• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Spurs vs Heat NBA FINALS Thread

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The New NBA logo:

969349_516854881696804_992755340_n.jpg

McKayla Maroney's not impressed with floppers:

149844909_medium.jpg

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course, I was waiting for someone to bring up Ginobli.

That's what most homer fans do. When all else fails, resort to the "well, so-and-so did it too."

Just pointing out one of your boys does the same shit, it is not right but it is part of the game. If you can't change it then why whine like a little bitch about it.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami is the better team, it just depends it they give it their all, basically-play the way they can. And Spolestra has proved he can make changes just like Pop can. Lebron will step up, but if Wade plays like that the rest of the series, it is over.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami is the better team, it just depends it they give it their all, basically-play the way they can.

:gaah: :L :gaah: :L :gaah: :L

And Spolestra has proved he can make changes just like Pop can. Lebron will step up, but if Wade plays like that the rest of the series, it is over.

Spo is pretty good coach, his team makes him look really bad sometimes* but he knows what he is doing.

*By either being super lazy, super passive or not having a dominant canter or some combination of the 3.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spo is pretty good coach, his team makes him look really bad sometimes* but he knows what he is doing.

*By either being super lazy, super passive or not having a dominant canter or some combination of the 3.

I hope Spo's got enough tricks in the bag for the remaining 2-3 games.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just pointing out one of your boys does the same shit, it is not right but it is part of the game. If you can't change it then why whine like a little bitch about it.

Whine like a little bitch?

You mean the way Heat fans whined during the Indiana series when LeBron fouled out?

I despise homer fans almost as much as I detest floppers.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more I think about it, it really doesn't matter who wins game 5.

I don't see the Spurs winning ANY games in Miami after game 5, win or lose. Nobody plays better with their backs to the wall than Miami.

didn't the Spurs already beat these clowns in Miami? i wouldn't be so quick to make this judgement...

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spurs must win situation tonight... they can't go back to Miami having to win both... just won't happen in thug land.

Something about being so close to the ghetto makes the supporting cast of thugs like Haslem, Anderson, etc.. step up big time.

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spurs must win situation tonight... they can't go back to Miami having to win both... just won't happen in thug land.

Something about being so close to the ghetto makes the supporting cast of thugs like Haslem, Anderson, etc.. step up big time.

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You have to be kidding me... he is one of the worst coaches in the NBA. Do you remember his first few years when he couldn't even talk to the media without sticking his foot in his mouth?

Also, during timeouts... he talks jibberish and almost every player on that teams is looking the other way and ignoring him.

Riley hired him for a reason.. and it wasn't his coaching skill. Riley needed an empty suit so (a) he could still control the team from afar and (b) the players wouldn't be at odds with a good coach who would challenge them.

This is why you see so much 1 on 1 action at the top...

If the Heat actually had a really good coach the players listened to.. .they would be unstoppable. The reason they struggle is teamwork and having a sub-par coach.

Spoelstra would not even be a head coach in the league today if it weren't for the Miami opportunity.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to be kidding me... he is one of the worst coaches in the NBA. Do you remember his first few years when he couldn't even talk to the media without sticking his foot in his mouth?

Also, during timeouts... he talks jibberish and almost every player on that teams is looking the other way and ignoring him.

Riley hired him for a reason.. and it wasn't his coaching skill. Riley needed an empty suit so (a) he could still control the team from afar and (b) the players wouldn't be at odds with a good coach who would challenge them.

This is why you see so much 1 on 1 action at the top...

If the Heat actually had a really good coach the players listened to.. .they would be unstoppable. The reason they struggle is teamwork and having a sub-par coach.

Spoelstra would not even be a head coach in the league today if it weren't for the Miami opportunity.

Your post is a joke. There would be teams lined up for Spoelstra IMO.

Anyway, the next game is tomorrow, not tonight, so clearly you are not in tune with what is going on in the NBA.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is probably true but the fact is he got his shot and no matter what he started at as a coach he has improved greatly.

Even if he is just an "empty suit" Riley is filling it with great coaching, sure the Storm Troopers suck but Spo is Jango's son, Boba. And he was quite a force.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
G

This is probably true but the fact is he got his shot and no matter what he started at as a coach he has improved greatly.

Even if he is just an "empty suit" Riley is filling it with great coaching, sure the Storm Troopers suck but Spo is Jango's son, Boba. And he was quite a force.

Unless you think Riley is calling all the shots, which he isn't, then saying Spoelstra isn't capable makes no sense.
You think Riley would sign the Big 3 and then trust some non qualified idiot to oversee his project?

You think Wade/James/Bosh would settle for a coach they didn't respect?

Has any current or past player ever said Spoelstra wasn't in control or making the decisions?
I'm sure Riley offers input just like the assistant coaches do. They are all part of team.
Spoelstra even goes to the players for advice.

How come when the Spurs went from getting blown out in game 2 to blowing us out in game 3 everyone said Spoelstra got out coached (when then Spurs didn't make any noticeable changes), but when Spoelstra does make changes between games 3 and 4 and we win by 16 on the road, he gets no credit?

Also, as far as the earlier thug/ location comment by SEC, obviously you have never been to the AT&T center.
As most arenas are, because land is cheaper, the building isn't exactly in the nicest part of town.

To boot, I don't see how some NBA arenas can't even afford modern day scoreboards, etc..
The place is a step or 2 above a high school gym, but there are nicer college venues by far.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duncan is playing like shit in the series. It is definitely a sign he is aging, especially when nobody on the Heat should be able to guard him. Bosh is the only guy and he is just an average defender. Spurs need Duncan in these last couple.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whine like a little bitch?

You mean the way Heat fans whined during the Indiana series when LeBron fouled out?

I despise homer fans almost as much as I detest floppers.

Just to clear things up. Cavs are my fav team. I watched Lebron play HS ball back in the day and watched in play in Cleveland. I know most Cavs fans hate him, but it is different for me. I just want him to win and that is what he is at Miami for. I also respect Duncan to the highest leveland my aunt lives in San Antonio.

And really that is what you have he fouled out for like the 3rd time in his career. I know you expected SA to dominate and sweep at home, but they didnt. And the facts are facts, Miami is the better team and they WILL win the series. You can dog me forever if they lose, but watching Wade and Lebron play like they did in a pressure game, it reminds me of the Boston series. I would be worried if I was a Spurs fan, but I have always respected the Spurs and Pop and if there was one team to beat the Heat it would be the Spurs (other than Cleveland).

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duncan has played fairly well despite the obvious HEAT defensive strategy.

His defense and rebounding have been critical to both of the SPurs wins.
The rebounding of game 3 was more important than the 3 point shooting.

The HEAT are simply gang swarming Duncan and the paint.
They are camping out multiple defenders from every conceivable angle to prevent the Duncan entry pass and immediate double teams.

It is a luxury similar to last year with Kendrick Perkins. Nobody defended Perkins. It was an extra free defender to help vs Durant/Westbrook/Harden.

Tiago Splitter is allowing Miami to have a free defender.
They ignore Splitter because his offense is both garbage oriented and struggling now as well.
In game 4, they sagged even futher back on Timmy because they knew Parker was too injured to get around them.

It is no different than the struggles of Lebron in games 1,2, and 3.
Haslem was being ignored to make Lebron look horrible.

The Spurs need someone to open up Duncan's space....or it will never happen.
He just doesn't have any space to 1) receive the ball and 2) do anything with it.

Watch for:

1. Diaw/Bonner to get big minutes and Duncan to have a much better game.

2. Manu Ginobili to come in and start heating up. That takes away the post Swarming.

3. Splitter has to stop being so passive and go into a "beast mode" with his massive size and toss the little guys aside. Splitter cannot be a passive observer. He can physicaly maul and toss around Chris Bosh like a rag doll.

Until Diaw/Bonner/Splitter/Ginobili shows any offensive consistency. Duncan will never be able to get going.

Or Duncan will never be able to get single coverage.

SportsChic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course, I was waiting for someone to bring up Ginobli.

That's what most homer fans do. When all else fails, resort to the "well, so-and-so did it too."

Or TV talking heads bringing up past stats on this never happen.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duncan has played fairly well despite the obvious HEAT defensive strategy.

His defense and rebounding have been critical to both of the SPurs wins.
The rebounding of game 3 was more important than the 3 point shooting.

The HEAT are simply gang swarming Duncan and the paint.
They are camping out multiple defenders from every conceivable angle to prevent the Duncan entry pass and immediate double teams.

It is a luxury similar to last year with Kendrick Perkins. Nobody defended Perkins. It was an extra free defender to help vs Durant/Westbrook/Harden.

Tiago Splitter is allowing Miami to have a free defender.
They ignore Splitter because his offense is both garbage oriented and struggling now as well.
In game 4, they sagged even futher back on Timmy because they knew Parker was too injured to get around them.

It is no different than the struggles of Lebron in games 1,2, and 3.
Haslem was being ignored to make Lebron look horrible.

The Spurs need someone to open up Duncan's space....or it will never happen.
He just doesn't have any space to 1) receive the ball and 2) do anything with it.

Watch for:

1. Diaw/Bonner to get big minutes and Duncan to have a much better game.

2. Manu Ginobili to come in and start heating up. That takes away the post Swarming.

3. Splitter has to stop being so passive and go into a "beast mode" with his massive size and toss the little guys aside. Splitter cannot be a passive observer. He can physicaly maul and toss around Chris Bosh like a rag doll.

Until Diaw/Bonner/Splitter/Ginobili shows any offensive consistency. Duncan will never be able to get going.

Or Duncan will never be able to get single coverage.

Being "passive" on what? Offense? Please Tiago, please be much more aggressive on offense. Please start taking away offensive shots from the likes of Danny Green, Gary Neil and Kawhi Leonard.

This ain't football, you can't just "maul" players. Splitter is also not that big as well. If Miami can go a 7-game series battling it out with West and Hibbert, what makes you think Splitter is going to be so physically daunting.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duncan is shooting the worst of any playoff series in his career at 42%. The facts are he is missing opportunities he would usually make and you have to give credit to the Heat for doubling him and forcing TO's.