• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA Draft

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to be fair Ron Artest would have been a much better pick lol
Sure, but Knicks fans are just like hurricane. Insufferable douchebags thinking they know everything, and all it takes is being right once and aaaallllll the times they are wrong don't count.

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tre smith not being picked was my biggest surprise udfa, but overall the draft went pretty chalk to industry consensus for the most part considering the 58 picks

The lack of centers was not surprising since it wasn’t a strong crop

Dallas did really well, and this could be a home run if Holmes bounces back

Celtics getting a guy I had a round 1 grade on plus 5 picks is nice

Atlanta again let the draft come to them and did well

Orlando again drafted weird.

I didn’t like George but loved what Utah did otherwise, that’s where whitmore’s slide should’ve ended

Brooklyn played the draft pretty perfectly all things considered. I wasn’t sure if Wilson is an nba guy but at 51 it’s fine

Charlotte with nick smith when they passed on scoot is a little weird. But a fine upside swing

Bulls getting Phillips at 35 was solid value and smart to get ahead of teams

I did t have Denver taking 3 guys who aren’t sure if they could defend at an nba level, but they added shooting

Mil drafting two guys who can’t shoot was something different.

Gs getting trayce at 57 was nice value.

Hou with the best draft imo. They crushed it

Clippers took older guys, we’ll see how it plays out for them. Both fit them but the age track record is not great

I don’t like JHS but the lakers track record can’t be questioned

I don’t like drafting for immediate contributors, but it’s rare so we’ll see if pod or Jacques is the new Braun. But I’ll bet against it, nothing personal. Just counting cards

Loved Minny’s picks despite not having much ammo

Camara was exactly what the suns needed to draft with their limited stockpile

I like Portland’s draft minus Murray, which felt like they’re in the halfway mode still. I would’ve gone sensabaugh…but also traded dame…I’m also bitter they broke up the Murray’s….

Kings following analytics is nice….but weird to see them do smart things

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tre smith not being picked was my biggest surprise udfa, but overall the draft went pretty chalk to industry consensus for the most part considering the 58 picks

The lack of centers was not surprising since it wasn’t a strong crop

Dallas did really well, and this could be a home run if Holmes bounces back

Celtics getting a guy I had a round 1 grade on plus 5 picks is nice

Atlanta again let the draft come to them and did well

Orlando again drafted weird.

I didn’t like George but loved what Utah did otherwise, that’s where whitmore’s slide should’ve ended

Brooklyn played the draft pretty perfectly all things considered. I wasn’t sure if Wilson is an nba guy but at 51 it’s fine

Charlotte with nick smith when they passed on scoot is a little weird. But a fine upside swing

Bulls getting Phillips at 35 was solid value and smart to get ahead of teams

I did t have Denver taking 3 guys who aren’t sure if they could defend at an nba level, but they added shooting

Mil drafting two guys who can’t shoot was something different.

Gs getting trayce at 57 was nice value.

Hou with the best draft imo. They crushed it

Clippers took older guys, we’ll see how it plays out for them. Both fit them but the age track record is not great

I don’t like JHS but the lakers track record can’t be questioned

I don’t like drafting for immediate contributors, but it’s rare so we’ll see if pod or Jacques is the new Braun. But I’ll bet against it, nothing personal. Just counting cards

Loved Minny’s picks despite not having much ammo

Camara was exactly what the suns needed to draft with their limited stockpile

I like Portland’s draft minus Murray, which felt like they’re in the halfway mode still. I would’ve gone sensabaugh…but also traded dame…I’m also bitter they broke up the Murray’s….

Kings following analytics is nice….but weird to see them do smart things
You forgot the Sixers, suns, and knicks

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last thought overall on the draft:

The espn team did not mention UConn’s national championship enough…

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last thought overall on the draft:

The espn team did not mention UConn’s national championship enough…
They should have asked the parents of UConn players if they were happy their son won a national championship.

Now we'll never know!

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I am curious if the new owners just don’t cut bait

Which means that teams like Indiana or hou could be in play.

Klutch client, so LA will be rumored as well.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@msgkings322
@CitySushi

I missed that you guys also dumped Baldwin

Was that expected?
Definitely not expected. I actually was pretty high on him. I thought he had some good upside. Like @msgkings322 said not really star potential but I thought he could be a good piece moving forward. Great size and shooting.

The trade of him does make sense overall organizationally. They traded a guy who's really not ready to perform defensively, for a 23 year old who has a better defensive upside. On top of that they save Luxury Tax money by trading away that 1st round guaranteed money for a 2nd rounder.

The Warriors seem to be going all-in on the next 2-3 years. Will see what happens.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely not expected. I actually was pretty high on him. I thought he had some good upside. Like @msgkings322 said not really star potential but I thought he could be a good piece moving forward. Great size and shooting.

The trade of him does make sense overall organizationally. They traded a guy who's really not ready to perform defensively, for a 23 year old who has a better defensive upside. On top of that they save Luxury Tax money by trading away that 1st round guaranteed money for a 2nd rounder.

The Warriors seem to be going all-in on the next 2-3 years. Will see what happens.

They should do that.

Clearing Rollins and Baldwin leaves room, but it sounds like you’ll be at 14 guys again

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep looks like the new regime and owner decided forget the future and '2 tracks', win as much as you can in the Curry window and deal with the future when it comes. I liked the thought to try to do both, it just didn't pan out.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep looks like the new regime and owner decided forget the future and '2 tracks', win as much as you can in the Curry window and deal with the future when it comes. I liked the thought to try to do both, it just didn't pan out.

The 2 tracks plan just didn't allow for enough PT for the rawer kids they drafted to develop.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 2 tracks plan just didn't allow for enough PT for the rawer kids they drafted to develop.
It appears so, there's a reason that kind of thing doesn't really happen. They took a shot, it didn't work.