• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What to do with the #1 pick. Draft thoughts

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
true, kind of. There are 5 guys in front of the QB you need to keep healthy too. Losing WRs can make your QB wait longer. Losing RBs could mean less protection and dump offs. All trickles down.

yes, I will be putting my money on the eagles. I like their D better and their secondary strength plays better against KC. You?
I want KC to win, but I just don’t see it. The eagles DLine is way too good.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do think the Bears would be able to do this if they wanted. I think the league in general is probably not too high on the talent in this years draft. As such, I do think teams will sacrifice a lot for QBs.

That said, Chicago has a ton of money and Justin Fields on year 3. I strongly suspect the Bears are going to push their chips in on competing this year but Im not a Bears fan so maybe you're seeing it differently.
I'm uncertain how many picks the Bears are looking for in this years draft v. next years draft. A lot will depend on what veteran QB's end up where as well. Colts and Texans in the same division could prove interesting trade wise. My hope, they want 2 different QB's and are fearful the Bears will give away 1 of the 2 to a team like the Panthers. Houston may be forced to move up, then the Colts the same for fear of losing out if Houston grabs a QB that was their second choice. Like you said, the draft is not as good in certain positions. QB being one of them.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the priority in the draft is to get Houston’s first this year and next year. If we can do that, we could be sitting in the same spot next year with the number 1 pick. Houston is a dumpster fire.

I’m not too sure they would do that though.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but an elite defense has a lot less of a chance of staying healthy. With a qb you only have to keep 1 guy healthy. With a defense, you have to keep 11+ people healthy.

I’m guessing you’re going to be picking the Eagles in the Super Bowl?

So keeping your offensive line healthy isn’t a concern?

Just the QB?

Dropped in wondering if anyone has said anything stupid lately….and wasn’t disappointed.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, typical, you realize how bad you fucked up so you start with digging up crap.

The average career of a DT in the NFL is less than 3 seasons. Tommie showed he was effective for 3 seasons.

Any first round pick you are looking to get 5 years out of him.

You do not pick a DT with the first overall when history shows they have shorter career expectancy than NFL running backs.

Lets see how many times you are frazzled by this one, you know, requoting the same message three minutes apart.

You are the joke here. You can keep telling yourself you are the shit, we just dont disagree with you.

Literally too stupid for words. DTs don’t have shorter careers than RBs. That’s just more shit you made up.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Literally too stupid for words. DTs don’t have shorter careers than RBs. That’s just more shit you made up.
why do you keep bringing up running backs? Are you going to take a running back #1 in the draft? Is there an option to take a running back first? No? Well nobody has taken a DT first either.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why do you keep bringing up running backs? Are you going to take a running back #1 in the draft? Is there an option to take a running back first? No? Well nobody has taken a DT first either.

Hey chucko….you brought up RBs. I was responding to what YOU said. And that was the first time I mentioned RBs.

Do you even know how a conversation works?

And yes there have been DTs selected first in the draft. You’d think in the age of Google it would be impossible for people to post something that is so blatantly untrue….but you simply defy all logic and intelligence, don’t you?

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say I love the pattern where you say something stupid and when you’re called out on it you simply ignore it and move on to something else….even accusing the person you’re conversing with of having originally brought up the first idea.

It’s an interesting debate tactic. Completely dumb and it’s never gonna be effective on anyone over the age of 5. But it’s certainly interesting.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the icing on the cake is one google search proves running backs on average have a much shorter career than DTs.

In fact after kickers and QBs only offensive lineman have longer careers than defensive linemen. DTs outlast receivers and tight ends, on average.

So….you know….lol.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey chucko….you brought up RBs. I was responding to what YOU said. And that was the first time I mentioned RBs.

Do you even know how a conversation works?

And yes there have been DTs selected first in the draft. You’d think in the age of Google it would be impossible for people to post something that is so blatantly untrue….but you simply defy all logic and intelligence, don’t you?
I will say I love the pattern where you say something stupid and when you’re called out on it you simply ignore it and move on to something else….even accusing the person you’re conversing with of having originally brought up the first idea.

It’s an interesting debate tactic. Completely dumb and it’s never gonna be effective on anyone over the age of 5. But it’s certainly interesting.

And the icing on the cake is one google search proves running backs on average have a much shorter career than DTs.

In fact after kickers and QBs only offensive lineman have longer careers than defensive linemen. DTs outlast receivers and tight ends, on average.

So….you know….lol.
Move on? Who is moving on? This is a win for me, three rapid fire posts to show everyone here how desperate you are for attention. This is supposed to be a discussion forum, not people in line to get ridiculed by the main douche like you.

Do you ever put an opinion out here? no, just think it is your job to answer everyone's questions?

I made a point, you did not understand it, its time for you to move on. You are really making yourself look bad....

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a win for me,

The quote feature confuses you.

You think defensive tackles have shorter careers than running backs.

You can’t stay on topic to save your life.

What exactly did you win?

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you ever put an opinion out here? no, just think it is your job to answer everyone's questions?

I gave my opinion specifically here on Tommie Harris’ career which you very incorrectly, and retardedly, translated to me saying the Bears had to draft a DT #1.

Thanks for, yet again, proving you comprehend as well as a deaf guy listening to the radio.