weeks. He'll get the chance to heal his body and his mind...which needed it.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But that's just it. He is hurt. We've always known he was hurt. He left the game and didn't return. He was playing like shit anyway, so let him sit for a couple weeks. He'll get the chance to heal his body and his mind...which needed it.

He's already sat and healed. He practiced on a limited basis this past week. Which means he's likely close to being able to play. Once he's able...play him.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lulz. Pats just beat a playoff team, while attempting to pass 3 times in the whole game.

Wonder why they don't ever need to rebuild or look to next year? I'm sure all their players just got "it".

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lulz. Pats just beat a playoff team, while attempting to pass 3 times in the whole game.

Wonder why they don't ever need to rebuild or look to next year? I'm sure all their players just got "it".

It's just Belichick proving he's the master yet again.

I remember a game from years back when the Pats had a really good run game and they were facing the Vikings who, at the time, had the best run defense in football but had injuries in the secondary.

The Patriots ran zero times. They threw all game and beat the Vikings without issue.

Coaching and scheme matter. A lot.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just Belichick proving he's the master yet again.

I remember a game from years back when the Pats had a really good run game and they were facing the Vikings who, at the time, had the best run defense in football but had injuries in the secondary.

The Patriots ran zero times. They threw all game and beat the Vikings without issue.

Coaching and scheme matter. A lot.
I’m in if they were all primary curl routes.