• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Spurs vs Heat NBA FINALS Thread

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That explains it!! We just have a little bit different definition!!

The only role player that I consider an assassin is Horry!! Outside of him it's guys like MJ, Magic, Bird, Kobe and now Lebron.

For me, a true assassin is pretty rare!!

Definitely different definitions.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Spurs keep on playing Lebron the way they're currently playing him, the Heat shooters are going to have a field day. Miller, Chalmers, and Allen will get a ton of open looks in this series

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a difference Chalmers starts, Horry came off the bench.

Horry is clutch as shit. But the guy is an average joe.

I would chose Chal over Horry, but clutch time Horry every time!
I think "clutch" is bullshit. Just because someone made the winning shot does not make them any better. Maybe if they made a shot earlier in the game they wouldn't have had to worry about making a winning shot.

Michael Jordan said:
I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It could be 2-0 Heat if they take care of the ball in game 1 or Tony doesn't hit that clutch shot.

Hopefully it is a great series!

Spurs goal to sweep at home. Spurs don't want to go back to Miami at all!

Miami's goal is to take 1, if they take 2 it is a HUGE win.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So much for a sweep, but it really was just wishful thinking anyway. I was really hoping the Spurs could sweep the stinking Heat

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did someone just say Horry had to create for himself? Really? the ball just rolled out to him on his signature career shot. Come on. Horry was a career 7 points 5 boards 42.5% shooter... he did not create his own shot. He benefited from great players around him. Same with Chalmers. An assassin to me is a guy who can hit the big shot consistently... wether he creates it or the ball just rolls out to him.. hitting that game winner..

Not trying to argue, but I think the problem here is the difference in how we define assassin...

Craig Hodges hit huge shots back in the day... and the moment Jordan left the league.. so did Craig Hodges (not because he wanted to). John Paxon? Same thing.

To me assassins are people who are solid players who can hit big shots both (a) on their own and (b) when they are given a wide open shot. Someone like Chris Paul comes to mind...

Playing with superstars who set you up either (a) wide open or (b) with a defender on his heels trying to recover don't quality as an "assassin" for me.

Now, if Chalmers were playing on Cleveland or some other mediocre team, and still hits big shots without the benefit of 4 future hall of fame players on the floor... i will give him credit.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Spurs keep on playing Lebron the way they're currently playing him, the Heat shooters are going to have a field day. Miller, Chalmers, and Allen will get a ton of open looks in this series

if Ray Ray, Miller, and Chalmers hit their 3's ... we got this series. Pops is going to make the other guys beat him. They will live or die with that. Cant say I blame him.

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell even Lebron said he sucked offensive but his shooters stepped up. I think Lebron would rather win another championship than be dominate or whatever.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not trying to argue, but I think the problem here is the difference in how we define assassin...

Playing with superstars who set you up either (a) wide open or (b) with a defender on his heels trying to recover don't quality as an "assassin" for me.

Now, if Chalmers were playing on Cleveland or some other mediocre team, and still hits big shots without the benefit of 4 hall of fame players on the floor... i will give him credit.

We just have different definitions. I dont care how a guy got open. I dont care if he played Jordan/Wilt/Magic/ and Bird on the court all in their prime... If a guy can consistently hit that big clutch shot, he is an assassin to me. The clutch NBA shot is something some players have.. and some just dont.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think "clutch" is bullshit. Just because someone made the winning shot does not make them any better. Maybe if they made a shot earlier in the game they wouldn't have had to worry about making a winning shot.

Ok, nobody can hit em all, BUT he hit those shots in some of the biggest moments. I would go and find em but I'm lazy. If he doesn't make some of those shots, the Lakers/Rockets don't win some of those rings.

Now one play doesn't determine games, but it is still a game-winning shot.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aren't they playing the next three in SA?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Craig Hodges hit huge shots back in the day... and the moment Jordan left the league.. so did Craig Hodges (not because he wanted to). John Paxon? Same thing.

To me assassins are people who are solid players who can hit big shots both (a) on their own and (b) when they are given a wide open shot. Someone like Chris Paul comes to mind...

Now, if Chalmers were playing on Cleveland or some other mediocre team, and still hits big shots without the benefit of 4 future hall of fame players on the floor... i will give him credit.

Basically an assassin is different then clutch.

Clutch doesn't mean a solid player, assassin is consistently doing good but doesn't always mean your clutch??

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aren't they playing the next three in SA?

Yep.

Tuesday will be a perfect night for the Heat to win consecutive games for the first time since the Bulls series

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta say watching the Spurs execute on offense is a thing of beauty. The Heat literally exploded on them tonite though. Lebron ventured into Scottie Pippen land tonight. Doesnt have to shoot good or even score to dominate a game.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Role Player never travel.

If you are banking on the role players stepping up in San Antonio..... that is silly....

That has always been the case.

Heck, I think its Charles Barkley's favorite saying.

Those guys disappear on the road. That is why they are role players.

Otherwise they would be starters and star players.

If Miami wants to win in SA, it will be because of their star players.

I feel 100% confident that Chalmers, Allen, Miller, and those guys wont beat the Spurs on the road.

Now, obviously Lebron and Wade can easily do it.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Role Player never travel.

If you are banking on the role players stepping up in San Antonio..... that is silly....

That has always been the case.

Heck, I think its Charles Barkley's favorite saying.

Those guys disappear on the road. That is why they are role players.

Otherwise they would be starters and star players.

If Miami wants to win in SA, it will be because of their star players.

I feel 100% confident that Chalmers, Allen, Miller, and those guys wont beat the Spurs on the road.

Now, obviously Lebron and Wade can easily do it.

Ray Allen is a future HOF....He is not your typical role player. His game will travel. Give Ray Allen open looks all night for a 3rd straight game with double digits scoring.

BTW Mike Miller actually shot better on the road than he did at home this season

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To say role players never trouble is just a lie. So basically you're saying no role player in NBA history ever played good on the road in the playoffs? Who are you trying to fool? I do watch basketball also and I've seen role players come up big many times on the road so stop acting like all role players suck on the road

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Heat most dangerous lineup is when we have Lebron out there surrounded by Miller & Allen along with Chalmers/Wade & Bosh.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spurs got what they want.. a split in Miami.

Miami needs to take 2 of 3 in SA. tall order

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miller and Allen are giys that hit shots in their sleep, they will have a bad shooting night once in a blue moon.

That is the reason Battier is sitting. Then if Miller goes cold or Allen, Batrier could come in and get hot. They have so many different guys it is hard to stop.