• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What to do with the #1 pick. Draft thoughts

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And was on IR when DPOY voting was done.

Everything you do sucks. Literally everything.

Dallas gave up 20.1 PPG.

The Bears scored that or better....checks notes.....8 times.

They scored that in 6 losses....change those 6 losses to wins and the Bears are 9-8.

Not to mention being better on defense can lead to scoring more on offense. But let's not infuse logic where it didn't already exist (your brain).

A 9-8 team made the playoffs in the NFC this year as a wild card.

Speaking of math sucking....

Did Dallas lose because of this defense or because their offense did next to nothing and couldn't score?

You won't answer that honestly so it's more of a rhetorical question.

A team that averaged 27.5 points per game in the regular season only scored 12.

Their defense that gave up 20.1 in the regular season gave up 19.

Yeah....let's blame the defense for this playoff loss. Because that makes total sense.

You're such a fucking idiot.

Who blamed the def......??.....putting words in peoples mouth again......

I answered your question if Dallas lost....I said yes they did,look at the score.......you didnt ask for a reason.....
But I also told you in a different thread/post that Dak is gonna Dak.....and he sure did......
Dak is not trust worthy.......Hes a Jay Cutler clone......just when you think you got yourself a qb,he pulls the rug right out from uderneath you.......
Dallas def kept a 3rd string qb(Mr.Irrelevant)at bay........congrats.

Carson Wentz was also on ir when awards were handed out,and he got votes for mvp and played in 13 games......
Hurts was injured and missed last 3 games??,Im betting he gets votes for MVP this year.......so injuries dont matter.....

Bears scored 30?? on that Dallas def.......so our offense must be great.....
Bears also beat the 9ers.......we should be in the nfccg......
Ya ok,what evs.....

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesnt matter what the score was at the end of the 3rd......Rex threw a pick six in the 4th..........He would of done the same no matter what players we were missing on def......
Harris and Brown being there changes everything. You can't say for certain Rex throws a pick 6.

Btw......did Indy have any players missing.......??
I'm sure they did. But that wasn't the question posed.

Dallas def kept a 3rd string qb(Mr.Irrelevant)at bay........congrats.
Oh now you are downplaying Purdy. When before in another thread you used Purdy as a threat to devaluing our first round pick. You can't have it both ways kid.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was an All-Pro for 3 seasons.

He was still very good in 07 after the SB year. And even at the end he was a good rotational DT that got a few sacks.

He was "effective" his entire career.

Keep spinning those broken wheels.
So that is your criteria to pick the #1 overall college player, 3 good years, then rotational

104 games for the bears, 219 tackles. I will get my calculator out to tell you that is an average of 2 tackles a game.
28.5 sacks in 104 games, thats what 1 every 3 and a half games.

Those numbers are not even good for the 14th overall pick.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So that is your criteria to pick the #1 overall college player, 3 good years, then rotational

What the fuck are you even going on about? When did I mention the pick and what they should be aiming for? I’m very specifically talking about Tommie Harris.

Holy shitballs you guys are extra stupid today.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
28.5 sacks in 104 games, thats what 1 every 3 and a half games.

For a 3-tech under tackle in a T2 system those are really good numbers. The job of the tackles in that system is to eat blockers and let the ends collapse.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harris and Brown being there changes everything. You can't say for certain Rex throws a pick 6.

I'm sure they did. But that wasn't the question posed.

Oh now you are downplaying Purdy. When before in another thread you used Purdy as a threat to devaluing our first round pick. You can't have it both ways kid.

Brown played 6 whole games that season..........So the Bears made the SB there without him nor Harris......If they were good enough to get thefe without those two and this after manhandling Drew Brees,they were good enough to beat Manning.....
And you just cant take away a pick 6 that happened........neither of those two played offense......
And why cant you add Indys injuries,you wanna add in the Bears.....cmon man.

And sorry,but Purdy,pending on how he fares in this next game and the SB if they make it,may have just sewed himself in as next seasons starter.......
Because vs Dallas he had his deer in the headlight moments......same could very well be said tomorrow.......he may have those rookie mistakes vs a very good def........I dont know....
And ya,Purdy has played very well for a 3rd string qb learning the position,7 starts now I think,and being the last pick in the draft......and have you seen the teams they played???....lets just say not good,so Dallas def was the best he seen......and not a single turnover....but we,or atleast I am,waiting for that collapse......so yes,you absolutley can have it both ways........

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you just cant take away a pick 6 that happened........neither of those two played offense......
Adding 2 significant players changes everything. Situation would have completely changed, for all you know that play that caused the pick 6 may never have been called. You just don't understand.

Again, like i said because that wasn't the question. You are exhausting.

but we,or atleast I am,waiting for that collapse......so yes,you absolutley can have it both ways........
You are not good at following.

You play up Purdy in one thread to make your argument and now you play down Purdy in this thread to make a different argument. That's what i mean by you can't have it both ways.

Sheez you are slow.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adding 2 significant players changes everything. Situation would have completely changed, for all you know that play that caused the pick 6 may never have been called. You just don't understand.

Again, like i said because that wasn't the question. You are exhausting.

You are not good at following.

You play up Purdy in one thread to make your argument and now you play down Purdy in this thread to make a different argument. That's what i mean by you can't have it both ways.

Sheez you are slow.

Areyoucryingbecauseofinjurieswhenthoseplayerswereoutformoreabhalfseasonormoreeveryteameveryyearcanplaythatsonganddancesopurdymayalreadybenextyearsstartermaybethereasonwhyireadsomewherestreylancewantsoutsoyoudontthink49erswilltradeaqbidohowsthisfastenoughforyoufiguredidbetterjustruneverythingconsecutivelytokeepupwithyourthinkingandyeswritingthisasfastasicanisexhausting..........

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Areyoucryingbecauseofinjurieswhenthoseplayerswereoutformoreabhalfseasonormoreeveryteameveryyearcanplaythatsonganddancesopurdymayalreadybenextyearsstartermaybethereasonwhyireadsomewherestreylancewantsoutsoyoudontthink49erswilltradeaqbidohowsthisfastenoughforyoufiguredidbetterjustruneverythingconsecutivelytokeepupwithyourthinkingandyeswritingthisasfastasicanisexhausting..........

person x: what is 2+2?
person b: 4
person a: not if you subtract it by 1, it’s 3!
person b: i was asked what 2+2 was
person b: but why can’t you just subtract by 1?
person a: k, bye

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the fuck are you even going on about? When did I mention the pick and what they should be aiming for? I’m very specifically talking about Tommie Harris.

Holy shitballs you guys are extra stupid today.

What am I going on about, MY ENTIRE POINT TO THE FIRST REPONSE I GAVE TO THIS FUCKING THREAD. It was all about not wasting the #1 overall on a DT.

Holy shitballs? yeah, you dont even realize what you are bitching about. Just see a post and you gotta tear it down. Talk about extra stupid.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What am I going on about, MY ENTIRE POINT TO THE FIRST REPONSE I GAVE TO THIS FUCKING THREAD. It was all about not wasting the #1 overall on a DT.

Cool. And what does that have to do with Tommie Harris’ career dumb dumb?

Let me answer for you: absolutely nothing.

You’re too stupid to stay on topic.
Holy shitballs? yeah, you dont even realize what you are bitching about. Just see a post and you gotta tear it down. Talk about extra stupid.

Tell me again about Justin Fields earrings. You crazy shithead.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brown played 6 whole games that season..........So the Bears made the SB there without him nor Harris......If they were good enough to get thefe without those two and this after manhandling Drew Brees,they were good enough to beat Manning.....

And sorry,but Purdy,pending on how he fares in this next game and the SB if they make it,may have just sewed himself in as next seasons starter.......
Because vs Dallas he had his deer in the headlight moments......same could very well be said tomorrow.......he may have those rookie mistakes vs a very good def........I dont know....
And ya,Purdy has played very well for a 3rd string qb learning the position,7 starts now I think,and being the last pick in the draft......and have you seen the teams they played???....lets just say not good,so Dallas def was the best he seen......and not a single turnover....but we,or atleast I am,waiting for that collapse......so yes,you absolutley can have it both ways........

You should just start every post with “I don’t know anything about football but….”

That way you’re leaving a disclaimer that everything you’re about to type is just total shit.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cool. And what does that have to do with Tommie Harris’ career dumb dumb?

Let me answer for you: absolutely nothing.

You’re too stupid to stay on topic.

Tell me again about Justin Fields earrings. You crazy shithead.
yeah, typical, you realize how bad you fucked up so you start with digging up crap.

The average career of a DT in the NFL is less than 3 seasons. Tommie showed he was effective for 3 seasons.

Any first round pick you are looking to get 5 years out of him.

You do not pick a DT with the first overall when history shows they have shorter career expectancy than NFL running backs.

Lets see how many times you are frazzled by this one, you know, requoting the same message three minutes apart.

You are the joke here. You can keep telling yourself you are the shit, we just dont disagree with you.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't just Tommie Harris that was out of that Super Bowl...It was also Mike Brown. If you ask a lot of Bears fans, they'll swear we would have won that game if they were both playing...and they may be right.

A HOF QB is one of the few things that can really negate a good defense. Prime Peyton Manning with Harrison/Wayne was going to score some points. Rex was a turnover machine that game so we have a mountain to climb even with Harris/Brown. So I lean towards we lose anyway....but the truth is we'll never know. Sad story.
The issue with an elite defense is if you have one or two significant injuries, the defense is ruined. That’s what happened that year. Tommie Harris would’ve been an all time great if he had not injured his knee. After that knee injury he was never the same.

Having an elite offense lead by a great QB is different. If you can protect the QB, he’s going to put points on the board one way or another.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm away from this thread for a week and it has turned into a Bears history debate. Personally, I could see the Bears moving further back in the draft ignoring both Anderson or Carter. If the Team was a player away on the D side of the ball sure. This team is rebuilding. Bears need bodies which translates to picks. Don't be surprised if the Bears end up in the middle of the first.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, typical, you realize how bad you fucked up so you start with digging up crap.

The average career of a DT in the NFL is less than 3 seasons. Tommie showed he was effective for 3 seasons.

Any first round pick you are looking to get 5 years out of him.

You do not pick a DT with the first overall when history shows they have shorter career expectancy than NFL running backs.

Lets see how many times you are frazzled by this one, you know, requoting the same message three minutes apart.

You are the joke here. You can keep telling yourself you are the shit, we just dont disagree with you.

Where are you getting data that DT's have a shorter career expectancy than RB's?

Wasn't Ndamakong Suh like a top 5 pick by the Lions over a decade ago? You know he's playing in the Super Bowl in a couple weeks.

Absolute rules just don't work when it comes to drafting nor does planning for injury (outside of if the player already has an injury history and considering that as a factor). Bears should pick the best player for their need.

I still like Anderson, more if we get him after a trade down.

Just gotta see how it goes, but I'm not sure why you would exclude considering a player because of his position outside of kicker/punter. If the player is the goods, he's the goods. Even better if he's the goods AND fills a need.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having an elite offense lead by a great QB is different. If you can protect the QB, he’s going to put points on the board one way or another.

An elite defense will not allow an offense with an elite QB to protect their QB. That’s why the defense is elite. No matter how great the QB, the universal antidote against hem is always pressure. Pressure destroys all.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An elite defense will not allow an offense with an elite QB to protect their QB. That’s why the defense is elite. No matter how great the QB, the universal antidote against hem is always pressure. Pressure destroys all.
True, but an elite defense has a lot less of a chance of staying healthy. With a qb you only have to keep 1 guy healthy. With a defense, you have to keep 11+ people healthy.

I’m guessing you’re going to be picking the Eagles in the Super Bowl?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm away from this thread for a week and it has turned into a Bears history debate. Personally, I could see the Bears moving further back in the draft ignoring both Anderson or Carter. If the Team was a player away on the D side of the ball sure. This team is rebuilding. Bears need bodies which translates to picks. Don't be surprised if the Bears end up in the middle of the first.
I do think the Bears would be able to do this if they wanted. I think the league in general is probably not too high on the talent in this years draft. As such, I do think teams will sacrifice a lot for QBs.

That said, Chicago has a ton of money and Justin Fields on year 3. I strongly suspect the Bears are going to push their chips in on competing this year but Im not a Bears fan so maybe you're seeing it differently.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but an elite defense has a lot less of a chance of staying healthy. With a qb you only have to keep 1 guy healthy. With a defense, you have to keep 11+ people healthy.

I’m guessing you’re going to be picking the Eagles in the Super Bowl?

true, kind of. There are 5 guys in front of the QB you need to keep healthy too. Losing WRs can make your QB wait longer. Losing RBs could mean less protection and dump offs. All trickles down.

yes, I will be putting my money on the eagles. I like their D better and their secondary strength plays better against KC. You?