• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Amazon acquires NBA Media Rights, NBA still shopping other parts of deal

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you’re misreading bitterness and taking it at face value. The future of home entertainment is streaming services. Max, the streaming service that carries TNT has 75 million subscribers. Amazon has over 200 million. The fan isn’t getting punished here at all. More fans are getting access to more games. This is especially true internationally as Amazon blows away Max outside of the United States.

The market will speak. If people want to see Shaq and Barkley fuck up the names of players because they don’t do the prep work before telecasts and they want to see these guys trash the league, then ESPN or NBC will sign them.
I’m not mistaking anything, I don’t care if Barkley is bitter, he probably is. But he told the truth about the league preferring to deal with someone that might be more prone to going even higher down the road. I don’t know why saying this is the truth is an issue.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,055.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barkley doesn’t know what he’s talking about. Amazon has some 200 million subscriptions. The fan is going to have access to more games being televised in the end.
Amazon has to fix some things though. This past football season I noticed some glitchy things during the pregame show.

And during the games as well.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not mistaking anything, I don’t care if Barkley is bitter, he probably is. But he told the truth about the league preferring to deal with someone that might be more prone to going even higher down the road. I don’t know why saying this is the truth is an issue.
Because it isn’t the truth. It’s speculation on the part of a hot take artist. It’s the job of business to see change coming and adapt instead of being reactionary and having to change after the trend is already in place. This is complimentary with the league’s desires to grow the game internationally. Just by allowing Amazon to take the TNT slot the NBA increased the number of households they have access to by 225%. That’s incredibly large and much of what was gained was with international fans. If we are being real, it’s NBC that edged out TNT not Amazon. That’s why Amazon will lose their suit they’ve brought. They don’t have the infrastructure to match what Amazon offers.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amazon has to fix some things though. This past football season I noticed some glitchy things during the pregame show.

And during the games as well.
They can’t control strength of wifi and stuff.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because it isn’t the truth. It’s speculation on the part of a hot take artist. It’s the job of business to see change coming and adapt instead of being reactionary and having to change after the trend is already in place. This is complimentary with the league’s desires to grow the game internationally. Just by allowing Amazon to take the TNT slot the NBA increased the number of households they have access to by 225%. That’s incredibly large and much of what was gained was with international fans. If we are being real, it’s NBC that edged out TNT not Amazon. That’s why Amazon will lose their suit they’ve brought. They don’t have the infrastructure to match what Amazon offers.
He spoke the truth let’s see what happens in court. Anything else is just opinion.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They can’t control strength of wifi and stuff.
No they can’t but they straight up arent as good as Netflix or Max are, and that’s with the same wifi obviously. They really aren’t close yet.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,055.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree....I think Chuck is just being his usual brutally honest self.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He spoke the truth let’s see what happens in court. Anything else is just opinion.
The law suit is dead upon delivery. It has no chance. For the reasons I’ve laid out, TNT’s offer isn’t a “match” as laid out by the contract. They don’t have the infrastructure to match. They can’t provide the same access that Amazon can and that’s why they can’t possibly match.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No they can’t but they straight up arent as good as Netflix or Max are, and that’s with the same wifi obviously. They really aren’t close yet.
I’ve seen baseball and football on Prime and I haven’t noticed any of a difference in the quality of the stream. Any issues I have is local and wifi related.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,055.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve seen baseball and football on Prime and I haven’t noticed any of a difference in the quality of the stream. Any issues I have is local and wifi related.
You didn't notice the glitch where they are speaking and there mouth isn't really moving enough to match the words coming out of their mouth and like a second delay in a 1st down, FG or TD and it not registering right away?

I watch on Amazon and have the ESPN scoreboard up on my laptop and it shows on ESPN first....

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You didn't notice the glitch where they are speaking and there mouth isn't really moving enough to match the words coming out of their mouth and like a second delay in a 1st down, FG or TD and it not registering right away?

I watch on Amazon and have the ESPN scoreboard up on my laptop and it shows on ESPN first....
Nope.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The law suit is dead upon delivery. It has no chance. For the reasons I’ve laid out, TNT’s offer isn’t a “match” as laid out by the contract. They don’t have the infrastructure to match. They can’t provide the same access that Amazon can and that’s why they can’t possibly match.

I don't even think TNT thinks they can win. I think they're just hoping they can get a settlement. WBD is in the dumpster anyway with mountains of debt

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,055.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless, they fixed it.

I only watch Amazon for the football games. The wife watches it for other stuff.