• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Shaun Hills 4 starts!

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:omg
LMAO!!! :pound: "two more than we have now"?? SERIOUSLY???

Personally... I'd contend that 2014 is far and away the best roster we've had in nearly a decade. But let me get this straight so we're all clear on your assessment. And it's a simple yes or no. No need to elaborate further.

In your eyes, the 2010 St. Louis Rams were unequivocally better than the 2014 St. Louis Rams. Correct?

I'm thinking we finished 7-9 that year, we just might get to that this year, we might not! So, if you want to say the 2010 team was way shitter than this years team, then you too are delusional. Based on your assessment its all about winning, well we will be lucky to match that 7-9record of 2010. I told you Caynine this years team has alot of potential, but they have done squat so far! Even if they finish out the year strong, they have to continue that success into next year. Everyone here thought that we had turned the corner in 2010 with our 7-9 record, but it was all smoke and mirrors and we sucked again the past 3 years. Until we do it more than one year, we have done nothing, we have turned no corners! What part of that aren't "you" getting?

People thought we were just missing a couple of pieces back then, obviously we needed more than what we had. Same thing last year, we thought our defense was going to be a top 3 defense going into this year, well
it's not! It has played better the last 3 games, but we still have holes.

Also you said that if I could come up with one, just one guy that was better on the 2010 team that you would concede, again obviously we can't believe anything you say!

Caynine29

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking we finished 7-9 that year, we just might get to that this year, we might not! So, if you want to say the 2010 team was way shitter than this years team, then you too are delusional. Based on your assessment its all about winning, well we will be lucky to match that 7-9record of 2010. I told you Caynine this years team has alot of potential, but they have done squat so far! Even if they finish out the year strong, they have to continue that success into next year. Everyone here thought that we had turned the corner in 2010 with our 7-9 record, but it was all smoke and mirrors and we sucked again the past 3 years. Until we do it more than one year, we have done nothing, we have turned no corners! What part of that aren't "you" getting?

People thought we were just missing a couple of pieces back then, obviously we needed more than what we had. Same thing last year, we thought our defense was going to be a top 3 defense going into this year, well
it's not! It has played better the last 3 games, but we still have holes.

Also you said that if I could come up with one, just one guy that was better on the 2010 team that you would concede, again obviously we can't believe anything you say!

A simple "yes" or "no" will do.

In your eyes, the 2010 St. Louis Rams were unequivocally better than the 2014 St. Louis Rams. Correct?

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously? Who's your starter? Davis = back up. RG3= bum knees like Sam so he can't run like he use too and he's pre Madonna locker room cancer. would never work in the rams system. Defenses have caught up to that style of offense. Hundley= like this the best but not a day one starter maybe sit behind Sam and learn. And we have to go thru 3 years of rookie learning curve. I would resign Davis and a cheap vet roll the dice on Bradford if it doesn't work get your QB in 16 Bradford's contract will be gone so they will have plenty of cap space to go get someone.

I am a firm believer in letting them prove who is best! Creating a healthy competition does wonders! Let the rookie carry a clipboard and only use him unless absolutely necessary. Getting rid of Bradford's/Well's salary would allow us to bring in some decent free agents. We would need a center to replace the hapless Wells, and another stud guard! Getting rid of Wells, Joseph and Long and replacing them with decent players would IMO solidify our line. Once that happens, Austin Davis or whomever is behind center would have some time! Run game would dominate! We need some RUN dominating STUDS!. We already have Robinson/Saffold, we need to continue to build here! Right now, nobody is really talking about Greg Robinson's success. He is quietly learning the pro game and will be good for years to come! Just imagine how well we would be playing right now if we didn't pick a LT! I think our coaches knew that Jake Long was fragile and they were right!

Unfortunately, I don't think Shotty is going anywhere. As long as Fisher is here and we finish right around .500, nobody will lose their job. So we are stuck with him.:L:L:L:L:L

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A simple "yes" or "no" will do.

We shouldn't even be having this conversation, since I do believe you said that you would concede my point if I came up with one, just one player that was better on the 2010 team. I threw out a guy that was an ALL PRO that year, that should have been end of story with you.

Did you, or did you not say that?

A simple "yes" or " no" will do?

Caynine29

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We shouldn't even be having this conversation, since I do believe you said that you would concede my point if I came up with one, just one player that was better on the 2010 team. I threw out a guy that was an ALL PRO that year, that should have been end of story with you.

Did you, or did you not say that?

A simple "yes" or " no" will do?

Yes, I did say that. I also explained to you how the RB position has been upgraded significantly since 2010... so, you still have yet to give me one player. And you're right... we shouldn't be having this conversation because from all your ducking and dodging it's pretty obvious you don't even believe your own story.

Come on, man... just say it... just type those ten magic words for all to see... "we were better four years ago than we are today".

You can't do it, can you. The very cornerstone of your argument and you can't even bring yourself to say it. Lol. Why should we believe anything YOU say, if even you refuse to back your own play? :wink:

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I did say that. I also explained to you how the RB position has been upgraded significantly since 2010... so, you still have yet to give me one player. And you're right... we shouldn't be having this conversation because from all your ducking and dodging it's pretty obvious you don't even believe your own story.

Come on, man... just say it... just type those ten magic words for all to see... "we were better four years ago than we are today".

You can't do it, can you. The very cornerstone of your argument and you can't even bring yourself to say it. Lol. Why should we believe anything YOU say, if even you refuse to back your own play? :wink:

Hello, hello, is anyone home? What part of Stephen Jackson was an ALL PRO that year, and that isn't one player, that's all you asked for.According to you Bradford is all that, so I guess the 2010 Rams also had him. We had some decent younger players then that didn't pan out. This year we have a ton of guys with potential, will some or any of them pan out, we don't know that yet, what part of that aren't you getting. Please tell me what all this great talent that we do have this year has done for us?

Bottom line is record wise we were better, it's always going to be debatable whether this team or that team is better, neither that team or this team is still very good, so I guess the better question would be which team isn't as bad as the other.

Were the 2010 Rams better than this years Rams, no one knows for sure, but at this point their record was better! So if you want to look at it that way, I guess you would have to say yes they were better based on their record!

I can also make snide remarks!

Please let us all know that you are not a man of your word and we can all move on!

Caynine29

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hello, hello, is anyone home? What part of Stephen Jackson was an ALL PRO that year, and that isn't one player, that's all you asked for.According to you Bradford is all that, so I guess the 2010 Rams also had him. We had some decent younger players then that didn't pan out. This year we have a ton of guys with potential, will some or any of them pan out, we don't know that yet, what part of that aren't you getting. Please tell me what all this great talent that we do have this year has done for us?

Bottom line is record wise we were better, it's always going to be debatable whether this team or that team is better, neither that team or this team is still very good, so I guess the better question would be which team isn't as bad as the other.

Were the 2010 Rams better than this years Rams, no one knows for sure, but at this point their record was better! So if you want to look at it that way, I guess you would have to say yes they were better based on their record!

Please let us all know that you are not a man of your word and we can all move on!

Just say it.

Back your own argument and we can move on.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You two (Caynine and Smed) need to settle this or move the continuance over to the Master negative thread. Just a reminder.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You two (Caynine and Smed) need to settle this or move the continuance over to the Master negative thread. Just a reminder.

Ya I could see it, and I already came to the conclusion I was done him!

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks again Zeke, these guys just don't see it. Hill has not been put in a position where he has to make something happen, where he has to try to to make us come back, oh wait, yes he did against San Diego and he failed miserably, actually that interception was worse than any that Davis has thrown, yes it wasn't a pick 6, but he took away any chance of a tie or win by mKing an inexcusable throw for a so called veteran QB.

As far as pick 6 or a fumble 6 go, that's a lot of luck. As I have already said, Hill threw the same exact pass that Davis threw for a pick 6 against Arizona, the only difference is after Cook deflected Hills pass, it fell harmlessly to the ground, that same game, Hill fumbled, "luckily as he was falling the ball ended up right underneath wear he was falling,

My God you guys act like it never happens, Jenkins returned a pick 6 99 yards against a good QB, Johnson just returned a pick 6, some of it is luck, some of it is caused by the situation You are in, and the defense has not put Hill in that position yet.

Davis's pick 6's are happening deep in our own territory, Hills was way more damaging, we were knocking on the door and should have won that game!
Just thought I'd point out the bold and how you want to lamb baste Hill as the 'so called veteran' for throwing a INT in the end zone and in the same post call the San Diego Veteran Rivers a 'good QB' even though he did they both throw picks at the goal line taking points off the board even though Rivers resulted in a 14 point swing.

Especially since one is a true fledged NFL starter and the other is an NFL backup.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this discussion is pretty much run its course. Perhaps if it continues, it should proceed to the Master Negativity Thread.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just thought I'd point out the bold and how you want to lamb baste Hill as the 'so called veteran' for throwing a INT in the end zone and in the same post call the San Diego Veteran Rivers a 'good QB' even though he did they both throw picks at the goal line taking points off the board even though Rivers resulted in a 14 point swing.

Especially since one is a true fledged NFL starter and the other is an NFL backup.

Rivers is a top tier starting QB in the NFL, Hill is a back up, a so called smart decision maker, that isnt going to cost you games, his int was with the game on the line, and it directly cost us the game. Now I'm sure someone will come in and say that if Rivers doesn't throw that int it wouldn't come down to Hill throwing that int, which is the same point with Davis, if the Ram defense was playing like it has been lately, the Rams would have beaten both Dallas and SF, possibly Philly!

At the same time not sure if Rivers throws that same pass if the game is on the line! Plus SD coaches are probably smarter and would have run the ball at least 3 times if not 4

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Retro, maybe you can just delete this thread all together, not sure if you can or not, but it's a thought!

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll consider it Smed. Thanks.
I'll say this first...

Admonish those who get out of line however there is no legitimate reason to shut down this thread IMO.

First the 2014 season's story is still not concluded and the way you finish means a lot IMO.

Second, you can tell between these two season by looking at where the talent takes you in the following year. So if the 2014 team finishes 7-9 and the 2015 team gets more than 2 wins than the 2014 is better than 2010. :yahoo:

Rivers is a top tier starting QB in the NFL, Hill is a back up, a so called smart decision maker, that isnt going to cost you games, his int was with the game on the line, and it directly cost us the game. Now I'm sure someone will come in and say that if Rivers doesn't throw that int it wouldn't come down to Hill throwing that int, which is the same point with Davis, if the Ram defense was playing like it has been lately, the Rams would have beaten both Dallas and SF, possibly Philly!

At the same time not sure if Rivers throws that same pass if the game is on the line! Plus SD coaches are probably smarter and would have run the ball at least 3 times if not 4
Game altering plays occur in Football throughout games. So with that in mind, any play can be considered 'with the game on the line'.

I'll flip what you think some might come in and say....

If Hill doesn't throw that end of game INT and the Rams score the go ahead TD than that Rivers INT that resulted in a 14 point swing for the Rams would have actually cost the Chargers the game.

Bottom line, both are vets and vets still make mistakes at crucial times in ball games. It's more about the decisions these guys make play in and play out and the accumulation of those decisions.

Davis struggled in the accumulation department, got benched for it because Fisher and company thought they needed a guy with more game experience than Davis.

Too bad too because if Davis hadn't regressed, rather if he continued to play like he had in a few of his better games, (Even in loss) we probably never have this discussion about Hill.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vita, I've been saying that! This years team does have some talent and potential, I would love to see us run the table this year, but if we don't carry it over into next year it means nothing. We went through this in 2010, we finished strong and finished 7-9 and everyone got all excited. Everyone thought we had turned the corner, and we did have some young talent then too, but as you well know, we took a Hugh step backwards.

We may run the table this year, our defense is what is winning us games right now, I will agree, we need help at QB and our oline has a Looong way to go before they are even considered average. But I have the football package and watch every game every week, there are a ton of teams with horrible olines, ours is not the worst by any means. Most people in here think it is, but it's not! I think behind an average line Mason can be a stud, behind a decent line all we need is a Trent Dilfer type QB, although that's not what I want, you need more than a Dilfer if your team falls behind in games! We don't have that!

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vita, I've been saying that! This years team does have some talent and potential, I would love to see us run the table this year, but if we don't carry it over into next year it means nothing. We went through this in 2010, we finished strong and finished 7-9 and everyone got all excited. Everyone thought we had turned the corner, and we did have some young talent then too, but as you well know, we took a Hugh step backwards.

We may run the table this year, our defense is what is winning us games right now, I will agree, we need help at QB and our oline has a Looong way to go before they are even considered average. But I have the football package and watch every game every week, there are a ton of teams with horrible olines, ours is not the worst by any means. Most people in here think it is, but it's not! I think behind an average line Mason can be a stud, behind a decent line all we need is a Trent Dilfer type QB, although that's not what I want, you need more than a Dilfer if your team falls behind in games! We don't have that!
Not everyone Smed, as you may remember on SeeBS, after the debacle in Seattle, I was hot for a leadership change!

Oh and I agree, even though our o line has had it's challenges at times in pass defense, we are still running the ball well even though we are not pulling in the TE's. That says a lot!

A few changes here and there on the o line, with a true QB under center and Quick back, we should have a playoff team next year.

By the way, even though I do agree we have durability issues, I do think we will see Sam back at QB next year however we will probably have a much better contingency plan in place.