• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Should the Bears draft Bryce Young or CJ Stroud?

Should Da Bears trade Fields, and draft a QB?

• Yes, draft Bryce Young

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Yes, draft CJ Stroud

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • Yes, draft Will Levis

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, build around Fields

Votes: 23 74.2%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 2 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Todd McShay suggested the another day that the Bears should trade away Justin Fields and draft Bryce Young. I added Stroud here because those two are perceived to be neck-and-neck. McShay went on compared Young to Patrick Mahomes. Yes folks, we're talking about the same Patrick Mahomes, he graded as a second-tier quarterback and the third best quarterback of the 2017 NFL Draft. Anyway, the ESPN crew were actually split on this one. Personally, I think they should trade out of that spot or go for Jalen Carter or Will Anderson Jr.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Bears FO feels Stroud or Young has a higher ceiling than Fields then yes they should draft one of them and trade Fields. It also gives the FO another chance of building up the team while their QB is on a rookie contract.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do think most franchises would take Young and flip Fields. But the Bears roster is gutted atm and Chicago is almost certainly too proud for a 2-3 year rebuild.

Bears have a ton of cash and can flip the #1 for 3-4 prospects. That's probably what they'll do

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. Neither Young or Stroud are good enough to justify that, jmo. Fields showed some signs of life. Give him some weapons and revisit a better QB class if Fields isn't the guy, imo.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said no, but I don’t think it’s stupid to consider. There might be a team willing to deal 2 1sts for him and if that the case, I’ll take it. One thing you have to consider is in 2 years, they’ll have to pay fields a ton. If the bears can reset that clock on that expensive QB contract, you get more time to build the team. You might even have a Lamar jackson situation where he will want top money, but his passing skills don’t really warrant it. Unless they can get a big ransom for him, I’d say keep him and build around him though. I still think he can develop into something really good, but I’d probably try to get an additional 1st in next years draft, just to improve my chances of grabbing an elite prospect next year if fields doesn’t grow.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fields showed some signs of life
Are they the right signs? He is pretty clearly an S tier running threat with a big arm.

If Im reading the chart right his EPA as a passer was 30th. His CPOE was -2.4%. His YPA is 7.1. His signs were that he is a fantastic runner.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are they the right signs? He is pretty clearly an S tier running threat with a big arm.

If Im reading the chart right his EPA as a passer was 30th. His CPOE was -2.4%. His YPA is 7.1. His signs were that he is a fantastic runner.
That's for next season to sort out, imo.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Young has bust written all over him imo

I don't like Fields but I'm not trading him to draft fun sized Tua either

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Young has bust written all over him imo

I don't like Fields but I'm not trading him to draft fun sized Tua either

Admittedly I'm biased but I would be hesitant to draft Young based on his size. He's not as athletic as Murray and as we are seeing Murray is not particularly durable. Which is not at all surprising.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Admittedly I'm biased but I would be hesitant to draft Young based on his size. He's not as athletic as Murray and as we are seeing Murray is not particularly durable. Which is not at all surprising.
Let's be frank

Young is a shrimp and he's going to get killed in the NFL

If he had played at Missouri instead of Bama he'd by a 5th round draft pick because he would've been surrounded by mediocre talent and looked mediocre in college so his size would be a much bigger deal

It's not just that he's shortm he's also slim. He will get brutalized in the NFL

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We needed to see more improvement from Fields last year as a passer. Going into third year he needs to take that step. Personally, I cannot see any Ohio state quarterback making it in the nfl until someone proves me wrong, and Stroud is even leaving after his sophomore season, which means he most likely is 2-3 years away. I think Levis will get the quickest positives in the NFL, and Richardson will be the best long term from this draft, and you do not need the 1 pick to get either of them unless they put Stroud and Young to shame at the combine.

Its a problem. How do you draft a white quarterback in Levis to replace Fields in 2 years, and why do you get another one with the same basic attributes as him as his replacement?

Sad part is, 2 years when they have to take the fifth year option, they wont be in this position to get their pick of the litter, but there may be better quarterbacks in that draft.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's be frank

Young is a shrimp and he's going to get killed in the NFL

If he had played at Missouri instead of Bama he'd by a 5th round draft pick because he would've been surrounded by mediocre talent and looked mediocre in college so his size would be a much bigger deal

It's not just that he's shortm he's also slim. He will get brutalized in the NFL
Hey now, Mizzou had garbage qb play last year and honestly would have won a ton of games with a good qb. Admittedly he might be in Levis discussion and not the #1 overall but he'd still go rd1.

Stroud is literally coming from the same school as Fields and had a pretty great game against Georgia.

The argument for Fields is more about the Bears roster than anything else.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey now, Mizzou had garbage qb play last year and honestly would have won a ton of games with a good qb. Admittedly he might be in Levis discussion and not the #1 overall but he'd still go rd1.

Stroud is literally coming from the same school as Fields and had a pretty great game against Georgia.

The argument for Fields is more about the Bears roster than anything else.
I don't like Fields

At all

He's a 1 read QB who panics as soon as that read isn't open and gets happy feet which leads to him running/ getting sacked instead of going through his progressions

But id still rather have him than Young because Fields multitude of issues ( and there's a LOT of them ) are all fixable with the right coaching and with Justin putting in the work

Youngs issues are not fixable

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like Fields

At all

He's a 1 read QB who panics as soon as that read isn't open and gets happy feet which leads to him running/ getting sacked instead of going through his progressions

But id still rather have him than Young because Fields multitude of issues ( and there's a LOT of them ) are all fixable with the right coaching and with Justin putting in the work

Youngs issues are not fixable
Even Sean Payton came out recently and basically said he isn't sure undersized players should go top 15 after what we've seen with Tua. You're not alone in that thought.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stroud and Young would be in the same situation as fields. They would both be set up for failure because there’s no talent on the Bears offense right now. They are going to need help badly at all positions on offense… Fields was not known as a runner in college, but a passer. In the NFL it’s flipped because he’s running for his life all of the time. The same situation would happen to Young and Stroud, imo…

It’s best to trade down and accumulate pics and just stock pile talent on that team.

Last edited:

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
… Fields was not known as a runner in college, but a passer. In the NFL it’s flipped because he’s running for his life all of the time.
He did have over 1,000 yards rushing in college with 19 tds. Ohio state had designed runs. I don't think it's that binary.