• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Should the Bears draft Bryce Young or CJ Stroud?

Should Da Bears trade Fields, and draft a QB?

• Yes, draft Bryce Young

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Yes, draft CJ Stroud

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • Yes, draft Will Levis

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, build around Fields

Votes: 23 74.2%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 2 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember how bad this board said Allen was before he grew.

Funny, the same folks stand on a soapbox now and DEFINE players after a season or two.
Right ler the guy develop and everyones’ timeline is not the same. Could take him longer or he could bust out but imo he has to be right mentally. You need the right coaching, work ethic, discipline, etc. but you need to be mentally strong in general to be an athlete and moreso being a NFL QB. No way right now can I say Fields does not have it.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson will never start another game without someone else being injured. And he didn’t turn the ball over at as high of a rate as Fields.

When you can’t manage to throw for 150 yards a game, you have more than a mechanics issue. It’s not like they weren’t behind and trying to play catch up.

Wasn't trying to knock Wilson. He's a future HOFer.

Should have been more clear. My point was Fields wasn't the worst passer in the league last season as you claimed.

The Bears need to stop running him so much. Led the league in fumbles. Both had 11 int's. But Wilson had 100+ more attempts.

I wouldn't be surprised if they trade JF and start all over with B. Young. But to me brining in a rookie is kind of a step backwards considering the lack of weapons on the offensive side of the ball.

On a side note for a second. BroncosNation has to be happy about Payton. And I expect RW to be 100% next season. My wife, bro & sis-n-law are all lifelong fans.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought he had an excellent game against Georgia. I know you shouldnt judge prospects on one game but thats literally the ideal game to judge a prospect on and he looked like an NFL QB
I had a lot of questions about Stroud going into that game. I was at the game, that was easily his best game of his career. Still skeptical but he really showed me a lot. I wasn’t high on him honestly

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I first saw a post on the skins board by perhaps the smartest football opinion I've seen here post his case about Fields in Washington. I think owner or new owner...Washington should do this if they had a clue.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't trying to knock Wilson. He's a future HOFer.

Should have been more clear. My point was Fields wasn't the worst passer in the league last season as you claimed.

The Bears need to stop running him so much. Led the league in fumbles. Both had 11 int's. But Wilson had 100+ more attempts.

I wouldn't be surprised if they trade JF and start all over with B. Young. But to me brining in a rookie is kind of a step backwards considering the lack of weapons on the offensive side of the ball.

On a side note for a second. BroncosNation has to be happy about Payton. And I expect RW to be 100% next season. My wife, bro & sis-n-law are all lifelong fans.
I was talking about Zach Wilson. Lil Russ will start for awhile. Team WalMart has no choice.

As bad of a pick as Z Wilson was, prolly a better investment than R Wilson, due to what was invested. Zach is easy to move on from.

I don’t understand the Payton love personally.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very long and deliberate.

Could consider always working from the stretch.
You really think this can't be corrected? This is like the poster this morning talking about one read. Shoot, five step, 3 step didn't matter when you set your right foot and pressure is there. Human / athletic response effects all of us.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really think this can't be corrected? This is like the poster this morning talking about one read. Shoot, five step, 3 step didn't matter when you set your right foot and pressure is there. Human / athletic response effects all of us.
It hasn’t been.

He’s going into his third season. And his HC is not an offensive minded guy.

So if you’re asking if I think it will change dramatically, no I sure don’t.

I do very much believe accuracy is something that can be improved upon by all quarterbacks as their careers progress. We see it from many. But his issues aren’t just with accuracy.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington should do this if they had a clue.
And this is their problem. The head coach and 75% of the skin fans think Howell is the man based on one meaningless football game...and what did EB say when being interviewed by the head coach? He's down with this.

Reminds me of Arizona's new coach saying Murray was elite. Yep, Murray has elite quickness/speed, has since Allen High School. These guys know the name of the game is get the job by telling um what they want to here. Cowboy fans have become experts towards the tell um what they want to hear part.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was talking about Zach Wilson. Lil Russ will start for awhile. Team WalMart has no choice.

As bad of a pick as Z Wilson was, prolly a better investment than R Wilson, due to what was invested. Zach is easy to move on from.

I don’t understand the Payton love personally.

Oh my bad there. Got mixed up.

I think the thing with Payton is what he was able to do with Brees. Both (RW) are similar in size. One thing for sure, at least this hire was a damn good one. Hackett, what a disaster. He had no business being a HC, reminds me of Freddie Kitchens.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It hasn’t been.

He’s going into his third season. And his HC is not an offensive minded guy.

So if you’re asking if I think it will change dramatically, no I sure don’t.
Correct...the Bears suck with QB'S. I can't explain it but all my years are the proof.

Coaching matters with most successful college QB'S.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh my bad there. Got mixed up.

I think the thing with Payton is what he was able to do with Brees. Both (RW) are similar in size. One thing for sure, at least this hire was a damn good one. Hackett, what a disaster. He had no business being a HC, reminds me of Freddie Kitchens.
Hackett prolly lasted longer than he should’ve. Which is hard to believe for a guy that didn’t make it a year. But that’s what I believe. Just way out of place in his position.

I think Brees gets screwed in the credit department. His greatness is shared with his HC more than it should.

We’ll see. SP isn’t worth what they gave to get him imo.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hackett prolly lasted longer than he should’ve. Which is hard to believe for a guy that didn’t make it a year. But that’s what I believe. Just way out of place in his position.

I think Brees gets screwed in the credit department. His greatness is shared with his HC more than it should.

We’ll see. SP isn’t worth what they gave to get him imo.

No doubt they had to give up a lot to get him. But I can see the offense being damn good next season as long as the injury bug doesn't hit key players badly.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt they had to give up a lot to get him. But I can see the offense being damn good next season as long as the injury bug doesn't hit key players badly.
They have more than enough at the skill positions to be a good offense for sure.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And this is their problem. The head coach and 75% of the skin fans think Howell is the man based on one meaningless football game...and what did EB say when being interviewed by the head coach? He's down with this.

Reminds me of Arizona's new coach saying Murray was elite. Yep, Murray has elite quickness/speed, has since Allen High School. These guys know the name of the game is get the job by telling um what they want to here. Cowboy fans have become experts towards the tell um what they want to hear part.

No 75% of Washington fans do not think Howell is "the man". They just see him as their best option going forward. Most of the reason for hope is the year before he was projected as a first round pick and Heisman candidate, then he lost his OL and weapons and it all fell apart the following year. But few are convinced he is the answer after one start.

But given what I've seen of Fields it makes more sense to roll with Howell than to spend what it would take to get Fields.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Howell showed enough in 2022 preseason to be in the mix for 2023 starter. He was very raw, but he was decisive and he had a cannon for an arm. No-one is going to give him the starting job but he ought to get every opportunity to earn it.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No 75% of Washington fans do not think Howell is "the man". They just see him as their best option going forward. Most of the reason for hope is the year before he was projected as a first round pick and Heisman candidate, then he lost his OL and weapons and it all fell apart the following year. But few are convinced he is the answer after one start.

But given what I've seen of Fields it makes more sense to roll with Howell than to spend what it would take to get Fields.
Opinions vary
Why not roll a couple years with Howell?

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howell showed enough in 2022 preseason to be in the mix for 2023 starter. He was very raw, but he was decisive and he had a cannon for an arm. No-one is going to give him the starting job but he ought to get every opportunity to earn it.
No one is going to give him the job? Guess we'll have to see the competition before we assume.