• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Should the Bears draft Bryce Young or CJ Stroud?

Should Da Bears trade Fields, and draft a QB?

• Yes, draft Bryce Young

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Yes, draft CJ Stroud

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • Yes, draft Will Levis

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, build around Fields

Votes: 23 74.2%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 2 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah, so Fields is Sam Bradford at this point. Just holding the clipboard until your team gets its rebuild going. It did work for the Rams...although they did have a motivation to rebuild (for LA) and tank (in STL).
It could very well end up that way, however, get the rest of the offence in place, then one can better judge.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It could very well end up that way, however, get the rest of the offence in place, then one can better judge.
I have to admit this situation is fairly unique. Usually a mobile QB comes in and wins a few games and makes everyone look better. It seems like the Bears front office went into last season and made sure that didnt happen. The default assumption is that Fields is talented and the Bears tanked. Im not sure Ive seen that in the NFL

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to admit this situation is fairly unique. Usually a mobile QB comes in and wins a few games and makes everyone look better. It seems like the Bears front office went into last season and made sure that didnt happen. The default assumption is that Fields is talented and the Bears tanked. Im not sure Ive seen that in the NFL
I know, right. The Bears off loaded 3 of their best defensive players during the season. Have been trying to bandaid in other players. Some call it ripping the band aid off. Now, if you get the idea failure is not an option and you are the Houston Texans coaching staff, lo and behold, you end up jobless due to one extra win. It is amazing, isn't it. Now, I do not believe the Bears attempted to tank as three different plays in three different games would have changed the outcome of each like Mooney not catching the TD pass with no time on the clock. Fates decided what happened somewhat.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chicago fucked Fields while the rest of the league understood surround the QB with talent. You guys need another Bobby Douglas to build around.

A trade with Washington gets you the #10 or 11 pick, can't remember maybe a player too.
Draft Stroud at 1 and the wide receiver at Washington's pick.

The problem with trading with Washington would be if Washington wants to trade the Bears for a qb,its gonna be for the top pick to get one of qbs coming out......
If JF doesnt have goods to be the qb they were looking for,then theyyre stuck with him........
Then when his contract is up,do they pay a non-passing qb top dollar qbs are wanting.......I very highly doubt it......
Not to mention,if the Bears dont want him,why would another team take a qb thats not gonna make it.......

It would make no sense.......And not sure the Bears would part ways for a 2nd and a 3rd either......

Nd I agree,Bears need to surround him with talent,otherwise JF just puts another name on that list of shitty qbs weve had for many many years........time to get rid of that list.......

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with trading with Washington would be if Washington wants to trade the Bears for a qb,its gonna be for the top pick to get one of qbs coming out......
If JF doesnt have goods to be the qb they were looking for,then theyyre stuck with him........
Then when his contract is up,do they pay a non-passing qb top dollar qbs are wanting.......I very highly doubt it......
Not to mention,if the Bears dont want him,why would another team take a qb thats not gonna make it.......

It would make no sense.......And not sure the Bears would part ways for a 2nd and a 3rd either......

Nd I agree,Bears need to surround him with talent,otherwise JF just puts another name on that list of shitty qbs weve had for many many years........time to get rid of that list.......

I agree. You should keep Fiels and trade down from #1 to acquire more picks. I heard you guys are interested in Payne. What draft compensation would you give up if we franchise him then trade him?

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. You should keep Fiels and trade down from #1 to acquire more picks. I heard you guys are interested in Payne. What draft compensation would you give up if we franchise him then trade him?

Actually I dont think we would trade for him.......if we were to kerp the 1st pick,which like you theyneed to trade down for xtra picks,they are draft Carter or Anderson......
Either of those two on rookie contracts,would be cheaper than Payne with more upside........
If you didnt franchise,Bears would probably just sign him for a big contract.....
Bears can not lise that draft capital as bad as they are.....

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Understandabe...thanks

If I were a Bears fan I'd expect Chicago to spend stupid money on offense in FA, and trade out of one for the going rate.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually I dont think we would trade for him.......if we were to kerp the 1st pick,which like you theyneed to trade down for xtra picks,they are draft Carter or Anderson......
Either of those two on rookie contracts,would be cheaper than Payne with more upside........
If you didnt franchise,Bears would probably just sign him for a big contract.....
Bears can not lise that draft capital as bad as they are.....

I just heard rumors that they want Payne. i see your point. It's going to be an interesting situation.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yah... throw midget #2 out there with the worst line in the NFL and absolutely barely any talent at RB, WR, or TE..... let alone any stable coaching.

lol Chicago is such a joke of an organization, very much like the political 'leaders' in this shitty town.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yah... throw midget #2 out there with the worst line in the NFL and absolutely barely any talent at RB, WR, or TE..... let alone any stable coaching.

lol Chicago is such a joke of an organization, very much like the political 'leaders' in this shitty town.
Seattle looks like they're in a good spot to trade up for midget #2.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing you said stopped me in my tracks- "he got more time than anybody to hold the ball"

That statement sounds like you're saying the Bears have a solid o-line. Maybe that's not what you meant but that's how I took it.

I could understand getting rid of JF and starting all over if B. Young was being called a can't-miss # 1 pick. But I have yet to see anyone say that.
when they say the quarterback holds onto the ball for 3.5 seconds on average, the slowest decision making in the NFL, how can he not be getting time? They only count until he makes the decision to run, not the 10 seconds of the run.

I know its a tough way around the point, but will a better offensive line give him 4 seconds to make up his mind? The good quarterbacks identify pressure, identify their hot receiver, and get rid of the football. The great ones are getting rid of it in 2.5 seconds on average because some of the throws are almost instantaneous to make up for the deep drops. The bear line has to block like its a deep drop every time, while not knowing where the hell the quarterback is. I dont think a lineup of all pro's are going to be able to block that long every pass play.

As far as the receivers, they are not sure when they are receivers or when they need to turn into blockers. So blame these "bad" receivers for no separation when it sure seems like they feel they need to be close enough to be able to block that guy covering them when Fields starts running towards him. Kmet gets separation, he averages 5, probably ended up top 10 in the NFL, so he should be the guy that gets the ball, but its few and far between.

I do not have a popular way of looking at things. I believe getting true #1 will do nothing but that guy going back to the huddle every play telling Fields he was open and throw the football. I am really not sure if that helps.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when they say the quarterback holds onto the ball for 3.5 seconds on average, the slowest decision making in the NFL, how can he not be getting time? They only count until he makes the decision to run, not the 10 seconds of the run.

I know its a tough way around the point, but will a better offensive line give him 4 seconds to make up his mind? The good quarterbacks identify pressure, identify their hot receiver, and get rid of the football. The great ones are getting rid of it in 2.5 seconds on average because some of the throws are almost instantaneous to make up for the deep drops. The bear line has to block like its a deep drop every time, while not knowing where the hell the quarterback is. I dont think a lineup of all pro's are going to be able to block that long every pass play.

As far as the receivers, they are not sure when they are receivers or when they need to turn into blockers. So blame these "bad" receivers for no separation when it sure seems like they feel they need to be close enough to be able to block that guy covering them when Fields starts running towards him. Kmet gets separation, he averages 5, probably ended up top 10 in the NFL, so he should be the guy that gets the ball, but its few and far between.

I do not have a popular way of looking at things. I believe getting true #1 will do nothing but that guy going back to the huddle every play telling Fields he was open and throw the football. I am really not sure if that helps.
Mooney is a nice WR too. Fields just tanks everyone's production because he can't run a pro offense. Bears shouldn't bet on him figuring it out.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

this is why its bad unless they cave and take Levis, since he is the most ready right now. Stroud is leaving a sophomore, so you are buying him for 2024 or 2025 and should not take a single snap this upcoming season, which is hard to do with the first overall pick.
That is why Richardson is such an intriguing choice later. Get your defenders up top, take Richardson later, giving Fields two years to prove he is the guy. Either way, our bear fanbase who all turned into fanbois will be screaming to play the new guy.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mooney is a nice WR too. Fields just tanks everyone's production because he can't run a pro offense. Bears shouldn't bet on him figuring it out.
But I put Mooney in the category of chemistry. Probably the only receiver on the same page as Fields now. But both Mooney and Pool are in their contract years, so 1000 yards gets them up to that 20 number since all the great ones are locked up. What happens by mid season when neither see they have a shot at it.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Have any of the talking heads said Young is a can't-miss # 1 pick? I have yet to hear anyone say that.

Can't say it enough. Starting over with a new rookie QB won't change all the other problems the Bears have on the offensive side of the ball.

You wanna get rid of the Bears only offensive weapon and replace him with an unproven rookie. That just isn't a step forward.

I could understand going all in on Young if he was looked at as a franchise saver, but he's not.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fields as the season went on:
SplitValueGWLTCmpAttIncCmp%YdsTDIntRateSkYdsY/AAY/AA/GY/GAttYdsY/ATDA/GY/GTDPtsFmbFLFFFRYdsTD
Game Number1-4422034673350.754712458.716817.034.9416.8117.8341474.3218.536.8164103-190
5-8413059923364.137285297.6151087.918.0223.0182.0422776.60210.569.3212700320
9-12303043692662.324436297.79496.426.8623.0147.7464108.91415.3136.7424200110
13+404056903462.226004382.6151216.676.0622.5150.0383098.1319.577.3163101-60

I think he deserves another season. Bears supporting cast is a joke.
Yeah that's all if anything, he deserves another shot with more around him. I don't know if he improves or if he works out for the Bears. I just don't think replacing the QB for a younger QB is getting you anywhere, yes the timeline could line up better but that's if you end up contending and/or that QB becomes good. You only trade Fields and draft a QB if you think it's a significant upgrade and you get a good package for Fields.

I'm not saying Stroud or Young won't be better than Fields but is it a significant upgrade? That is up to the Bears FO.

I say give him another shot. Improve the OL and give him another weapon. That Claypool trade was not good. The main point is you should always go for an upgrade when you see the opportunity, if they feel it is worth it with a good return from the trade and drafting Stroud/Young then you do it. But if you fuck it up...that will just set you back again. If you think it is worth the risk, you do it.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have any of the talking heads said Young is a can't-miss # 1 pick? I have yet to hear anyone say that.

Can't say it enough. Starting over with a new rookie QB won't change all the other problems the Bears have on the offensive side of the ball.

You wanna get rid of the Bears only offensive weapon and replace him with an unproven rookie. That just isn't a step forward.

I could understand going all in on Young if he was looked at as a franchise saver, but he's not.
Not looking for a franchise saver to start as a rookie. Do not want the same mistake being made of starting a rookie. The question is, where are you picking in 2 years when you finally are convinced that its time for another direction? Trade for a 50 million dollar quarterback that not living up to his deal and getting replaced? Realizing you are now 4 years behind instead of 2? How are you going to develop any real NFL talent when your quarterback is playing pop warner? Have receivers running around for 3 seconds and then blocking because he wont let go of the ball? How do you get a #1 receiver when your quarterback averages 152 yards of passing a game? There have been alot of linemen, there have been alot of receivers, there is one constant over the past 2 years, thats Fields.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There have been alot of linemen, there have been alot of receivers, there is one constant over the past 2 years, thats Fields.
and the organizations vision and outstanding direction for growth.

Yep, 25 games with a grand total of 588 NFL passes and 91 actual sacks.
It's Fields!

when is the team going to drop the Monsters of the Midway bull shit?

BeaReylo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Short succient answer no. Long more elaborately drawn outanswer....... hails naw!

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not looking for a franchise saver to start as a rookie. Do not want the same mistake being made of starting a rookie. The question is, where are you picking in 2 years when you finally are convinced that its time for another direction? Trade for a 50 million dollar quarterback that not living up to his deal and getting replaced? Realizing you are now 4 years behind instead of 2? How are you going to develop any real NFL talent when your quarterback is playing pop warner? Have receivers running around for 3 seconds and then blocking because he wont let go of the ball? How do you get a #1 receiver when your quarterback averages 152 yards of passing a game? There have been alot of linemen, there have been alot of receivers, there is one constant over the past 2 years, thats Fields.

I frankly am shocked at how many people are in Fields corner.

The guy can not pass the football. His putrid stats has WAY more to do with him than it does with who is or isnt around him. The Bears arent the most talented team in the league.....but no one on that roster who was on the starting offense doesnt belong in this league (just better as depth rather than starters). It is still an NFL football team.

Could Fields develop into a legit starter in this league? Sure. Is it likely? Not really.

And even if he does develop, we are talking about a guy whose absolute ceiling is a well below average passer in this league. Well below. Yes he has wheels. But is that what you really want out of a QB in today's era? Not me.

That is why I would choose to move on now when Fields actually might have some value left rather than wait for 2 years when he has almost no value and have to start the QB search all over again not knowing if I will be possessing top 5 selection in the draft.

This isnt quite the Kyler Murray vs Rosen discussion but it isnt that far off either. There were a TON of people here saying that Rosen needed more time and that the Cards would be crazy to give up on him so early. And yet they were actually able to sucker the Dolphins into giving up quite a bit for a QB for anyone who was paying attention was never going to live up to the draft hype.

Last edited: