• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Spurs vs Heat NBA FINALS Thread

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had a feeling. We all know how hard it is to win three straight at home in the 2-3-2 format.

The Haters should have waited til Game 5 to bet all their vcash.

That's what I'm doing.

SPURS! will win Game 5. That's where my vcash will be going, too.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those look like some mighty disappointed fans in San Antonio tonight.

They were disapopinted but stayed 100% classy to the Heat fans. I had never traveled to a Finals game before. What a great experience if anyone ever has the chance to do it. Anyway, it was great the see the Heat play with the mindset that was needed to beat a team as good as the Spurs on the road. If we bring that same mindset, we will head home Sunday up 3-2. We HAVE to be Big 3 first and the others get theirs from the trickle down effect of that. As far as coaching. Did anyone anticipate Bird not playing? I sure didn't. Spoelstra knows what he's doing. Both coaches have made adjustments after every game. As the series moves forward, it is going to come down to the best players making plays. I think James stays in attack mode the rest of the way, and Wade saw what will happen if he plays in Flash attack mode. A down as I felt after game 3, apparently they felt the same way and decided to play Heat basketball. MUST win game for the Spurs Sunday. All the pressure is on them. I don't think the Heat wants to go home having to play 2 elimination games. We go for the kill on Sunday.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly thought I would never say this. But Spoles out coached Pops last night. Spoles got Pops to matchup DWade with Tiago Splitter and Boris Diaw for parts of the game. Pops is a basketball guru. He has forgotten more than I will ever know about this game. A first ballot hall of famer. But he screwed the pooch last night.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or more frustratingly (and likely) is that Miami just attacked finally and there is not an answer for that.

Spurs still shot 50% from 3p and most of those were horrible shots. I have never hated and loved a team like I love and hate the Heat. They are Jekyll and Hyde, attack vs brick city.

MJ23

Rousey
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know what Ginobili and Duncan problem is, their old as fuck

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Tony Parker is better.

It was obvious in the second half that he could barely move.
Miami made both of their bigger runs when Parker left the game.

The worst run was when they were up 15-5..... the game could have been ended early had Parker been able to even finish the 1st quarter.

it sucked that the SPurs had to pull their best player early when the opponent was on the ropes.

Cory Joseph came in and it was turnover city and poor offense.

Parker was able to respond in the 2nd quarter on sheer emotion, but he looked like the slowest guy on the court in the 2nd half.

Pop probably should have sat him in street clothes in retrospect.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well done by the Heat last night. Spo made great adjustments and the Heat's Big 3 came to play.

Great defensive second half by the Heat. I thought the defense was good in the first half as well even with the Spurs shooting 50%. That dropped significantly in the second half and the Spurs ended up shooting 44% for the game. The Heat did a great job defending the perimeter jumpers. It seemed like the Spurs had maybe a handful of open looks. The Heat also did a great job of denying Duncan the post. Duncan couldn't get around the front and the Heat weren't allowing the pass over the top.

Wade was magnificent on the both ends of the court. Lebron was aggressive early and often. Allen gave the Heat good production of the bench. Keeping the floor spread with shooters worked. Lebron and Wade had much more room to attack the basket. They were going really early in the shot clock as well not allowing the Spurs defense to settle in.

The chess match will continue. I think game 5 is much bigger for the Spurs than the Heat. Spurs lose game 5, they're done. I don't see them winning two in Miami. I still think Miami wins the series even if they lose game 5.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The worst run was when they were up 15-5..... the game could have been ended early had Parker been able to even finish the 1st quarter.

I thought Pop should have left Parker in there. The Spurs were in a good groove and lost it when Parker came out. No way an NBA game ends in the first quarter though. 36 minutes allows plenty of time to come back in the NBA especially with an offense that can explode like the Heat's.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can end a game in the first quarter.

It happens a lot with these two teams.
It was like 2 years ago they both did it to each other in the first quarter.

The Spurs were up 10 pts.

The crowd was going bezerk......if you can stretch that to 15-18 pts, the game can be over before it starts.

Miami had sagging confidence. It would be human nature for them to mail it in had that happened. The Spurs probably would have done the same.

When Pop pulled Tony, the HEAT turned them over and got a lot of easy layups for LBJ and Wade.

Seeing the ball go through the hoop is a great tonic.

That "rest for injured Paker" in the 1st quarter was a series changing moment.

Without him on the floor, the Spurs turned it over and gave LBJ and Wade the easy baskets they needed to revive their sagging confidence.

If Parker was healthy, Pop doesn't sit him down early in the game when the SPurs are trying to land an early knockout.

It is not an excuse.

But, there is no way a team's best player gets sat down in the 1st quarter when the team is landing early haymakers to a standing 8 count.

Luckily, there is an extra day's rest to get him better.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A 15-18 point deficit after one quarter is nothing in the NBA. We've seen teams come back from bigger deficits with less time.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Pop should have left Parker in there. The Spurs were in a good groove and lost it when Parker came out. No way an NBA game ends in the first quarter though. 36 minutes allows plenty of time to come back in the NBA especially with an offense that can explode like the Heat's.

I agreed with him taking him out and not because I'm a Heat fan (although there is motive there). If he plays for a long stretch and reinjures the hamstring, or even tears it.. then the series is over. It looked to me Parker's hamstring tightened up on him at halftime. I honestly was questioned if this was a real injury or not mid way through the first. But I do think it's real.

Pops is in a bad position here. Over play him and he gets hurt.. series is over.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agreed with him taking him out and not because I'm a Heat fan (although there is motive there). If he plays for a long stretch and reinjures the hamstring, or even tears it.. then the series is over. It looked to me Parker's hamstring tightened up on him at halftime. I honestly was questioned if this was a real injury or not mid way through the first. But I do think it's real.

Pops is in a bad position here. Over play him and he gets hurt.. series is over.

That's why I thought Pop shouldn't have taken him out. If his hammy was lose and the Spurs were rolling early, why take him out then. Parker looked good. He didn't look as good once Pop took him out early and the hamstring possibly tightening up.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why I thought Pop shouldn't have taken him out. If his hammy was lose and the Spurs were rolling early, why take him out then. Parker looked good. He didn't look as good once Pop took him out early and the hamstring possibly tightening up.

now it makes since. but if he plays him and parker tears it or strains it worse say grade 2 or grade 3 from over use, then everyone is saying Pops is an idiot. it's really a bad spot to be in.

but parker did have it rolling early, that's for sure. that up step through under hand flip he banked in on the baseline around lebron was an absolutely beautiful shot... i cursed him for it.. but still a beautiful shot with an insane degree of difficulty given his speed and who was on him.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well done by the Heat last night. Spo made great adjustments and the Heat's Big 3 came to play.

Great defensive second half by the Heat. I thought the defense was good in the first half as well even with the Spurs shooting 50%. That dropped significantly in the second half and the Spurs ended up shooting 44% for the game. The Heat did a great job defending the perimeter jumpers. It seemed like the Spurs had maybe a handful of open looks. The Heat also did a great job of denying Duncan the post. Duncan couldn't get around the front and the Heat weren't allowing the pass over the top.

Wade was magnificent on the both ends of the court. Lebron was aggressive early and often. Allen gave the Heat good production of the bench. Keeping the floor spread with shooters worked. Lebron and Wade had much more room to attack the basket. They were going really early in the shot clock as well not allowing the Spurs defense to settle in.

The chess match will continue. I think game 5 is much bigger for the Spurs than the Heat. Spurs lose game 5, they're done. I don't see them winning two in Miami. I still think Miami wins the series even if they lose game 5.

:agree:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Pops made the right decision to sit Parker for a stretch, you can't risk further injury or risk te series or more importantly Parkers' career. I know it was a big game, but it is still one game and they lost him for the series it is definitely over.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I disagree. I think whoever wins Game 5 will win this thing in 7.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. It's not on Pop, it's on Ginobli and Duncan to hold the fort down until Parker is able to come back. Like I said that stretch at the end of the 3rd/beginning of the 4th quarter was what sealed the game. Ginobli and Duncan couldn't create offense, so it was up to Gary Neal and Green to launch very long 3 pointers. Another thing I forgot about(and Flauge brought it up) is why was Splitter/Diaw on Wade? Before the game started, I said on here that they'd just hide Splitter on Miller and that's what they should've done. It's not like Mike Miller can dazzle anyone wit his speed running off of a screen. That way you hide Splitter, and you have Danny Green on Wade. Definitely a RARE miscue on Pop's part.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, and I'm sticking with my prediction. They split the first 4 as I thought, SA will win game 5,Heat game 6, SA game 7.