• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Spurs vs Heat NBA FINALS Thread

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is probably true but the fact is he got his shot and no matter what he started at as a coach he has improved greatly.

Even if he is just an "empty suit" Riley is filling it with great coaching, sure the Storm Troopers suck but Spo is Jango's son, Boba. And he was quite a force.

See Bot gets it... The Heat have a great team. I don't understand why people get so defensive when they are 100% homers.

I can admit when my favorite teams have weaknesses or if there are issues. Spoelstra is not a good coach... but he has great all-star players out there playing for him and Riley behind the scenes pulling the strings... there is nothing wrong with that scenario...

I have 1000x more respect for Botslayer now.

I am a Gator but can admit I don't think Mushchump is the best coach... see, was that so hard?

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tony Parker is talking about his hamstring injury way too often. One thing I love about D-Wade is that he doesn't use his injury as an excuse and never bring up the injury. Seems like every quote I read from Parker is regarding the hamstring

The same D-Wade that drags his leg behind him like it is full of shrapnel every time he misses a shot?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What? He would get a shot somewhere else... because of his W-L record... but he hasn't exactly excelled with the talent he has AND most importantly the guy has been a PR nightmare with the press and stupid statements.

Coaching is as much about what you do off the court as what you do on the court... guy has the dream team basically playing for him.

You say I am not in tune... trust me, I am a lot closer than you are too it. I won't go into detail, but everyone in the office knew what the Spoelstra hire was when it happened.

Not a big fan of Spo but he was a good coach before the big 3. In 2 years with D-Wade and a bunch of bums, he led the Heat to the 5th seed in the east and in 2009-2010 he led the heat to a 47 win season with Wade and a bunch of role players. He did more with the Heat than Mike Dantoni was able to do with Melo and Amare.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The same D-Wade that drags his leg behind him like it is full of shrapnel every time he misses a shot?

Does he cry to media about his knee like Parker been doing to the media about his hammy ever since the post game press conference on Thursday?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something tells me that if the Spurs won G4 that Parker wouldn't be making his lame injury excuses about his hammy

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should know by now. The French might get a lot of pussy, but they are pussies. :laugh3:

He is Belgium.

See Bot gets it... The Heat have a great team. I don't understand why people get so defensive when they are 100% homers.

Totally agree here, as teams fan we should be their harshest most honest critic. Blindly following debacle after management debacle is why some teams are still teams, maybe that is good, idk but I am not rooting for mediocrity when I watch pro sports I sure as hell am not going to root for mediocre management.

I have 1000x more respect for Botslayer now.

...and about to lose that respect :D , I do think Spo is a good coach now. I also do not think Riley is pulling much string but he surely has helped shaped Spo into what he is today.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also Parker is not making excuses, he is injured. By the contrast in his play from half to half it is quite clear. Pain killers wear off and sometimes they just stop working.

Wade is an excuse to me right now. HOW THE FUCK DO YOU NEED TO HAVE TO BE MOTIVATED TO PLAY IN THE NBA FINALS YOU FUCKING FUCK!!!!! Or his knee magically is better?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also Parker is not making excuses, he is injured. By the contrast in his play from half to half it is quite clear. Pain killers wear off and sometimes they just stop working.

Wade is an excuse to me right now. HOW THE FUCK DO YOU NEED TO HAVE TO BE MOTIVATED TO PLAY IN THE NBA FINALS YOU FUCKING FUCK!!!!! Or his knee magically is better?

Wade only 1 bad game to me in the finals and that was in G3. He played good in G1 and G2. In G1 he had 16 points and was well on his way to 20+ points until Spo decided to take him out for the first 6 minutes of the 4th which took him out of rhythm. As for G2 he led the Heat in the first half and wasn't needed in G2. He will have a procedure on the knee in the offseason but at least he's not talking about it everytime he's at a press conference.

BTW you should watch NBATV. The Heat defense made a big adjustment on the P&R in the 2nd half of that game.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If Wade starts off cold in Game 5 and then starts hobbling around like an old man with arthritis....

after the monster game he had in Game 4 ....

it would be some of the phoniest bullshit you'll ever see in sports.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is hard to get to 3 straight Finals no matter what players you have. The players have the most to do with it, but you can't say that Spolestra doesn't deserve some of this credit. But he is better than average and just a good coach with a great team. And the adjustments he made in game 3 was pretty impressive, even if Miller didn't do much, it affected SA and Pop's moves.

And I hate when players talk about injuries in press conferences and questioning, but if you are asked the questions why not answer how you feel. Now if a player just comes out and says it, it is different unless of course it is a very serious injury.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Spo has done a helluva job. Especially in the Finals here. Everybody said the coaching would be a big mismatch but he's held his own with Pop.

We'll see what Pops next chess move is in Game 5.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Wade starts off cold in Game 5 and then starts hobbling around like an old man with arthritis....

after the monster game he had in Game 4 ....

it would be some of the phoniest bullshit you'll ever see in sports.

I guess you haven't played sports, if you want to you can play through certain injuries or you can make excuses. Some players can, some can't. He looks a lot healthier, but all you need is one play to reaggravate that injury and you feel different.

I had a SPRAINED ankle I could barely walk on. When it started feeling better all it takes in one wrong step and you're back to 1 more week of feel uncomfortable. There is no need to fake an injury.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually think the Spurs have done well to get to the finals in spite of their limitations. Anyone would have to be living in a cave to not know that both Parker, Ginobili and Duncan have had serious health issues which is the reason Popovich sent them home instead of playing them against Miami on the second night of a back to back. Unlike D'antoni who ran Kobe into the ground, Popovich thinks about the end results and makes adjustments and is willing to take the risk of not making it there in order to preserve his players. I respect that highly. Now if both Parker and Wade were both 100% healthy, I think Miami would have a slight edge and would most likely win the series being more athletic and capable, but like Parker, Wade is no longer a younger athlete and as Charles Barkley has pointed out father time is undefeated. Wade is not 100% and getting out of that combo looked more like a fluke then it did like something that would happen two more games and in order to win this series that's what Miami will have to do.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He looks terrifying!

tiago_splitter_300x400_101020.jpg

Like someone else said. His name sounds like what the cable guy tells you he has to go get from his truck to finish your upgrade.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not that terrifying. He couldn't even dunk on Lebron. :lol:

BiffMcFly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Another truth Lebron-defenders don't like pointed out is how deep this Heat bench is. In my view one of the deepest benches in years. Battier was named an all-defensive player several times and on the U.S. Olympic team. Lebron-defenders will say Battier isn't that significant when he misses a few 3's but the fact is that Battier is one of the most experienced, better defenders in the league to have on the bench or else the Heat wouldn't be so good. It's funny just because when Battier has a bad game shooting that Lebron-defenders are quick to point out they don't need him.

When you factor in how deep this bench is with Ray Allen, Miller, etc. with the big 3 it cheapens Lebron more as a player who wins because of his team's depth more so than his own heart in the clutch. A situation he doesn't face nearly as much as the great ones before him like Bird or Jordan.

TRIPLE 777

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
THE TEAM THAT IS GOING TO BE DUNKED IN GAME 5 IS THE SPURS---
THE HEAT WINS GAME 5 --Wire to Wire---From FLAG FALL to Finish.WORD

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually think the Spurs have done well to get to the finals in spite of their limitations. Anyone would have to be living in a cave to not know that both Parker, Ginobili and Duncan have had serious health issues which is the reason Popovich sent them home instead of playing them against Miami on the second night of a back to back. Unlike D'antoni who ran Kobe into the ground, Popovich thinks about the end results and makes adjustments and is willing to take the risk of not making it there in order to preserve his players. I respect that highly. Now if both Parker and Wade were both 100% healthy, I think Miami would have a slight edge and would most likely win the series being more athletic and capable, but like Parker, Wade is no longer a younger athlete and as Charles Barkley has pointed out father time is undefeated. Wade is not 100% and getting out of that combo looked more like a fluke then it did like something that would happen two more games and in order to win this series that's what Miami will have to do.

Kobe decides when he goes in, nobody drove him into the ground. D'antoni even if he tried to stop him he wouldn't be able to and you know it. It was just a freak accident.

there WAS the story about one kid dunking on him and the film was destroyed...

I saw the video, but it was like on the side of him and it didn't look like he was putting half the effort in. But the dude had fucking hops for sure.