• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So, Who's the moron that said the Lakers are the better-operated franchise than the Cavs?

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't worry, maybe between TWO favorite teams you can eventually get a second trip to the finals!

Since I was a Bulls fan in the 90's, does that count? Because the Bears won a SB two years before I was born, does that count? LOL

Fuck, I don't really even count the Cubs' 2016 title to my record simply because of how embarrassing it was to blow a five-game game division lead to the Brewers with a month to go last fall.

Point being, using banners to validate yourself as a fan is fucking weak. But, go right ahead and be like @ChiefsLakers67 and live your entire life in junior high.

You don't need my validation in that regard. You're in control of your own destiny.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That same cast of characters sucked last year.
They sucked without Lebron this year.

It is a false narrative to suggest Anthony Davis somehow made these guys suck because of chemistry.
No, what made them suck was LEBRON not being there.

They could have literally forced dudes on a fucking plane to sit on the runway in New Orleans for 2 days
It would not have mattered. It was the injuries not hurt feelings.

Who the fuck cares about the chemistry of random Jabroni players with years of NBA failure?
They only started to win because of Lebron, not because of some great chemistry.

You think Jordan gave two shits about the mental well being and hurt feelings of some scrub he insulted on his team.

If Lebron was healthy, they would have made the playoffs.

Agree with much of this. However, it was obvious to anyone watching regularly that the team didn't have the same chemistry after the AD thing than before.

I agree that if Lebron doesn't get hurt, they likely make the playoffs. But, if he doesn't get hurt, there may also have been no attempt to trade for AD until after the season.

Additionally, when Lebron came back, the Lakers were only 2.5 games out of the playoffs.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since I was a Bulls fan in the 90's, does that count? Because the Bears won a SB two years before I was born, does that count? LOL

Fuck, I don't really even count the Cubs' 2016 title to my record simply because of how embarrassing it was to blow a five-game game division lead to the Brewers with a month to go last fall.

Point being, using banners to validate yourself as a fan is fucking weak. But, go right ahead and be like @ChiefsLakers67 and live your entire life in junior high.

You don't need my validation in that regard. You're in control of your own destiny.

I don't need to validate myself as a fan. I have never changed favorite teams in any sport.

Ironic for you to make a "junior high" remark after making a bait thread with moron in the title...

Regardless, this thread is about better operated franchises. Since the goal is to win championships, pretty easy to argue that the Celtics and Lakers are head and shoulders above the rest of the league and have been for a LONG time.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers had success before Buss/West and will have success after.

Lakers have rarely been in position to sign top FA as their rosters are typically loaded already with drafted/traded for talent.
I guess you could say they signed Lebron. We forgot that one...probably because he was coming to LA no matter who was here (just like I wouldn't give Gilbert credit for him coming back...other than showing he will spend).

Problem, I guess, is with a 6 year rebuild they are not loaded with enough trade assets....yet.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't need to validate myself as a fan. I have never changed favorite teams in any sport.

Ironic for you to make a "junior high" remark after making a bait thread with moron in the title...

Regardless, this thread is about better operated franchises. Since the goal is to win championships, pretty easy to argue that the Celtics and Lakers are head and shoulders above the rest of the league and have been for a LONG time.
I'd say in my life I'd give them the nod, sure. The last decade or now? Only Boston still in discussion.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do get the optimism as it's LA and they have Lebron and a ton of cap room. But because Buss and west had success does not mean Magic/Pelinka will automatically be smart.

Serious question as no one comes to mind....since max contracts have been in play who is the top FA the Lakers have signed in his prime?

You mean other than their own? Or Lebron?

Although, their own is quite an impressive list.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do get the optimism as it's LA and they have Lebron and a ton of cap room. But because Buss and west had success does not mean Magic/Pelinka will automatically be smart.

Serious question as no one comes to mind....since max contracts have been in play who is the top FA the Lakers have signed in his prime?

Not even sure when those max contracts started. But to answer your question none. Since max contracts have been in play have the Lakers ever been in this rebuilding situation?

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

huh, I've been a loyal Lakers fan since '70...

guess I somehow got under your fat skin, little fella...:heh:

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I know what the thread is about, because I made it. LOL

The 90's were some great times. But because the Bulls were one of the better-run franchises back then does it means they still are today? Fuck no.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean other than their own? Or Lebron?

Although, their own is quite an impressive list.
Mentioned Lebron though I think he was coming no matter what....but he counts of course. so right now in the world of max deals, LA and the Cavs are in a dead heat with each signing Lebron as a max FA. Cavs also resigned Kyrie and Love to max deals. The Lakers?

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To YOUR record? LOLOLOL

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
huh, I've been a loyal Lakers fan since '70...

guess I somehow got under your fat skin, little fella...:heh:

You old enough to remember the '73 Finals? If so good!:D

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not even sure when those max contracts started. But to answer your question none. Since max contracts have been in play have the Lakers ever been in this rebuilding situation?
In fairness, they - like the Cavs - did sign Lebron to a max deal.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Celtics? One championship in 2008, before that the 1980s. So it's BEEN a long time for them

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mentioned Lebron though I think he was coming no matter what....but he counts of course.

I know. Saw it after I posted.

The thing that makes the "what FA's have the Lakers signed?" question kind of moot.

They usually have only needed to sign their own FA's to contend. Whether it's Kareem, Magic, Worthy, Shaq, Kobe, Pau (to name a few). They have signed plenty of top FA's.