• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What to do with the #1 pick. Draft thoughts

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently, some bodies do... It is being reported Poles phone hasn't stopped ringing.

Crazy Irsay of the Colts will do whatever it takes to land Young. That is my guess. He'll give up the farm, anything short of that Poles didn't do his job.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks to me SF has 3 qbs........what are they gonna do with all three......??

Trey Lance......he never got a shot at all this season to showcase what he can do....
Purdy......hes playing lights out.....If he makes to the SB playing the way he has,is he next years starter......?
Garrapolo........was the starter,does he get it back after losing it to Lance,or does Purdy start.....

One of them are definetly gone to a one of the top teams needing qb this year without having to give a ton of picks.......

Lamaar Jackson......Ravens gonna keep him.....?....theres bad blood there.

One of these teams would take Lamaar:
Hou
Indy
Atl
Sea(possibly)
Only problem with Lamaar,is hes gonna cost,but is proven.......

The other teams could knock on SFs door and give up less for one of the three and wont command all that draft capital.......

Those qbs can weigh heavily on our attempts to trade down......

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trey Lance......he never got a shot at all this season to showcase what he can do....
Purdy......hes playing lights out.....If he makes to the SB playing the way he has,is he next years starter......?
Garrapolo........was the starter,does he get it back after losing it to Lance,or does Purdy start.....

One of them are definetly gone to a one of the top teams needing qb this year without having to give a ton of picks.......

Trey Lance is still the guy there.
Purdy is a nice story but come on. No one thinks he's the next guy.
Garapolo is the same guy he was before the season. Nothing special, needs a lot talent around him and he's just okay.

There's no smoke here.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lamar will be expensive whereever he goes. He'll demand a big contract. Not sure if you're a rebuilding team, you'll want to invest that much cash on one guy right off the bat.

Bryce Young remains the most attractive target for rebuilding teams needing a QB

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trey Lance is still the guy there.
Purdy is a nice story but come on. No one thinks he's the next guy.
Garapolo is the same guy he was before the season. Nothing special, needs a lot talent around him and he's just okay.

There's no smoke here.

Although Ill agree wit you,dont tell me someone wont take one of those guys.....Seattle has a decent offense that could take Garropollo over Geno.....
Where does Carr go if LV decides not to keep him......??
And if Purdy keeps up withe pace hes going,he another one that dont tell me a team wont take a flyer on......

So I wouldnt say no smoke.......

And with other than hearing about it here Ive also heard about the better qbs coming out next year,they may not wanna give up a lot for the very first pick.....

Last edited:

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although Ill agree wit you,dont tell me someone wont take one of those guys.....Seattle has a decent offense that could take Garropollo over Geno.....
Where does Carr go if LV decides not to keep him......??
And if Purdy keeps up withe pace hes going,he another one that dont tell me a team wont take a flyer on......

So I wouldnt say no smoke.......

And with other than hearing about it here Ive also heard about the better qbs coming out next year,they may not wanna give up a lot for the very first pick.....

would you rather have Bryce Young over Garapolo or Carr? Exactly. Everyone’s first choice will be Young. Those other guys wont threaten the number one pick. There is no smoke.

trading down and getting Carter or Anderson is the move.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
would you rather have Bryce Young over Garapolo or Carr? Exactly. Everyone’s first choice will be Young. Those other guys wont threaten the number one pick. There is no smoke.

trading down and getting Carter or Anderson is the move.

Or Lamaar.........I could see the Colts making him an offer.....They already have a decent def with an already inplace offensive weapons.....Colts would be the team you think of trading down with,they need qb,but do they want the umproven out there to run it when Lamaar could be the guy......maybe the Colts dont have the cap to do it,but its still a scenatio.....

As far as the other qbs,theyre gonna be playing for a team needing a qb anyways.......I can also see Garroplol going to the Seahawks.....

And for some reason,I just dont believe the Texans will wanna part with the 2nd pick with us,because we would want the other no.1 as well.....just dont see Houston doing that to move up one spot......

And your last sentence......I agree with the first half of it......not the 2nd half.....and Im not gonna reply to any of thatt on this thread just to clog it up with the same arguement as the laet one.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or Lamaar.........I could see the Colts making him an offer.....They already have a decent def with an already inplace offensive weapons.....Colts would be the team you think of trading down with,they need qb,but do they want the umproven out there to run it when Lamaar could be the guy......maybe the Colts dont have the cap to do it,but its still a scenatio.....

As far as the other qbs,theyre gonna be playing for a team needing a qb anyways.......I can also see Garroplol going to the Seahawks.....

And for some reason,I just dont believe the Texans will wanna part with the 2nd pick with us,because we would want the other no.1 as well.....just dont see Houston doing that to move up one spot......

And your last sentence......I agree with the first half of it......not the 2nd half.....and Im not gonna reply to any of thatt on this thread just to clog it up with the same arguement as the laet one.

Sure. Indy could opt to get Lamar. Yeah. So? Never said otherwise.

Sure. Everything could fall just like you say and we wouldn’t have a trade partner to trade down. What is your point?

You just proved anything is possible. Congrats.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if we can’t trade down. What do you suppose we do then? Draft an oline or wr right? Because who cares about defense or reaching severely right? With all those stats about how you only need offense, you would be the biggest bonehead in the world.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a huge college football guy...but I've took a much better look recently at both Carter and Anderson (videos etc)...and I know a stud DT is game-changing...but if I was given the choice...I'd take Anderson...That dude is insane. Good Lord.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if we can’t trade down. What do you suppose we do then? Draft an oline or wr right? Because who cares about defense or reaching severely right? With all those stats about how you only need offense, you would be the biggest bonehead in the world.

Whaddya mean if we cant trade down.....there will be teams wanting to trade up to the no.1......who,not sure......will it be a team that is high enough to where you can still draft one of YOUR two guys remains to be seen........just throwin it out there....read it the way you want to is fine......

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a huge college football guy...but I've took a much better look recently at both Carter and Anderson (videos etc)...and I know a stud DT is game-changing...but if I was given the choice...I'd take Anderson...That dude is insane. Good Lord.

A game changer as in how......??

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A game changer as in how......??

A stud DT isn't a game changer? Akiem Hicks and prime Tommie Harris...Hell Keith Traylor and Ted Washington would like to have a word with you...

I'm just saying: If Jalen Carter is the next Warren Sapp type impact player, we're obviously in good shape taking him...but goddamn does Will Anderson look the part of a superstar in the making. Looks aren't everything, though...Well, until Chase Claypool has 1500 yards receiving in 2023 that is...

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A stud DT isn't a game changer? Akiem Hicks and prime Tommie Harris...Hell Keith Traylor and Ted Washington would like to have a word with you...

I'm just saying: If Jalen Carter is the next Warren Sapp type impact player, we're obviously in good shape taking him...but goddamn does Will Anderson look the part of a superstar in the making. Looks aren't everything, though...Well, until Chase Claypool has 1500 yards receiving in 2023 that is...

Ya,those Bears dlineman were good,but not game changers......

Warren Sapp.....??....man I hated that guy......you couldve atleast said Aaron Donald.....lol

If Carters the next Aaron Donald type player,Ill take it.......Sapp,god no......I always thought of him as a dirty player myself.....

And CC.....hes not sniffing 500 yds.....

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya,those Bears dlineman were good,but not game changers......

Tommie Harris wrecked games all by himself preinjury. Hicks could change a teams gameplan with how good he was against the run when he was at his best.

When Traylor and Washington were in the middle you literally couldn't run up the gut against the Bears. That's not game changing?

Please stop commenting on stuff you don't understand. It's embarrassing.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tommie Harris wrecked games all by himself preinjury. Hicks could change a teams gameplan with how good he was against the run when he was at his best.

When Traylor and Washington were in the middle you literally couldn't run up the gut against the Bears. That's not game changing?

Please stop commenting on stuff you don't understand. It's embarrassing.

Lmao.....ya,they brought us SBs......ya,theyre HOF material.....they were just good.....

Ya,Harris beat the Colts all by him lonesome.......oh thats right we lost......just like your take.

You know nothing.....

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lmao.....ya,they brought us SBs......ya,theyre HOF material.....they were just good.....

So....only great players win SBs?

That's what you wanna go with?

Need a minute to think about it? I'd take a few if I were you.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For fucks sake....if there were an IQ test required to post here this place would be awfully quiet.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pre injury Tommie Harris was on his was to a DPOY award in 05/06 when he got hurt and was never the same after coming back. He had the absolute quickest twitch off the snap that I have ever personally seen. He even quite literally got in the backfield against the Chargers once and got his hand on the football post snap before the QB did....without drawing an offside flag. That's how quick he was. He was strong and always driving forward. Without the knee injuries he had at least on DPOY in him and maybe a couple. And he absolutely wrecked the interior of offensive lines. Complete game changer....in every aspect of the phrase.

But what do I know? Today I learned only great players win SBs. Can't wait until Marino, Sanders, Bruce Smith, Butkus, Moss, Deacon Jones, and Merlin Olson find out.