• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Should the Bears draft Bryce Young or CJ Stroud?

Should Da Bears trade Fields, and draft a QB?

• Yes, draft Bryce Young

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Yes, draft CJ Stroud

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • Yes, draft Will Levis

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, build around Fields

Votes: 23 74.2%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 2 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, as a Chiefs fan I would've liked to see EB stay on the team but its not hard to see why he moved on.

This type of thing is pretty moot, though. The Bears are sticking with Fields based on what they'd been doing the past few months. I think the real question looking at the poll results is whether or not Young's size will keep him from going #1
I personally like Stroud a little better.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said the same thing about 2021 Hurts. Hurts spent his off season with QB guru Tom House. Hurts literally improved on metrics that I didn’t think were improvable. The NFL is a copycat league. This guy House is going to have people knocking down his door. I bet both parties would benefit from working together.
Remember how bad Allen was before his transformation. Not to this level but he was awful his rookie year. 2nd year was better. 3rd year he explodes. Different for everyone but Allen was more accuracy issues. Maybe Fields can’t read his progressions fast enough to the point he has a lower ceiling but for people to say he can’t improve or he won’t is absurd

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams that improve their QB situation when they add Fields:
- Jets
- Raiders
- Texans
- Commanders
- Falcons
- Saints
- Panthers
- Bucs
-Titans
- Colts

Fields is better than the current QB1 on their roster. Some will be in a position to draft another QB. Some will be in a cap position to sign Derek Carr. But there aren’t enough franchise QBs on the market or in the draft. Some one will be giving guys like Minshew and Jacoby Brissett a chance to win a job. Fields is a better option than these others.

You also forget about the level of confidence and borderline arrogance NFL coaches need to possess to rise to the level of success they have in the industry. They honestly believe they have the message, the principles, and the magic to turn the guy around. His skill set is tantalizing. If you can get him dialed in to doing a handful of things well and build from there you could have something really good.
Ultimately, a GM trades for him not a coach. Who is banking their career on someone else's trash?

Some of those teams you named already passed on Fields in the draft. What did they see to change their minds? Lol

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember how bad Allen was before his transformation. Not to this level but he was awful his rookie year. 2nd year was better. 3rd year he explodes. Different for everyone but Allen was more accuracy issues. Maybe Fields can’t read his progressions fast enough to the point he has a lower ceiling but for people to say he can’t improve or he won’t is absurd
These guys are actually baseball guys?!?!? Crazy right? They teach improved accuracy through tightening up the mechanics of the feet. By engaging his whole body through footwork, Hurts was able to actually improve his arm strength. I honestly didn’t think that was possible. His improved footwork has translated to greater accuracy as well but that was a condition I already knew was possible. I think Brady worked with this group as well.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ultimately, a GM trades for him not a coach. Who is banking their career on someone else's trash?

Some of those teams you named already passed on Fields in the draft. What did they see to change their minds? Lol
You lost me when you called Fields trash. You don’t know what you’re talking about.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said the same thing about 2021 Hurts. Hurts spent his off season with QB guru Tom House. Hurts literally improved on metrics that I didn’t think were improvable. The NFL is a copycat league. This guy House is going to have people knocking down his door. I bet both parties would benefit from working together.
Tom House is a pitching coach.

And it’s not Fields wind up that’s his issue. He’s got a great wind up.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something something Josh Allen
Even Josh Allen was 10-6 in his second year and 15-12 after two years. Justin Fields is in relatively unprecedented territory. His W/L is 5-20. That isnt the same thing.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure if Fields is it, but I think they have to give him another couple of seasons. I would trade the pick and build.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
(1)Justin Fields is the worst passer in the league.

Can’t pay him the money he gets for being a running back. And it’s not going to magically change in year three of his pro career.

Whoever gave him a vote for MVP isn’t even funny.

And who does he have to throw to? Also the o-line isn't very good. How about the running game? The Bears only running game is Fields right now.

1- Zach Wilson says hold my beer, 72.8 rating.

JF's rookie year he had a HC that didn't use him right. In two seasons he's had to learn two systems. In two seasons he's had no stability with coaches or coordinators.

According to statmuse-.com Fields had a better rating last season (85.2) than Russell Wilson (84.4).

I'm not saying he's good, he needs help on the offensive side of the ball. But he wasn't the worst passer last season.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Relief pitcher.

Roider.

Scholar of throwing.

Baseball coach.
You have some gaps in there. Read the article I linked earlier in the thread. Whatever he does with QB mechanics and feet works and it’s translated to success.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even Josh Allen was 10-6 in his second year and 15-12 after two years. Justin Fields is in relatively unprecedented territory. His W/L is 5-20. That isnt the same thing.
You are comparing pitching stats. This is football.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And who does he have to throw to? Also the o-line isn't very good. How about the running game? The Bears only running game is Fields right now.

1- Zach Wilson says hold my beer, 72.8 rating.

JF's rookie year he had a HC that didn't use him right. In two seasons he's had to learn two systems. In two seasons he's had no stability with coaches or coordinators.

According to statmuse-.com Fields had a better rating last season (85.2) than Russell Wilson (84.4).

I'm not saying he's good, he needs help on the offensive side of the ball. But he wasn't the worst passer last season.
Wilson will never start another game without someone else being injured. And he didn’t turn the ball over at as high of a rate as Fields.

When you can’t manage to throw for 150 yards a game, you have more than a mechanics issue. It’s not like they weren’t behind and trying to play catch up.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have some gaps in there. Read the article I linked earlier in the thread. Whatever he does with QB mechanics and feet works and it’s translated to success.
I don’t need to read about him. I know who he is.

And I don’t really care to talk about the fucking Eagles in every thread.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought he had an excellent game against Georgia. I know you shouldnt judge prospects on one game but thats literally the ideal game to judge a prospect on and he looked like an NFL QB
Yep. Best projection of good vs good.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tom House is a pitching coach.

And it’s not Fields wind up that’s his issue. He’s got a great wind up.
His wind up and delivery is pretty slow. I would be interested in the metrics