• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Should the Bears draft Bryce Young or CJ Stroud?

Should Da Bears trade Fields, and draft a QB?

• Yes, draft Bryce Young

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Yes, draft CJ Stroud

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • Yes, draft Will Levis

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, build around Fields

Votes: 23 74.2%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 2 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle looks like they're in a good spot to trade up for midget #2.
And that midget seems to have all the qualities you want in a QB. He’s a better prospect than Murray as a pure passer. He is calm in the pocket…just his size. Not sold on him being a given franchise QB but I do see him as #1 in this class over Stroud

Last edited:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is why its bad unless they cave and take Levis, since he is the most ready right now. Stroud is leaving a sophomore, so you are buying him for 2024 or 2025 and should not take a single snap this upcoming season, which is hard to do with the first overall pick.
That is why Richardson is such an intriguing choice later. Get your defenders up top, take Richardson later, giving Fields two years to prove he is the guy. Either way, our bear fanbase who all turned into fanbois will be screaming to play the new guy.
Richardson might not be ready in two or any time. He is a toss-up and I don’t see his potential as high as others.
Stroud is a project but not as much as Fields was coming into the league. He has problems staying the pocket, which is one of his weaknesses. Stay with Fields and I do agree getting a backup in this draft could he an option but not Richardson. Plus I think he is projected late 1st so I don’t see that as realistic especially if you are trying to surround Fields with more talent. Help him as much as you can getting him weapons and build the OL, in the draft and FA. I would trade back to acquire more picks or take Anderson @1

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Richardson might not be ready in two or any time. He is a toss-up and I don’t see his potential as high as others.
Stroud is a project but not as much as Fields was coming into the league. He has problems staying the pocket, which is one of his weaknesses. Stay with Fields and I do agree getting a backup in this draft could he an option but not Richardson. Plus I think he is projected late 1st so I don’t see that as realistic especially if you are trying to surround Fields with more talent. Help him as much as you can getting him weapons and build the OL, in the draft and FA. I would trade back to acquire more picks or take Anderson @1
Richardson easily has the highest ceiling, but he is also the lowest floor.

Stroud is slightly more mobile Jared Goff

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Richardson easily has the highest ceiling, but he is also the lowest floor.

Stroud is slightly more mobile Jared Goff
Not higher than Young but the rest I can agree. The experts have been saying that forever, I remember him coming out of H.S. Didn’t fulfill expectations at Florduh too. Definitely a risk

The Stroud-Goff comparison is a good one.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not higher than Young but the rest I can agree. The experts have been saying that forever, I remember him coming out of H.S. Didn’t fulfill expectations at Florduh too. Definitely a risk

The Stroud-Goff comparison is a good one.
Richardson needs to go somewhere where he is not needed to play for 3 years. Those 3 years the team needs a qb whisperer to spend every waking hour with him.

It is a tough sale because using a 1st and then not playing him for almost his entire rookie contract defeats the value of a 1st round qb. If he gets good in his mechanics though? That team is set.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Richardson needs to go somewhere where he is not needed to play for 3 years. Those 3 years the team needs a qb whisperer to spend every waking hour with him.

It is a tough sale because using a 1st and then not playing him for almost his entire rookie contract defeats the value of a 1st round qb. If he gets good in his mechanics though? That team is set.
Then for me, he’s a non take if I project he needs 3 years of development. I’m more than likely developing for someone else. I can give a first round rookie QB one year to watch, learn, and develop. If I project more time than that needed then I’m out. I need to get the benefit of a cheap rookie QB so I can round out my roster with studs to surround my developmental QB with talent to protect his development and give me a good assessment on the second contract. I’m comfortable saying that I don’t get my real prospect until year 3 or 4. But I need him on the field in year 2. The best way to develop is through playing.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then for me, he’s a non take if I project he needs 3 years of development. I’m more than likely developing for someone else. I can give a first round rookie QB one year to watch, learn, and develop. If I project more time than that needed then I’m out. I need to get the benefit of a cheap rookie QB so I can round out my roster with studs to surround my developmental QB with talent to protect his development and give me a good assessment on the second contract. I’m comfortable saying that I don’t get my real prospect until year 3 or 4. But I need him on the field in year 2. The best way to develop is through playing.
I agree, butbRichardson will likely end up going top 15, and if he is playing after year 1 I would put money he does not work out.

I don't want the Lions to draft him, but if they did I would still homer myself into believing in 3 years magic will happen.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, butbRichardson will likely end up going top 15, and if he is playing after year 1 I would put money he does not work out.

I don't want the Lions to draft him, but if they did I would still homer myself into believing in 3 years magic will happen.
How many years does Goff have left on his deal?

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see ravens taking him to replace “Blee Dat” after being tagged this season

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many years does Goff have left on his deal?
What is interesting is the Lions are almost the ideal team to take Richardson. Very good oline, solid pieces all around to help him succeed. QB in place to help mentor.

Yet the offense is already good enough to compete, the defense is terrible. So by doing that over taking D help all over the draft they are announcing they are destroying all momentum on the prayer that Richardson hits his potential.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2, but he could be waived at anytime for huge cap savings. I would not be surprised to see an extension instead.
Tough call. He’s been an important piece on a Super Bowl team. It’s a really tough eval that has to be done on the back of last year because you figure this is the draft to look QB if that’s in the long term outlook.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is interesting is the Lions are almost the ideal team to take Richardson. Very good oline, solid pieces all around to help him succeed. QB in place to help mentor.

Yet the offense is already good enough to compete, the defense is terrible. So by doing that over taking D help all over the draft they are announcing they are destroying all momentum on the prayer that Richardson hits his potential.
And defense you can only fake so much with scheme. Defense comes down to the talent being legit. It’s a tough dilemma. Personally, I would draft defense.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough call. He’s been an important piece on a Super Bowl team. It’s a really tough eval that has to be done on the back of last year because you figure this is the draft to look QB if that’s in the long term outlook.
Goff was very good this year, looking back at it the only period where he underperformed is when he had the feud with the McVay. He is still only 28, I would be happy to run with Goff for the next 8 years as long as his cap hit maintains the area it is in now.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goff was very good this year, looking back at it the only period where he underperformed is when he had the feud with the McVay. He is still only 28, I would be happy to run with Goff for the next 8 years as long as his cap hit maintains the area it is in now.
Additionally, the QB you have and know is almost always a better option than the projection. That kind of certainty comes with high value even if Goff doesn’t project to be a top 5 guy.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just as shocked at how many people label him trash after 588 NFL passes and 91 counted sacks.

It’s not that we label him trash. He’ll likely be a starter for a long time in this league. Just not a great one. You have to squint pretty god damn hard to project Fields a couple of years down the road as even an average NFL passer. He has likely already shown us what he is….a great running QB with well below average ability to pass the football.

I just wouldn’t want him as my starting QB if my dream job of being an NFL GM depended on it…..especially if I am holding the #1 overall pick and can pick a top QB prospect to replace him. AND still trade Fields for more picks to help rebuild my team.

Now if Indy came out and offered me 5 or 6 1st and 2nd round picks for the rights to the overall #1 pick, I would probably ride with Fields. But anything short of an RGIII like offer for the #1 overall, I move on.

The question here really isn’t trade Fields and draft a QB. The question is who has the best chance of being a top NFL QB 2-3 years from now. And if I am answering that question, I say Young over Fields. And that is the reason I would move on in all likelihood as I doubt any team makes Chicago a crazy offer for the #1 overall pick.

Last edited:

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s not that we label him trash. He’ll likely be a starter for a long time in this league. Just not a great one. You have to squint pretty god damn hard to project Fields a couple of years down the road as even an average NFL passer.
starter for a long time but hard to project even as an average NFL passer??

did you read this as you typed it?

Opinions vary but I have to ask this question.
how many "great" QB's have you seen in your lifetime?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I hate when teams take a project QB in the 1st round...not a one year and start project but you know he won't be ready for multiple years. That is a 2nd or 3rd round pick imo. I mean look at the Packers, Love will be starting in year 3. Instead of taking a weapon for Rodgers they take a QB that never saw the field. Not a good strategy for a team trying to contend now. Even worse if that player ends of being a bust...we will see with Love.