• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: The game so bad we didn't even have a thread for it (Bears vs Lions reaction thread)

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, my belly feels like it's going to explode after Thanksgiving dinner and I had to go lay down for a minute during the Dallas game. Very typical.

Sad that we only mustered 16 points on 7 trips into Detroit territory. Game was ugly as can be with all of the penalties. Dalton honestly threw the ball quite well and I think it's obvious who makes this offense more efficient right now. That being said - I'm sure we go back to Fields vs Arizona when he's healthy. Mooney is frustrating in a way, but he posted another very solid yardage total and continues to get open. Losing Roquan was clearly a blow to an already banged up defense. He was playing at the highest level of his career, probably. Would be a shame for him to miss time.

Ugly game... neither team wanted it and Detroit really just served it up to us on a silver platter in the final two minutes. They sort of just "out sucked" us.

I suppose it's nice know that we didn't give Detroit their first win?

Happy Thanksgiving everyone :)

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck Fields. He'll get his time when due. It is not due right now.

Dalton deserves to play, even if they're meaningless games. I know Dalton's had good years, but I never watched him regularly and he never really "blew up", so I always just lumped him in the second tier...the dude can play. He's a good QB. Makes the right decisions most the time, and is pretty accurate.

Had they gone back to him when he was healthy, instead of being stubborn asshats, we might actually have a season that matters.

Fields should sit. Period.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dalton deserves to play, even if they're meaningless games. I know Dalton's had good years, but I never watched him regularly and he never really "blew up", so I always just lumped him in the second tier...the dude can play. He's a good QB. Makes the right decisions most the time, and is pretty accurate.

Had they gone back to him when he was healthy, instead of being stubborn asshats, we might actually have a season that matters.

I agree 100%. I just have a bad feeling that the organization wants him playing. We're on the same page. I realize the season is shot, but I still just can't stand watching him right now. He needs to hone his mechanics, not further create bad habits out there on the field.

Dalton has always been rock solid. His best year was in 2015 when he suffered a season ending injury. He was on fire and the Bengals were 10-3 when he went down. That team actually had a chance to be something that year. It could have been his time.

If he starts vs Baltimore or San Fran. We have at least one more win. If not two. Would have us right in the wild card picture, for whatever that's worth. I can't say the Pittsburgh game since that's the one game Fields looked like a pro and made the big throws.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am just glad that Lucky Costa cracks me up and Hot Rod Garage was on all day to flip over to. Definitely needs to be Dalton and Foles the rest of the way. I do think Fields was more hurt then he let be known, and they did this for his own protection. Pretty bad claiming this is the best o line nagy has ever had in Chicago.....
Biggest worry was the shit show all week and Nagy becoming a martyr. Second thought was why would the NFL pick some of the most penalizing teams of officials to work the Turkey day games? Its like they knew it giving extra time for the second game kickoff, or were they giving people an hour to eat dinner?

Picklerick 2.0

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dalton had always been a good, not great qb. The years they gave him a good team, they made the playoffs. But look at who he's had to contend with throughout his career. Fields simply isn't ready yet.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We ain’t making no playoffs with Dalton then or now. This team scored 16 vs one of the worst ppg defenses in the league. It just wasn’t happening this season. That said, Dalton has been a class act this whole thing so having him play out is fine. Considering Nagy (and his sh*t offense) is a dead man walking, the benefits of a few more games pt for Fields are marginal at this point.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am just glad that Lucky Costa cracks me up and Hot Rod Garage was on all day to flip over to. Definitely needs to be Dalton and Foles the rest of the way. I do think Fields was more hurt then he let be known, and they did this for his own protection. Pretty bad claiming this is the best o line nagy has ever had in Chicago.....
Biggest worry was the shit show all week and Nagy becoming a martyr. Second thought was why would the NFL pick some of the most penalizing teams of officials to work the Turkey day games? Its like they knew it giving extra time for the second game kickoff, or were they giving people an hour to eat dinner?
Are you sure they're the crew that throws the most flags?

I was watching the game with a lot of people and we were laughing because EVERY flag thrown? Seemed to be an obvious flag. Especially all of the holds. Sometimes there was even a 2nd hold on the same play that was not called. There were a LOT of flags, but... I don't remember seeing one (regardless of team) and thinking "that's a bull shit call".

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We ain’t making no playoffs with Dalton then or now. This team scored 16 vs one of the worst ppg defenses in the league. It just wasn’t happening this season. That said, Dalton has been a class act this whole thing so having him play out is fine. Considering Nagy (and his sh*t offense) is a dead man walking, the benefits of a few more games pt for Fields are marginal at this point.
It really comes down to whether you believe Fields is only stunting his growth out there. Versus, will the reps aid him in his growth? To me, that's the most important thing. He's our QB of the future, like it or not. There's 6 games left. That's a lot of football and a lot of reps if you think they will help him. That's also a lot of reps if you think it could cause him to further spiral and create more bad habits which will need fixing over the off-season.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I might be Fields biggest fan on this board, or at least in the top three. But I also could not agree more with your take. The kid's simply not ready yet. He has shown some seriously good flashes here and there. But we can't go by 'here and there'. We need a LOT more consistency out of the position, something Dalton gives us. Fields will eventually take over the reins and take it over for a long time. Just not this season.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a good QB. Makes the right decisions most the time, and is pretty accurate.

Mind explaining the two redzone picks....one of which was dropped on what should have been OPI?

Are these the good decisions we are talking about?

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's also a lot of reps if you think it could cause him to further spiral and create more bad habits which will need fixing over the off-season.

Could you name one bad habit he's developed this season so far?

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could you name one bad habit he's developed this season so far?
His footwork totally escapes him at times as he begins to panic. He rushes and over strides on many of his throws. Causing his backside to collapse and for him for him to over shoot his target. When he feels pressure, he often totally takes his eyes off of the field, and tries to run when there's still a throw to be made.

The Baltimore game had a great example of this. He had a target streaking wide open on a deep post down the middle (while he was flushing upward in the pocket) and he instead opted to try and run for the 1st down. This resulted in 4th down and a punt. If his first read is not open, he tends to totally panic. His throwing mechanics often look downright ugly. These were not things he did in college. Yes, there's always an adjustment period (I still like him and don't regret taking him) but he's compensating for the game being too fast, by altering his mechanics and basic fundamentals. Not exactly what you want a guy to simply continue doing.

FWIW, he also willingly takes an insane amount of hits while rushing and that just cannot continue. Even before the hit that injured him last Sunday, he was willingly refusing to run out of bounds or slide and going straight into some massive blows. Respect the toughness, but he needs to slide.

(Insert typical moody reply by BWW that I won't respond to) Hope you had a good Thanksgiving, bud.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His footwork totally escapes him at times as he begins to panic. He rushes and over strides on many of his throws. Causing his backside to collapse and for him for him to over shoot his target. When he feels pressure, he often totally takes his eyes off of the field, and tries to run when there's still a throw to be made.

The Baltimore game had a great example of this. He had a target streaking wide open on a deep post down the middle (while he was flushing upward in the pocket) and he instead opted to try and run for the 1st down. This resulted in 4th down and a punt. If his first read is not open, he tends to totally panic. His throwing mechanics often look downright ugly. These were not things he did in college. Yes, there's always an adjustment period (I still like him and don't regret taking him) but he's compensating for the game being too fast, by altering his mechanics and basic fundamentals. Not exactly what you want a guy to simply continue doing.

FWIW, he also willingly takes an insane amount of hits while rushing and that just cannot continue. Even before the hit that injured him last Sunday, he was willingly refusing to run out of bounds or slide and going straight into some massive blows. Respect the toughness, but he needs to slide.

(Insert typical moody reply by BWW that I won't respond to) Hope you had a good Thanksgiving, bud.

I asked for bad habits he developed this season. Meaning things he didn’t used to do that he developed playing for Nagy and Lazor.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

omg.

Fields should play when he's healthy. This is a no brainer.

It's like all the idiots got together in this one thread and one idiot says something stupid and the rest of the lemmings just fall right in line.

Last edited:

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
omg.

Fields should play when he's healthy. This is a no brainer.

It's like all the idiots got together in this one thread and one idiot says something stupid and the rest of the lemmings just fall right in line.
At this point of the campaign Dalton is better. Much better. If you can't see this you're blind, which is par for the course when it comes to your (Hey, let's tank the season) observations.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fields only needs to sit UNTIL hes 100% healthy.....If that means the rest of the season then so be it....

If hes healthy,he needs to play......Theres no better way for him to get better than for him to step out on the field.....
Get a better oline,he will play better......

Either he has it,or he doesnt......

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the thread title.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point of the campaign Dalton is better. Much better. If you can't see this you're blind, which is par for the course when it comes to your (Hey, let's tank the season) observations.

Who gives a shit who's better right now? You have aspirations for the playoffs? The only objective right now is developing Fields and the best way to do that is if he's on the field. He's already improved significantly since the first game and now you want to sit him because "Dalton is better"?

I swear the collective IQ of everyone in this thread couldn't figure out how to screw in a lightbulb.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who gives a shit who's better right now? You have aspirations for the playoffs? The only objective right now is developing Fields and the best way to do that is if he's on the field. He's already improved significantly since the first game and now you want to sit him because "Dalton is better"?

I swear the collective IQ of everyone in this thread couldn't figure out how to screw in a lightbulb.
Says the guy who wanted us to throw the season last year. Yeah, let's follow your brilliance, said no one ever.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Says the guy who wanted us to throw the season last year. Yeah, let's follow your brilliance, said no one ever.

Yeah fits my narrative perfectly. Who cares about winning right now? What is the point of winning right now? The most important thing is developing Fields and seeing if he indeed is the guy. Winning is secondary. And having a better pick helps this franchise even though we stupidly don't have a first round pick because we didn't tank last year. It's a snowball effect dummy.

So instead we should sit our future franchise QB (which he still is) and let him learn from the sidelines from the very coach you despise and will undoubtedly be fired? Brilliant as usual.

Wall to wall idiots in here.