• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What to do with the #1 pick. Draft thoughts

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pre injury Tommie Harris was on his was to a DPOY award in 05/06 when he got hurt and was never the same after coming back. He had the absolute quickest twitch off the snap that I have ever personally seen. He even quite literally got in the backfield against the Chargers once and got his hand on the football post snap before the QB did....without drawing an offside flag. That's how quick he was. He was strong and always driving forward. Without the knee injuries he had at least on DPOY in him and maybe a couple. And he absolutely wrecked the interior of offensive lines. Complete game changer....in every aspect of the phrase.

But what do I know? Today I learned only great players win SBs. Can't wait until Marino, Sanders, Bruce Smith, Butkus, Moss, Deacon Jones, and Merlin Olson find out.

Tommy Harris never had one dpoy year vote.....so he was not on his way to to win the award.....Urlacher actually had votes.....
Julius Peppers acutally had dpoy votes by playing i only 12 games.....so dont give me the injury excuse.....TH was good good,not great.....

Also if youre hinging your hopes on us drafting the next Harris or Johnson with the first pick in the draft......thats a loss......
If youre looking for the gamechanger,then Id hope for an Aaron McDonald,Reggie Whire,JJ Watt type of players....and even Lawrence Taylor.......

But hey,you can tell your story to to Readers Digest......cause no one is buying Harris and Tank as top notch game changers......a

Oh,and dont forget to tell them if the Bears had the Cowboys def this year,we woiuld be in the playoffs.....lmao

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tommy Harris never had one dpoy year vote.....so he was not on his way to to win the award.....Urlacher actually had votes.....
Julius Peppers acutally had dpoy votes by playing i only 12 games.....so dont give me the injury excuse.....TH was good good,not great.....

Also if youre hinging your hopes on us drafting the next Harris or Johnson with the first pick in the draft......thats a loss......
If youre looking for the gamechanger,then Id hope for an Aaron McDonald,Reggie Whire,JJ Watt type of players....and even Lawrence Taylor.......

But hey,you can tell your story to to Readers Digest......cause no one is buying Harris and Tank as top notch game changers......a

Oh,and dont forget to tell them if the Bears had the Cowboys def this year,we woiuld be in the playoffs.....lmao
Tommie Harris is the definition of the life span of a DT in the NFL being under 3 years. That is my biggest fear of going Carter 1. He is not Aaron Donald unless he decides to lose 30-40 pounds, then what kind of player is he going to be? Same story with drafting Anderson and not having him play at 245 but 275 where the 4-3 DE's are supposed to be.

If Everfluke has a plan to use Anderson like Quinn uses Parsons than I am all in, but we already saw them pay Mack to play elsewhere because he was not going to fit the system. That is a great player in Mack, if he did not do it for him, he wont do it for a rookie.

Saw a mock yesterday where the teams are going to be so QB hungry that Anderson could fall to 4 so the indy pick could be enough, plus next years indy pick, and swapping second rounders to get back up closer to where we were with the Pool trade and another third I believe.

Something I did not bring up yet to fuel the haters is I wonder if Poles ever won any fantasy football leagues, because this is going to define his tenure here. I cannot see our biggest needs being answered by choosing 1 and still think the colts want Levis and he will be the best QB out of this draft.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tommie Harris is the definition of the life span of a DT in the NFL being under 3 years. That is my biggest fear of going Carter 1. He is not Aaron Donald unless he decides to lose 30-40 pounds, then what kind of player is he going to be? Same story with drafting Anderson and not having him play at 245 but 275 where the 4-3 DE's are supposed to be.

If Everfluke has a plan to use Anderson like Quinn uses Parsons than I am all in, but we already saw them pay Mack to play elsewhere because he was not going to fit the system. That is a great player in Mack, if he did not do it for him, he wont do it for a rookie.

Saw a mock yesterday where the teams are going to be so QB hungry that Anderson could fall to 4 so the indy pick could be enough, plus next years indy pick, and swapping second rounders to get back up closer to where we were with the Pool trade and another third I believe.

Something I did not bring up yet to fuel the haters is I wonder if Poles ever won any fantasy football leagues, because this is going to define his tenure here. I cannot see our biggest needs being answered by choosing 1 and still think the colts want Levis and he will be the best QB out of this draft.

Everfluke? That sour on him already?

Mack never played for Eberflus.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People have short memory here. Tommie Harris when healthy was a bonafide STUD. Among the best DTs in the game at the time.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When you get injured halfway through the season...you don't really get votes.

They would have been.

49ers scored 19 points....do you think that's why the Cowboys lost?

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't just Tommie Harris that was out of that Super Bowl...It was also Mike Brown. If you ask a lot of Bears fans, they'll swear we would have won that game if they were both playing...and they may be right.

A HOF QB is one of the few things that can really negate a good defense. Prime Peyton Manning with Harrison/Wayne was going to score some points. Rex was a turnover machine that game so we have a mountain to climb even with Harris/Brown. So I lean towards we lose anyway....but the truth is we'll never know. Sad story.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't just Tommie Harris that was out of that Super Bowl...It was also Mike Brown. If you ask a lot of Bears fans, they'll swear we would have won that game if they were both playing...and they may be right.

A HOF QB is one of the few things that can really negate a good defense. Prime Peyton Manning with Harrison/Wayne was going to score some points. Rex was a turnover machine that game so we have a mountain to climb even with Harris/Brown. So I lean towards we lose anyway....but the truth is we'll never know. Sad story.

we lost 29-17. The score was 22-17 at the end of the 3rd Qtr. A healthy Tommie Harris and Mike Brown—our best lineman and best secondary man certainly would have made a huge difference. IMO we win that game with both of them.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we lost 29-17. The score was 22-17 at the end of the 3rd Qtr. A healthy Tommie Harris and Mike Brown—our best lineman and best secondary man certainly would have made a huge difference. IMO we win that game with both of them.

I think that's certainly a fair viewpoint...but if you ask a Colts fan you'll get the opposite and if you ask most any other NFL fan outside of the two fanbases they'll reply "Rex Grossman lolololol."

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably just draft Anderson... the Bears were one of the worst pass rushing teams in the league last year. Carter has some motivational concerns but could also be an option. Either way the Bears have to get better on defense.

Sadly for Fields (who I think did quite decent this year) there's not a lot of talent available at the offensive position. Robinson at #1 would be a joke.... so yah, you're kind of stuck with it. And nobody is trading up to the #1 overall to grab Midget #2 (reference to Murray) or Stroud.

Anderson has the Von Miller potential, I think ya gotta snag it and pray.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everfluke? That sour on him already?

Mack never played for Eberflus.
I know, they did not even want him around. To me they either thought he was done or there was no way that there would be a plan to adjust the everfluke defense (that got him hired) to cater to the talents of a superstar. Which is why I highly doubt there would be a plan to utilize anderson like Parsons. There would be more of a McClellan path of getting him cheeseburgers to get him to 275,

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you get injured halfway through the season...you don't really get votes.

They would have been.

49ers scored 19 points....do you think that's why the Cowboys lost?

Uh,Harris played in 12 games,thats 3/4s of a season.....looks like your math sucks too.....

No,the Bears would not of been in the playoffs....we never scored what Dallas gave up.......

Lol.....Dallas couldnt beat a 9ers team led by a 3rd string Mr.Irrelevant qb,but can beat a 45 yr old man that threw 66 times cause of a non-existant rushing offense.......that was an easy call......

And yes,the 9ers scored 19 and Dallas scored less.....thats how it works in sports.....

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dont forget they even had a pretty darn good te in Dallas Clark too.....they had offense all the way around.......

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Damn,forgot about Mike Brown.....loved that guy.

Doesnt matter what the score was at the end of the 3rd......Rex threw a pick six in the 4th..........He would of done the same no matter what players we were missing on def......

Btw......did Indy have any players missing.......??

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thanks yoda, he was effective for 2 1/2 seasons.

He was an All-Pro for 3 seasons.

He was still very good in 07 after the SB year. And even at the end he was a good rotational DT that got a few sacks.

He was "effective" his entire career.

Keep spinning those broken wheels.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh,Harris played in 12 games,thats 3/4s of a season.....looks like your math sucks too.....

And was on IR when DPOY voting was done.

Everything you do sucks. Literally everything.
No,the Bears would not of been in the playoffs....we never scored what Dallas gave up.......

Dallas gave up 20.1 PPG.

The Bears scored that or better....checks notes.....8 times.

They scored that in 6 losses....change those 6 losses to wins and the Bears are 9-8.

Not to mention being better on defense can lead to scoring more on offense. But let's not infuse logic where it didn't already exist (your brain).

A 9-8 team made the playoffs in the NFC this year as a wild card.

Speaking of math sucking....
Lol.....Dallas couldnt beat a 9ers team led by a 3rd string Mr.Irrelevant qb,but can beat a 45 yr old man that threw 66 times cause of a non-existant rushing offense.......that was an easy call......

Did Dallas lose because of this defense or because their offense did next to nothing and couldn't score?

You won't answer that honestly so it's more of a rhetorical question.
And yes,the 9ers scored 19 and Dallas scored less.....thats how it works in sports.....

A team that averaged 27.5 points per game in the regular season only scored 12.

Their defense that gave up 20.1 in the regular season gave up 19.

Yeah....let's blame the defense for this playoff loss. Because that makes total sense.

You're such a fucking idiot.