• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So, Who's the moron that said the Lakers are the better-operated franchise than the Cavs?

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, that's right. :doh:

That would basically be everyone on the board sans for Wiggy and myself.

If having the best player in the world is the key to guaranteed titles, you would think the Lakers would be better than nine games under .500, injuries or not. I think it's safe to assume that LeBron's supporting cast during those four consecutive finals years in Cleveland had more to do with their success than most wish to believe.

And if Dan Gilbert was such a shitty owner - Why on earth would he let his young GM operate into the luxury tax on a bad basketball team for the sole purpose of stockpiling draft picks??? The fact remains that those that hate on Gilbert are fairweather fans still bitter over his 2010 post, and in fact know absolutely nothing else about the man.

Someone on RealGM put it perfectly in that the Laker dynasty days had in fact died with Dr. Buss, and all that remains are that the self-entitled fans and the media hype.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If having the best player in the world is the key to guaranteed titles, you would think the Lakers would be better than nine games under .500, injuries or not. I think it's safe to assume that LeBron's supporting cast during those four consecutive finals years in Cleveland had more to do with their success than most wish to believe.

And if Dan Gilbert was such a shitty owner - Why on earth would he let his young GM operate into the luxury tax on a bad basketball team for the sole purpose of stockpiling draft picks??? The fact remains that those that hate on Gilbert are fairweather fans still bitter over his 2010 post, and in fact know absolutely nothing else about the man.

Someone on RealGM put it perfectly in that the Laker dynasty days had in fact died with Dr. Buss, and all that remains are that the self-entitled fans and the media hype.

I think you're misinterpreting "properly run" versus set up for long term success. The Lakers are in a better position right now to compete at a higher level than the Cavs. That's just reality.

So please don't lump all people who think the Lakers are set up better to compete sooner than the Cavs as actual people who believe the Lakers franchise is run pristine.

Most people around here, if you take a close look, will not only admit to mistakes being made by the Lakers franchise but also critique them properly. It's the extreme opposites on both sides that make the argument that you're trying to make a bit murkier.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you're misinterpreting "properly run" versus set up for long term success. The Lakers are in a better position right now to compete at a higher level than the Cavs. That's just reality.

So please don't lump all people who think the Lakers are set up better to compete sooner than the Cavs as actual people who believe the Lakers franchise is run pristine.

Most people around here, if you take a close look, will not only admit to mistakes being made by the Lakers franchise but also critique them properly. It's the extreme opposites on both sides that make the argument that you're trying to make a bit murkier.

Sometimes being set up sooner, is not always better.

Honestly, i don't think the Lakers are set up to compete for a championship, just to possibly compete (so what is the point) and i don't think they are set up for long term success either.

If the Cavs land Zion...I am not sure you could even apply the sooner tbh lol

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TBF Gilbert is smarter, richer and a Trump supporter and Jeanie buss inherited her wealth and has no clue what she is doing.

I agree Gilbert got a lot of blame. I felt like Steven A was going to blame him for the lakers sucking this season. Also the Cavs players were vastly superior to anyone with a brain. They beat a 73 win team in the championship and these lakers players can't even make the playoffs!

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Most logical NBA fans realize this.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Lakers are a better run franchise.

rtfgbfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers are a better run franchise.

Magic should have stuck to running movie theaters. Lebron was going to LA with or without him, I think that's obvious.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes being set up sooner, is not always better.

Honestly, i don't think the Lakers are set up to compete for a championship, just to possibly compete (so what is the point) and i don't think they are set up for long term success either.

If the Cavs land Zion...I am not sure you could even apply the sooner tbh lol
IF the Cavs get a top 3 pick they will be in very very good shape moving forward.

If its Zion- I mean- LeBron will be counting down the days until he can return.

I am very interested in what the Cavs do next trade deadline.

They have 2 options

1. Roll over all their expiring contracts for more bad contracts and picks- like they did this year- except they will be primed to get even better assets as guys like TT, Clarkson, Henson (and maybe even Knight and Delly) should be able to all be solid role players on a playoff contender;

or

2. Let those guys expire and jump into free agency.

I am really not sure which way I would advocate. Both sides have interesting ups and downs. If they punt once again on their cap space they could without a doubt add a haul better than the one they got this summer to their future asset war chest. If they jump into free agency and "go for it" it will be a lot funner to watch the team come the following season---- but it might be premature to make that move.

I have faith that they will make the right choice. If they end up rolling it over and take on bad contracts for another year---- then that following year they will be absolutely primed--- but do we really want to have 3 bad years in a row?

I guess it depends on what pick we get- if we get Zion- I mean- its balls to the wall I would think.

If they get the 6th pick in the draft- which is a very real possibility- then maybe its roll over the cap space another year.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL at James returning to the Cavs for a 3rd time when Wiggy is saying James is going to be done the next year or 2.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF the Cavs get a top 3 pick they will be in very very good shape moving forward.

If its Zion- I mean- LeBron will be counting down the days until he can return.

I am very interested in what the Cavs do next trade deadline.

They have 2 options

1. Roll over all their expiring contracts for more bad contracts and picks- like they did this year- except they will be primed to get even better assets as guys like TT, Clarkson, Henson (and maybe even Knight and Delly) should be able to all be solid role players on a playoff contender;

or

2. Let those guys expire and jump into free agency.

I am really not sure which way I would advocate. Both sides have interesting ups and downs. If they punt once again on their cap space they could without a doubt add a haul better than the one they got this summer to their future asset war chest. If they jump into free agency and "go for it" it will be a lot funner to watch the team come the following season---- but it might be premature to make that move.

I have faith that they will make the right choice. If they end up rolling it over and take on bad contracts for another year---- then that following year they will be absolutely primed--- but do we really want to have 3 bad years in a row?

I guess it depends on what pick we get- if we get Zion- I mean- its balls to the wall I would think.

If they get the 6th pick in the draft- which is a very real possibility- then maybe its roll over the cap space another year.

Top 3 pick...Pair him with Sexton and Love

Hit free agency and go after someone like a Kemba Walker who scores like 20-25 ppg...That would be my move

Don't forget they also have 2 other first round picks and like 4 second round picks for this upcoming draft besides the lottery pick

I would pass on Lebron honestly. He is a team and coach killer, and hasn't accepted his lesser role in his older age...He probably won't in the future

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best thing about this thread is all you Lakers and Cavs fans can continue your endless dick-measuring contest here and leave the main thread out of it.

Need one for Heat vs Cavs too

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I thought that was you

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of this shitting on the Lakers who had all of those injuries. I dont know of any team in any year ever that would have made the playoffs in those circumstances. If Michael Jordan had missed 23 games, and then Pippen and then another player?

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top 3 pick...Pair him with Sexton and Love

Hit free agency and go after someone like a Kemba Walker who scores like 20-25 ppg...That would be my move

Don't forget they also have 2 other first round picks and like 4 second round picks for this upcoming draft besides the lottery pick

I would pass on Lebron honestly. He is a team and coach killer, and hasn't accepted his lesser role in his older age...He probably won't in the future

Sexton and a top 3 pick with some cap room in the next few years is definitely an upswing. But they will still be developing as Love starts getting up there. Say in two years you have solid cap space Sexton and Top 3 pick but then Love (who’s had an injury filled history) will also be 32. Not crazy old but likely to start the decline.

So it’ll be tough hoping for a lot of potential production out of Love, imo.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of this shitting on the Lakers who had all of those injuries. I dont know of any team in any year ever that would have made the playoffs in those circumstances. If Michael Jordan had missed 23 games, and then Pippen and then another player?

I don't think anyone will be mistaking Lonzo Ball for Scottie anytime soon

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best thing about this thread is all you Lakers and Cavs fans can continue your endless dick-measuring contest here and leave the main thread out of it.

Need one for Heat vs Cavs too

Totally agree. Barely post in the main thread until games are on or early in the morning due to those reasons