• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Spurs vs Heat NBA FINALS Thread

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami played well, shooters came through, and they went on one of their runs. They play a dangerous game of now we're going to bounce back after losing, but it's worked so far. As for this block, let me just say this, it most certainly got me off the couch, but lets be real here, it was Tiago Splitter. It was darn good, but I was way more impressed with the block on Roy Hibbert than this one. As for the role players, relying on 3's on the road can be a dicey game, it may or may not work. On a personal note, boy I can't stand the narrative from the talking heads after each Miami game. If they lose, it's Bosh, Wade, etc. just didn't show up, if they win, it's Miami played great. I could just as easily say Ginobli,Duncan, and Parker didn't show, but imo the Heat forced that. As for the series moving forward in SA, I had them splitting the first four with SA winning game 5.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami played well, shooters came through, and they went on one of their runs. They play a dangerous game of now we're going to bounce back after losing, but it's worked so far. As for this block, let me just say this, it most certainly got me off the couch, but lets be real here, it was Tiago Splitter. It was darn good, but I was way more impressed with the block on Roy Hibbert than this one. As for the role players, relying on 3's on the road can be a dicey game, it may or may not work. On a personal note, boy I can't stand the narrative from the talking heads after each Miami game. If they lose, it's Bosh, Wade, etc. just didn't show up, if they win, it's Miami played great. I could just as easily say Ginobli,Duncan, and Parker didn't show, but imo the Heat forced that. As for the series moving forward in SA, I had them splitting the first four with SA winning game 5.

I thought Miami was efficient, except LBJ. They played their game and Lebron wasnt shootn good so he got it to the shooters. As for the Spurs tey disn't play their gane, but I thought Miami was playn tough D-double teaming on pick and rolls with Parker, contesting shots at the rim, and forcing TO's.

I think the key in the series is who has less turnovers or who forces more TO's, it helps to shoot good from the field as well.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great game last night. Heat in 5!!!! Okay just kidding.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would San Antonio have to win one more in Miami.

They win easily on the road in the playoffs as well as at home.

They do have the best road record in the playoffs (and already won in MiamI), but that is irrelevant.

They only have to win in SA (where they also have the best home record in the playoffs).

So, I don't see them having to win in Miami again as it stands today.

All this talk of needing one more in Miami ignores the math.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They do have the best road record in the playoffs (and already won in MiamI), but that is irrelevant.

They only have to win in SA (where they also have the best home record in the playoffs).

I think folks are assuming that Miami will get at least one game in San Antonio (most likely Game 4).

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is a pretty strong assumption to make in such a dismissive manner.

San Antonio has won 3 consecutive home games by a margin of of nearly 14 pt/game.
They are 7-1 in their last 8 games.
San Antonio has not lost a consecutive game in the playoffs.

Miami has lost its last 2 road games by a margin of 10.5 pts/game.
They are 4-4 overall in their last 8 games.
Miami has not won a consecutive game since the Chicago series.

Miami can win anywhere. That is a fine assertion.
But, to make some easy assumption the HEAT will win at least one time in San Antonio assume a lot.

They can do it. But, it will be exceedingly tough.
San Antonio showed they can win in Miami. The Heat have not yet shown they can win in SA.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is a pretty strong assumption to make in such a dismissive manner.

San Antonio has won 3 consecutive home games by a margin of of nearly 14 pt/game.
They are 7-1 in their last 8 games.
San Antonio has not lost a consecutive game in the playoffs.

Miami has lost its last 2 road games by a margin of 10.5 pts/game.
They are 4-4 overall in their last 8 games.
Miami has not won a consecutive game since the Chicago series.

But, to make some easy assumption the HEAT will win at least one time in San Antonio assume a lot.

San Antonio showed they can win in Miami. The Heat have not yet shown they can win in SA.

I agree. It's just pretty rare for the team with the 3 home games to sweep all 3. I think that is why some are making that assumption.

For me, it's the Spurs and with the way they stick to their game and with Pop as the coach, I'm not sure that I would bet against the Spurs sweeping the 3 games!!

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cant wait to see what Pop comes up with to counter Lebron screening on the pick and roll. How do you defend that? The person that switches is now out of position to force Lebron left and if they try and stay home the guard goes in for an easy layup.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The thing is Miami hasn't lost back-to-back games since December. So tbat is why all the talk, it is hard to win back to back even in a place like SA where they are great at home.

We will see, I am thinking SA wins 3 and 5, and the Heat steal 4. But you never know in a tight series like this.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Miami is 7-2 on the road in these playoffs.

Since 1985 0 teams not names the Miami Heat have won all 3 home games in the 2-3-2 format. I think most people assume this series is coming back to Miami. I assume Miami can win in SA and win 3 in a row there. Maybe the series doesnt come back to Miami, but for an entirely different reason than you think.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of that past stats crap don't matter. I hate hearing people quote stats.

This is the here and now. This series could go either way right now. I think Pop figures out a way to at least slow Lebron down, if not derail him completely. I still think this is going 7 games.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cant wait to see what Pop comes up with to counter Lebron screening on the pick and roll. How do you defend that? The person that switches is now out of position to force Lebron left and if they try and stay home the guard goes in for an easy layup.
Maybe Pop will hope that Joey Crawford will ref and keep calling "moving picks" on James.

Replay showed that was an awful call.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since 1985 0 teams not names the Miami Heat have won all 3 home games in the 2-3-2 format. I think most people assume this series is coming back to Miami

That is why people don't like HEAT fans.

The Miami HEAT just won last season's title by sweeping the 3 games.

It was not 1985. It was last year and it was the very team who thinks its impossible.

In fact they won both titles by sweeping the 3 games.

And yet, they assume it is impossible.

When the very team they root for did it not once (but twice) in the last 5 years.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Pop will hope that Joey Crawford will ref and keep calling "moving picks" on James.

Replay showed that was an awful call.
Thats what I was thinking earlier. They are exposing Lebron to a lot of risk for dumb fouls doing that. All it takes is for the dribbler to make his move before Lebron is set. It was a terrible call. It wasnt even close.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is why people don't like HEAT fans.

The Miami HEAT just won last season's title by sweeping the 3 games.

It was not 1985. It was last year and it was the very team who thinks its impossible.

In fact they won both titles by sweeping the 3 games.

And yet, they assume it is impossible.

When the very team they root for did it not once (but twice) in the last 5 years.
1985 is when the format was changed back to the 2-3-2 format. Flauge is saying that since they changed it to that format, the Heat is the only team to win all 3 at home.

He's not implying they did it in 1985 because the franchise didn't even exist then.

Last edited by a moderator:

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree::10: thank you for getting what i was saying. the spurs could win all 3 sure. it's just not likely as history has shown us.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The series will go back to Miami for sure. Tough to say who will be up, but these teams are too good for either to win all 3 in San Antonio.

Haters need to stop hating and start enjoying what could be the best NBA Finals we see in a long time. Both these teams are pretty awesome and yes, somebody has to lose.