• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Shaun Hills 4 starts!

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry Hill supporters, but this is how I see it, but than again, maybe I'm wrong?

MINN- Hill put us in a Hugh hole with a minute to go in the first half by throwing a careless interception that put us down 13-0, instead of being the smart veteran QB and throwing it away and we are only down 6-0 at half, much more manageable!

DENVER- Rams up 13-7 at Halftime. We did nothing in the 3rd quarter, than our last 5 drives of the game on average started at the Rams 47 yard line, with our worst field position starting at the Ram 40 yard line. Out of those 5 "so called drives", two that started in Denver territory, we got 3 FG's, two of which were over 50 yards!

Hill didn't manage the game with long clock burning, sustained drives, but it's true he didn't put our defense in a big hole, giving them bad field position, kind of hard to do when we our pretty much on Denver's side of the field all of the fourth quarter. Defense came up big with 2 Manning interceptions that put us in good field position that Hill didn't take advantage of!

SAN DIEGO- Rams up 10-6 at halftime, thank you Jenkins for the 99 yard interception return for TD!!
Interception of Hill pass gave SD ball at the Ram 23, defense bails out Hill and holds SD to FG. Thank you defense!!
2nd half drives by Rams
Plays/yards
3-9 punt. Started at Ram 15

2-(-7) fumble. Started Ram 20

4-3 punt. Started Ram 34

3-21. Touchdown! Started SD 21

4-21. Punt started Ram 15

13-80. Touchdown. Started Ram 20

5-36. Interception by Hill at GOAL LINE started SD 40

Is that a veteran , smart, experienced QB make smart plays and moving the Rams downfield on long sustained drives that keeps our defense well rested and off the field?

OAKLAND-first 6 "drives" of the game

Time- Plays- Yards- Result

1:50 - 4- 59 - TD

3:20 - 7- 78 - TD

2:57 - 6-61. - TD

0:12 - 1- 89- TD

1:22 - 4- 23 - TD

1:55 - 4 a (-7) FG

SECOND HALF

plays/yards

3-7 Punt

3-1 Punt

3- (-8) Punt

5-56 TD

3-4 Punt

3-7 Punt

Shush Hill 1-7 for 5 yards passing in second half, boy he sure kept the defense off the field and fresh!

Again please tell me people, where Shaun Hill is making smart plays, sustaining drives, keeping the Defense off the field?

In these games the defense is putting Hill and the Rams in great field position to win these games. Hill is not why we are winning, but we can directly put a large part (not all) of the SD loss on Hill.

Again defense was normally starting deep in our own end of the field he definitely wasn't getting these Hugh breaks that the defense is giving Hill

Sorry that's just what I'm seeing, it's pretty much there in black and white, but I know there will be a few of you that will come on here and see this differently, how you can is beyond me, you are just in denial than!

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, that should have said Davis has started deep in his own territory, not the defense!

And I apologize to some of you guys in advance, sorry, I just can't let this go, this Hill starting over Davis is driving me crazy!

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hill played well against the Raiders but both Hill and Davis are mediocre at best and the Rams need to put the QB position in the number one slot of needs to address in the off season.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, that should have said Davis has started deep in his own territory, not the defense!

And I apologize to some of you guys in advance, sorry, I just can't let this go, this Hill starting over Davis is driving me crazy!

Nice breakdown, a lot of this makes sense! But there are other things like stupid penalties at critical points in the game that IMO screwed Austin Davis as well! Plus we have an idiot for a coordinator! Until we fix these problems:L I dont think Johnny Unitas could help this team!

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice breakdown, a lot of this makes sense! But there are other things like stupid penalties at critical points in the game that IMO screwed Austin Davis as well! Plus we have an idiot for a coordinator! Until we fix these problems:L I dont think Johnny Unitas could help this team!

And that is my point Zeke, Davis was starting in bad field position quite often because of penalties, especially special teams, and especially late in games when we were behind. All of a sudden we aren't making as many mistakes, yet some people want to believe that is because Hill is starting now, and Hill has absolutely nothing to do with the defense playing better now and the fewer penalties!

As the breakdown shows, Hill has been the beneficiary of great defense, and great field position, and lack of bonehead penalties at critical times in the game?

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If our defense would just revert back to poor play and our team as a whole would give us more bonehead penalties and poor field position. This team and Hill would suck again dammit. Isn't it nice too be arguing about how well we are playing for a change. :yahoo:

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If our defense would just revert back to poor play and our team as a whole would give us more bonehead penalties and poor field position. This team and Hill would suck again dammit. Isn't it nice too be arguing about how well we are playing for a change. :yahoo:

Bottom-line is we need to have Davis playing to see if he could possibly be our starting QB next year so that we don't have to waste a top draft pick on a QB that might or might not be the answer either. Worse case we find out if Davis can at least be a better back up next year than we have recently had

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottom-line is we need to have Davis playing to see if he could possibly be our starting QB next year so that we don't have to waste a top draft pick on a QB that might or might not be the answer either. Worse case we find out if Davis can at least be a better back up next year than we have recently had

That is one way of looking at it. And we may very well see Davis before the season is out. :suds:

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Rams know Exactly what they have with Davis and Hill for that matter. Remember the Rams cut Davis and re-signed him when Bradford went down. Are you saying you'd rather have Davis starting next year then Bradford?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None of that analysis explains away Davis' turnovers for TDs losing the Dallas and Arizona games. When your turnovers aren't immediately turned into points, the defense has a chance to minimize the damage. Pick-6 and fumble-6 are the absolute worst outcomes of an offensive play possible. They were far too frequent with Austin Davis and he was getting rattled.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I know its a small sample, but I saw more bad than good with Davies. I think the team saw enough to conclude he is not the starter of the future. It looks like we are finding out whether Hill is the back up of the future. Question is whether we have 2 or 3 new QB's next year.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None of that analysis explains away Davis' turnovers for TDs losing the Dallas and Arizona games. When your turnovers aren't immediately turned into points, the defense has a chance to minimize the damage. Pick-6 and fumble-6 are the absolute worst outcomes of an offensive play possible. They were far too frequent with Austin Davis and he was getting rattled.

my...my...my...how easily you forget!! Let me refresh!

In the Dallas game Austin Davis completed 30/42 for 327 yds, 3 tds, 2 picks. He would have had 4 tds had Jared Cook not drop:L and easy td that a school kid could have caught. Come on Shop don't you remember the tantrum he threw:L on the sideline pushing Davis?? Oh...he did throw a pick 6 but so did Romo. His 2nd pick came late in the 4th qtr with only a minute left. I believe this was the game where Pettis had an easy 1st down but dropped the ball, then the next play Davis threw a pick. Oh and by the way we were penalized:L for 119 yards that game! Give the kid some slack, he played a good game! Cowboys were lucky!

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In the Arizona game we were winning in the 4th qtr up to the 9:45 mark. That was when Austin Davis threw a pass that was tipped up in the air by Kenny Britt and Patrick Peterson returned for a TD! Cant blame this on Davis, Britt is the culprit! I cant believe you would put blame on Davis? WTF man??

This is also the game where Davis threw a 41 yard pass to Jared Cook that was negated by a stupid penalty(blindside block) by Lance Kendricks that would have put us on the Arizona 4 yd line! Instead we got nailed for 15 yards that pushed us out of fg range! This isn't Davis's fault! We would have won the fucking game had it played out right. Give the kid a break he did his job!!

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my...my...my...how easily you forget!! Let me refresh!

In the Dallas game Austin Davis completed 30/42 for 327 yds, 3 tds, 2 picks. He would have had 4 tds had Jared Cook not drop:L and easy td that a school kid could have caught. Come on Shop don't you remember the tantrum he threw:L on the sideline pushing Davis?? Oh...he did throw a pick 6 but so did Romo. His 2nd pick came late in the 4th qtr with only a minute left. I believe this was the game where Pettis had an easy 1st down but dropped the ball, then the next play Davis threw a pick. Oh and by the way we were penalized:L for 119 yards that game! Give the kid some slack, he played a good game! Cowboys were lucky!

Thanks again Zeke, these guys just don't see it. Hill has not been put in a position where he has to make something happen, where he has to try to to make us come back, oh wait, yes he did against San Diego and he failed miserably, actually that interception was worse than any that Davis has thrown, yes it wasn't a pick 6, but he took away any chance of a tie or win by mKing an inexcusable throw for a so called veteran QB.

As far as pick 6 or a fumble 6 go, that's a lot of luck. As I have already said, Hill threw the same exact pass that Davis threw for a pick 6 against Arizona, the only difference is after Cook deflected Hills pass, it fell harmlessly to the ground, that same game, Hill fumbled, "luckily as he was falling the ball ended up right underneath wear he was falling,

My God you guys act like it never happens, Jenkins returned a pick 6 99 yards against a good QB, Johnson just returned a pick 6, some of it is luck, some of it is caused by the situation You are in, and the defense has not put Hill in that position yet.

Davis's pick 6's are happening deep in our own territory, Hills was way more damaging, we were knocking on the door and should have won that game!

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know its a small sample, but I saw more bad than good with Davies. I think the team saw enough to conclude he is not the starter of the future. It looks like we are finding out whether Hill is the back up of the future. Question is whether we have 2 or 3 new QB's next year.

Sure, he made mistakes, but so did a lot of others players. He didn't get any help when it counted! Some of those mistakes wernt his fault, but he is the qb that takes the blame. TOo bad you guys are just too naïve to realize it!

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks again Zeke, these guys just don't see it. Hill has not been put in a position where he has to make something happen, where he has to try to to make us come back, oh wait, yes he did against San Diego and he failed miserably, actually that interception was worse than any that Davis has thrown, yes it wasn't a pick 6, but he took away any chance of a tie or win by mKing an inexcusable throw for a so called veteran QB.

As far as pick 6 or a fumble 6 go, that's a lot of luck. As I have already said, Hill threw the same exact pass that Davis threw for a pick 6 against Arizona, the only difference is after Cook deflected Hills pass, it fell harmlessly to the ground, that same game, Hill fumbled, "luckily as he was falling the ball ended up right underneath wear he was falling,

My God you guys act like it never happens, Jenkins returned a pick 6 99 yards against a good QB, Johnson just returned a pick 6, some of it is luck, some of it is caused by the situation You are in, and the defense has not put Hill in that position yet.

Davis's pick 6's are happening deep in our own territory, Hills was way more damaging, we were knocking on the door and should have won that game!

Austin Davis hasn't been perfect, but he is a feisty kid that has played good ball but had terrible luck! This team hasn't had this type of QB since IMO Kurt Warner! If only Sam Bradford had his fire! Yah... that's a joke! We havnt seen the last of Davis!

Last edited by a moderator:

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Austin Davis hasn't been perfect, but he is a feisty kid that has played good ball but had terrible luck! This team hasn't had this type of QB since IMO Kurt Warner! If only Sam Bradford had his fire! Yah... that's a joke! We havnt seen the last of Davis!

Hey brother Zeke! Hows the weather?:suds: I'm not ready to totally give up on Davis or Hill but I don't see either one as the future for the Rams. The Rams are coaching along a great young group of wide receivers, tight ends and backs. They have a few potential pro bowlers in that group. I'd like to see the Rams try and do better at the QB position. In fact it needs to be their top priority in the off season no matter what they do with Hill or Davis. just sayin...:nod:

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Rams know Exactly what they have with Davis and Hill for that matter. Remember the Rams cut Davis and re-signed him when Bradford went down. Are you saying you'd rather have Davis starting next year then Bradford?

Yes I would!! Davis has played well in the 8 games he has played, he had two bad games, sorry! I don't know what Davis is capable of, it's 6 pretty decent games, two bad games, that's a pretty small sampling.

I already know what we have in Bradford, a guy that has played for 4 years and has never done anything, on top of being hurt, do I want to go into next season counting on an injury prone, fragile QB, Hell no!

They both have the same winning %, their TD to Int are about the same.

Davis's completion % is 63.4% to Bradfords 58.6% , that's a big difference considering Bradford dinked and dunked most of his 4 years, and also had Amendola for 3 of those years, not to mention Lloyd for one, both better receivers than Davis has ever thrown to. Bradford in 4 years NEVER topped 61%
QB rating, Davis 85.1, Bradford 79.3

Davis shows emotion, Bradford acts like he could care less.

So please tell me where Bradford is any better than Davis, oh that's right he has made more money than Davis ever will in his lifetime!

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its funny when we get all the stupid penalties and all the drop passes when Bradford's in there you guys seem to forget or put the blame on him some how? not to mention the lack of talent he has had on both sides of the ball up until now. Amendola? is he suppose to be an elite WR? yeah I wouldn't mind him showing more emotion but the reality is that doesn't mean anything. there have been plenty of great QB's that have that demeanor. why do i think Bradfords better? I've been to many of the training camps, it isn't even close on the accuracy and velocity on the throws. again Davis was cut. he would get happy feet and panic and make bad throws. I don't think Davis is bad i don't have a problem with him being a back up, but no way the Rams are thinking he's the future. Before Bradford got hurt this year his arm strength from the rehab was stronger then ever. I agree the only question with sam is if he can stay healthy, but i think they will take that chance because he can make any throw on the field and thats hard to find. Do I think he's an elite Qb… no but he is above avg and won't lose you games.