• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Scouts vs. Stats: Top 10 NFL Quarterbacks

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His last 3 wins to end the season were lackluster, and he did everything in his power to give away the game to the Chargers with a whopping 4 INTs.

Trevor Lawrence is just on there because east coast and he was the #1 overall pick. Geno Smith was far better than Lawrence last year and far better in the playoffs... it was just that Seattle's defense can't stop fuck all. Someone could argue Geno is a 1 year wonder, I could say the same about Lawrence, his season wasn't impressive at all. 25 TDs, barely above 4K yards, 95 QB rating? "Seattle has better receivers" and was playing with two rookie OTs (basically unheard of over the last 50 years), a rookie RB, and the worst Center in the NFL.
Geno blows and got lucky last year.

I don't know if that's true but odds are it is.

Maybe he's just a really really really really slooooooooooow learner.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Young QB who seemed to figure it out in the 2nd half of his season, coupled with the idea that when he came out, he was widely considered the best QB in his draft class by a decent margin. I can see why he’s been slotted here. Time will tell if that’s where he belongs.
Dubbed the best since luck if not better

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geno blows and got lucky last year.

I don't know if that's true but odds are it is.

Maybe he's just a really really really really slooooooooooow learner.

Jalen Hurts blows and got lucky last year with one of the best defenses in the league.

Maybe he's just a really crappy QB on a great team with tons of veteran all pro talent.

:hmm:

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jalen Hurts blows and got lucky last year with one of the best defenses in the league.

Maybe he's just a really crappy QB on a great team with tons of veteran all pro talent.

Now ya done it, Shark. This is like saying beetlejuice 3 times or some shit. All the Eagles fans will not see the sarcasm and irony and get all butt hurt. And the resident cheerleader will never shut up.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now ya done it, Shark. This is like saying beetlejuice 3 times or some shit. All the Eagles fans will not see the sarcasm and irony and get all butt hurt. And the resident cheerleader will never shut up.

I realize my statement might result in a petition to end my account, Strange.

I understand what I've done and I'll stand by my words. If my account is terminated I'll check in on you from time to time with visitor status...

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for Lawrence, frankly that first season under Meyer could have easily fucked up the kid. But he improved as he got familiar with DougyP and played pretty good down the stretch. Still some growing pains but you can tell the talent is there. Like I said, 2nd year under Pederson should pay dividends.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I realize my statement might result in a petition to end my account, Strange.

I understand what I've done and I'll stand by my words. If my account is terminated I'll check in on you from time to time with visitor status...
You'll find me at the local rub'n'tug standing in line behind DeShawn Watson. :D Oh wait, we don't have one out here in Moncton.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was honestly surprised to see the scouts rating Hurts so high. I do think he’s the real deal but I think top 5 might be a tad high.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson was one of the worst QBs in the league last year despite going to SUCH A BETTER TEAM. Prescott was bleh, Rodgers sucked ass and is approaching 70 years old, TREVOR LAWRENCE? lmao.

Shocked Tom Brady didn't make it on the list, I guess the paychecks from his agents to be on a top 10 list are getting smaller.

The Broncos got hit harder by the injury bug last season than just about any other team.

But that still doesn't explain RW's terrible season. Just awful.

And having Hackett as coach didn't help things. He had no business being a HC.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Young QB who seemed to figure it out in the 2nd half of his season, coupled with the idea that when he came out, he was widely considered the best QB in his draft class by a decent margin. I can see why he’s been slotted here. Time will tell if that’s where he belongs.
Yeah, I think the second part about his college projection is factoring in heavily. I think a lot of scouts thought he was Herbert with better wheels and maybe a slightly weaker arm.

From what I've seen, Peterson does have some good stuff schemed up getting Engram and ETN open looks in that offense and Lawrence does well when he operates it quickly. Calvin Ridley seems like a bit of a missing piece for them so if he works out then maybe he'll be an elite QB next year.

But since people are talking about his 2nd half of the season, his playoff stats are 60% completion, 5 Tds, 5 Ints, 5.9 YPA, 4 sacks, 17 yards rushing per game. Not enough info to work with imo.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Broncos got hit harder by the injury bug last season than just about any other team.

But that still doesn't explain RW's terrible season. Just awful.

And having Hackett as coach didn't help things. He had no business being a HC.
I think RW has a bounceback year under Payton if they are healthy. He was terrible last season but I think Payton gets him to just do what he does naturally and not try to be something he's not.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think RW has a bounceback year under Payton if they are healthy. He was terrible last season but I think Payton gets him to just do what he does naturally and not try to be something he's not.

I also expect RW to have a bounce back year.

I think it's funny that the previous Broncos owners thought they had a real shot at getting Rodgers. So before they sold the team they made the mistake of hiring Hackett.

He was so bad as HC he really reminded me of Freddie Kitchens in Cleveland.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I think the second part about his college projection is factoring in heavily. I think a lot of scouts thought he was Herbert with better wheels and maybe a slightly weaker arm.

From what I've seen, Peterson does have some good stuff schemed up getting Engram and ETN open looks in that offense and Lawrence does well when he operates it quickly. Calvin Ridley seems like a bit of a missing piece for them so if he works out then maybe he'll be an elite QB next year.

But since people are talking about his 2nd half of the season, his playoff stats are 60% completion, 5 Tds, 5 Ints, 5.9 YPA, 4 sacks, 17 yards rushing per game. Not enough info to work with imo.
That was his first taste of the playoffs. Now it's behind him.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That works better for a 32 year old than a 24 year old.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was his first taste of the playoffs. Now it's behind him.
Agreed. But 6th best QB? Is qb play really that bad in the NFL right now?

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. But 6th best QB? Is qb play really that bad in the NFL right now?
Yes. We go through the list and once we get to 11-12 I question whether that guy is my franchise guy I want to build around.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. We go through the list and once we get to 11-12 I question whether that guy is my franchise guy I want to build around.
We are at a point where Bryce Young might walk into the nfl as like the 10th best QB if he is as good as billed and some of the older qbs fall off.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are at a point where Bryce Young might walk into the nfl as like the 10th best QB if he is as good as billed and some of the older qbs fall off.
Or more likely… when the QBs from the 2024 draft hit the league next season.