• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: The game so bad we didn't even have a thread for it (Bears vs Lions reaction thread)

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who gives a shit who's better right now? You have aspirations for the playoffs? only objective right now is developing Fields and the best way to do that is if he's on the field. He's already improved significantly since the first game and now you want to sit himThe because "Dalton is better"?

I swear the collective IQ of everyone in this thread couldn't figure out how to screw in a lightbulb.

I already know Fields needs to play....Who cares abpit Dalton.
Dalton already knows hes on his wau out/ back up here.....
This is Fields team and the only way he gets better is to play and surround him with an oline......maybe evem a te,not quite sure if Kmet is the guy yet.....

Fields has it or he doesnt.....only way to find out is to play him......plain and simple.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears are going nowhere this season.
Nagy will either ruin Fields or teach him bad habits.
May as well play Foles and see if we can boost his trade value from nothing to a 7th round.
:pound:

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah fits my narrative perfectly. Who cares about winning right now? What is the point of winning right now? The most important thing is developing Fields and seeing if he indeed is the guy. Winning is secondary. And having a better pick helps this franchise even though we stupidly don't have a first round pick because we didn't tank last year. It's a snowball effect dummy.

So instead we should sit our future franchise QB (which he still is) and let him learn from the sidelines from the very coach you despise and will undoubtedly be fired? Brilliant as usual.

Wall to wall idiots in here.
Damn buddy, you hit this board at 5am just to respond? LOL, you must have either tossed and turned in bed all night or jumped on the keyboard right after getting home from the 3rd shift. I trust you're still not fuming over my calling you out last year regarding the absolute dumbest statement a sports fan can make. I'm hoping we can still be friends!!

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears are going nowhere this season.
Nagy will either ruin Fields or teach him bad habits.
May as well play Foles and see if we can boost his trade value from nothing to a 7th round.
:pound:

This whole idea that a player can be "ruined" i call bullshit. You either have it or you don't, and the ones that have it rise to the top eventually. Troy Aikman went winless his rookie year, shocking he wasn't "ruined". If Fields is legit, playing won't "ruin" him.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn buddy, you hit this board at 5am just to respond? LOL, you must have either tossed and turned in bed all night or jumped on the keyboard right after getting home from the 3rd shift. I trust you're still not fuming over my calling you out last year regarding the absolute dumbest statement a sports fan can make. I'm hoping we can still be friends!!

The genius doesn't make dumb statements. The genius points out dumb statements like "Dalton should start over Fields because he's better right now". Like winning means anything this season. Winning will actually hurt this franchise. You want to win and save Nagy's job? You want to win when everyone knows there will be a completely new coaching staff next year? You want to win and get a lower draft picks? What is the point of winning this year with this coaching staff? THINK stupid.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It really comes down to whether you believe Fields is only stunting his growth out there. Versus, will the reps aid him in his growth? To me, that's the most important thing. He's our QB of the future, like it or not. There's 6 games left. That's a lot of football and a lot of reps if you think they will help him. That's also a lot of reps if you think it could cause him to further spiral and create more bad habits which will need fixing over the off-season.
I just do not trust Fields. Not the football skill part, but when he leaves the game because of ribs, on a hit that did not include him falling on the football or getting speared in the ribs, it just makes me believe he is covering up a few injuries. He has been beat to shit back there. Unless he is rubberman, that knee contortion looked terrible, and after Dalton throws a nice pass, he rushes back onto the field before they really have a chance to check him out, almost like if I dont get back out there, they might not let me back out there.

So meaningless games for us, why not let him learn, but him learning bad habits and unlearning this system these final games should get him more prepared for the next regime. Let him be a fan, a spectator, and let Foles earn some of those dollars.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
omg.

Fields should play when he's healthy. This is a no brainer.

It's like all the idiots got together in this one thread and one idiot says something stupid and the rest of the lemmings just fall right in line.

Fields should absolutely play. There’s all upside in him playing and no point in putting Dalton on the field. It amazes me this has to be explained.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point of the campaign Dalton is better. Much better. If you can't see this you're blind, which is par for the course when it comes to your (Hey, let's tank the season) observations.

It’s a lost season. What benefits you more next season? Fields with more reps under his belt or Fields sitting on the bench?

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This whole idea that a player can be "ruined" i call bullshit. You either have it or you don't, and the ones that have it rise to the top eventually. Troy Aikman went winless his rookie year, shocking he wasn't "ruined". If Fields is legit, playing won't "ruin" him.
You take Jimmy Johnson coming from the college game, with college plays and watched him develop and change with Aikman. They also only had Hershel Walker for 5 games and only had Michael Irwin as a receiver you could name off a list of 100. They also drafted Emmit Smith the following year.
We have all witnessed what Nagy did with Trubisky, and regardless of talent, you took a guy that won in college rolling out and running and watched him try to nail his feet in the pocket and we are watching the same thing with Fields.
Give Fields a chance and wait for Nagy to leave.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s a lost season. What benefits you more next season? Fields with more reps under his belt or Fields sitting on the bench?
I might, repeat MIGHT have been open to Fields taking snaps as soon as the next game, despite his very inconsistent play, if only he wasn't walking around with cracked ribs. Now before you immediately respond with the word from the staff that he "seems" fine, cracked ribs are cracked ribs. You can stick a flak jacket on him, but even with one of those on, a specific hit to that region can change from cracked ribs to broken ribs. Then what have we accomplished besides making the matter worse.

So having answered you, I'll come back with my own question, why is it so bad that he spends most, if not the rest of the season, sitting, watching, and learning from a seasoned pro? He's had some decent spurts here and there, but he has yet to put together a solid, consistent game. Even that one where he threw for something like 290 yards, he really only got it going the 2nd half. We all know the Bears season is already in the tank. We gain nothing by playing him just as much as we gain nothing by sitting him, with the one exception of keeping him healthy while he learns the speed of the game better.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For all you guys that want him to play. Why do you want him to play more in a system that is no longer going to be in Chicago? While the reps may help him, what's the point of getting him playing time in a system that won't be there next year? Nagy is gone and so is the system, so what the hell good is that going to do him. He'd be better off getting totally healthy, figuring out the new system and starting fresh.

The worst thing that I've seen historically for young QBs is to learn new systems year after year. It's ruined plenty of talented guys and I don't really think you want to send him down that path.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I might, repeat MIGHT have been open to Fields taking snaps as soon as the next game, despite his very inconsistent play, if only he wasn't walking around with cracked ribs. Now before you immediately respond with the word from the staff that he "seems" fine, cracked ribs are cracked ribs. You can stick a flak jacket on him, but even with one of those on, a specific hit to that region can change from cracked ribs to broken ribs. Then what have we accomplished besides making the matter worse.

So having answered you, I'll come back with my own question, why is it so bad that he spends most, if not the rest of the season, sitting, watching, and learning from a seasoned pro? He's had some decent spurts here and there, but he has yet to put together a solid, consistent game. Even that one where he threw for something like 290 yards, he really only got it going the 2nd half. We all know the Bears season is already in the tank. We gain nothing by playing him just as much as we gain nothing by sitting him, with the one exception of keeping him healthy while he learns the speed of the game better.

Reps against real competition are gold. That’s why.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For all you guys that want him to play. Why do you want him to play more in a system that is no longer going to be in Chicago? While the reps may help him, what's the point of getting him playing time in a system that won't be there next year? Nagy is gone and so is the system, so what the hell good is that going to do him. He'd be better off getting totally healthy, figuring out the new system and starting fresh.

The worst thing that I've seen historically for young QBs is to learn new systems year after year. It's ruined plenty of talented guys and I don't really think you want to send him down that path.

Name a QB that was ruined by a coaching staff instead of just being a flawed QB to begin with.

Brett Favre switched systems a few times. He was fine. Steve Young didn’t seem to get ruined by it.

This talk of QBs being ruined is crap. If a player is meant to great…he will be great.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Name a QB that was ruined by a coaching staff instead of just being a flawed QB to begin with.

Brett Favre switched systems a few times. He was fine. Steve Young didn’t seem to get ruined by it.

This talk of QBs being ruined is crap. If a player is meant to great…he will be great.

Favre spent a year in Atlanta and was drunk and didn't learn that system...Hell it took him 2 years to actually learn Holmgrens system and longer until he had it down.

Young spent a couple years backing up Montana after his USFL and Tampa Bay gigs....and TB and USFL teams had crap teams with crap systems and he was running for his life in most of those games...that's probably why he ran so much in San Fran...

QBs can be ruined...and you've seen it many times, you just decided not to believe it...

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Favre spent a year in Atlanta and was drunk and didn't learn that system...Hell it took him 2 years to actually learn Holmgrens system and longer until he had it down.

Young spent a couple years backing up Montana after his USFL and Tampa Bay gigs....and TB and USFL teams had crap teams with crap systems and he was running for his life in most of those games...that's probably why he ran so much in San Fran...

QBs can be ruined...and you've seen it many times, you just decided not to believe it...

Cool….so name some guys that have been ruined.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Jags may as well sit TLaw too....lmao

Hes been mostly godawful,with some flashes of being the player the Jags wantted,but he still plays....

Zack Wilson has not been good either,but still plays.......

The only way these guys get better is to play......I dont understanf why its so hard to understand that....

Last edited:

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This system thing you guys talk about is hogwash.....

How many qbs stick with the same system year aftet year....It doesnt hsppen....

I just cant wait for Love to get his turn....man is he gonna be great after sitting behind Rodgers for two years and maybe more if AR stays and still in same system.......

Thats laughable.....Ill let you in on a little hint,he wont last 2-3 years in GB atmost when his turn arrives.....

This is a team game,you need talent all the way around to succeed in the NFL....

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The bigger reason that athletes do not play with rib injuries is because a cracked, fractured or broken rib can puncture the lung and it does not bode well to have lungs filling up with fluids.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bigger reason that athletes do not play with rib injuries is because a cracked, fractured or broken rib can puncture the lung and it does not bode well to have lungs filling up with fluids.

Yeah which is why the team doctor won't give clearance to play unless it's safe for that player to play.

That's what the doctors get paid for.