• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Shaun Hills 4 starts!

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and if Bradford really goes through 2 grueling Knee rehabs to come back when he has 50m sitting in his bank.. do you really want to question his passion for the game?

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and if Bradford really goes through 2 grueling Knee rehabs to come back when he has 50m sitting in his bank.. do you really want to question his passion for the game?

We all have passion, not everyone shows it, unfortunately he doesn't show any. If it was me, I would be coming back just because I want to justify the contract that was given to me and that I haven't earned, yet!I don't know if it's passion, I'm sure he has pride and it absolutely has to bother him that he has been ripped by many people, I'm sure he wants to prove people that he can be the guy they drafted, unfortunately I don't think he will ever be that guy, I really wish he was, I want the Rams to win, but I didn't like that pick from day one.

As far as Davis being cut, that was a decision to go with the quick decision making, no mistakes, Hill, obviously they weren't going to keep 3 QB's on the roster, and they immediately brought him back instead of looking elsewhere because the guy does have talent. I'm not saying that he will be an elite QB, but counting on Bradford to come back and be your guy next year is just insane, we've already been set back the last two years, do you really want to take a chance on that same guy getting hurt again, and boom, there's another lost year.

We need to move on from Bradford. Is Davis the answer, I don't know, he has played well and he has also made some mistakes, but we know for sure Hill isn't the answer for next year. Worse case scenario Davis plays out the rest of the year and we find out that he can be our backup QB next year. Best case scenario, maybe he clicks and finds himself and he's good enough to start and we don't have to waste a high draft pick on another rookie QB that might or might not be the answer.

It only makes sense!

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its funny when we get all the stupid penalties and all the drop passes when Bradford's in there you guys seem to forget or put the blame on him some how? not to mention the lack of talent he has had on both sides of the ball up until now. Amendola? is he suppose to be an elite WR? yeah I wouldn't mind him showing more emotion but the reality is that doesn't mean anything. there have been plenty of great QB's that have that demeanor. why do i think Bradfords better? I've been to many of the training camps, it isn't even close on the accuracy and velocity on the throws. again Davis was cut. he would get happy feet and panic and make bad throws. I don't think Davis is bad i don't have a problem with him being a back up, but no way the Rams are thinking he's the future. Before Bradford got hurt this year his arm strength from the rehab was stronger then ever. I agree the only question with sam is if he can stay healthy, but i think they will take that chance because he can make any throw on the field and thats hard to find. Do I think he's an elite Qb… no but he is above avg and won't lose you games.

I agree with you Bradford had the same penalties we still have today, he had same crappy oline ,he didn't have the greatest receivers, and I never said Amendola was an elite WR, but everyone on here loved him and he pretty much caught everything thrown his way, he averaged like 8 yards a catch Bradford's rookie
year and bailed Him out quite often with nice catches. In 4 years Bradford more or less dinked and dunked , a lot of that was play calling by our crappy OC's, our bad oline, but that was Bradford, never took chances he was content in dumping the ball off! Now you can say that that's smart, but the screen pass isn't an option for Davis, it was never in our game plan, and now all of a sudden it is with Hill in there.

As far as training camp, alot of guys look good in training camp, totally different in a game! You've been to alot of training camps, well I watch and tape every game, I'm not seeing the throws from Bradford that you are talking about.

I guess I just don't want to go into another year of having to start all over because Bradford got hurt again, we've wasted to many years already

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Moore QB UFA MIA TBD 30 7 $5,500,000
Mark Sanchez QB UFA PHI TBD 28 5 $4,800,000
Jake Locker QB UFA TEN TBD 26 4 $4,004,637
Michael Vick QB UFA NYJ TBD 34 11 $4,000,000
Matt Hasselbeck QB UFA IND TBD 39 15 $3,750,000
Christian Ponder QB UFA MIN TBD 26 3 $3,232,313
Matt Flynn QB UFA GB TBD 29 6 $2,625,000
Blaine Gabbert QB UFA SF TBD 25 3 $2,011,587
Shaun Hill QB UFA STL TBD 34 12 $1,750,000
Jason Campbell QB UFA CIN TBD 32 9 $1,500,000
Tarvaris Jackson QB UFA SEA TBD 31 8 $1,250,000
Brian Hoyer QB UFA CLE TBD 29 4 $1,250,000
Ryan Mallett QB UFA HOU TBD 26 3 $776,976
Tyrod Taylor QB UFA BAL TBD 25 3 $671,327
Scott Tolzien QB UFA GB TBD 27 3 $645,000
T.J. Yates QB UFA ATL TBD 27 3 $645,000
Jimmy Clausen QB UFA CHI TBD 27 4 $645,000
Joe Webb QB UFA CAR TBD 28 4 $635,000
Dan Orlovsky QB UFA DET TBD 31 9 $635,000
Luke McCown QB UFA NO TBD 33 10 $635,000
Colt McCoy QB UFA WAS TBD 28 5 $635,000
Kellen Moore QB RFA DET TBD 25 2 $576,668
Austin Davis QB RFA STL TBD 25 2 $570,000
Josh Johnson QB UFA SF TBD 28 5 $335,294
Matt Blanchard QB ERFA CAR TBD 25 2 $308,500
Matt Simms QB RFA NYJ TBD 26 1 $262,058
Ryan Lindley QB UFA ARI TBD 25 2 $234,706
Thaddeus Lewis QB UFA HOU TBD 27 4 $189,705

List of FA QB's next year. wonder if the rams might entertain anyone? Jake Locker?

Caynine29

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I would!! Davis has played well in the 8 games he has played, he had two bad games, sorry! I don't know what Davis is capable of, it's 6 pretty decent games, two bad games, that's a pretty small sampling.

I already know what we have in Bradford, a guy that has played for 4 years and has never done anything, on top of being hurt, do I want to go into next season counting on an injury prone, fragile QB, Hell no!

They both have the same winning %, their TD to Int are about the same.

Davis's completion % is 63.4% to Bradfords 58.6% , that's a big difference considering Bradford dinked and dunked most of his 4 years, and also had Amendola for 3 of those years, not to mention Lloyd for one, both better receivers than Davis has ever thrown to. Bradford in 4 years NEVER topped 61%
QB rating, Davis 85.1, Bradford 79.3

Davis shows emotion, Bradford acts like he could care less.

So please tell me where Bradford is any better than Davis, oh that's right he has made more money than Davis ever will in his lifetime!

My only statement was going to be that this is a moot point. Neither Davis nor Hill will be starting next year and you can bank on that.

Then I read the bold print. :L

The lynch pin of your argument for Davis over Hill is that Hill had more to work with... but then you completely throw your own argument out the window by comparing Davis' numbers to Bradford's. Seriously??? Dude... you gotta make up your mind. Lol. It's either the team, or it's the QB.

The personnel Davis is playing with is light years ahead of what Bradford had to work with his entire career. You're right about one thing... Amendola and Lloyd were the best two targets Bradford ever had. But that's because Amendola was the only legit WR that Bradford ever had (or could catch a football, for that matter). If you really think Amendola/Gibson was a better combo than Quick/Britt... then I gotta question your sanity. Lol. Oh... and Brandon Lloyd... he and Bradford played together only 3 full games. Lol. Bradford has never ever played with a bona-fide #1 WR. Davis had two of them on the field at the same time.

You really want to compare numbers? how about using the most comparable team to what Davis is playing with today. Last year, with worse receivers, Bradford completed 60% of his passes, for 1687 yards with 14 TDs and 4 INTs in 7 games. Davis has posted 63%, 2001 yards 12 TDs and 9 INTs.

So, basically, your argument is that Davis put up marginally better career numbers than Bradford, with far and away better offensive talent. Wow.

Go ahead and question Bradford's durability. No argument there. But, talent-wise... Bradford is head and shoulders ahead of Davis. To say otherwise is just plain insanity and your own argument proves it.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its funny when we get all the stupid penalties and all the drop passes when Bradford's in there you guys seem to forget or put the blame on him some how? not to mention the lack of talent he has had on both sides of the ball up until now. Amendola? is he suppose to be an elite WR? yeah I wouldn't mind him showing more emotion but the reality is that doesn't mean anything. there have been plenty of great QB's that have that demeanor. why do i think Bradfords better? I've been to many of the training camps, it isn't even close on the accuracy and velocity on the throws. again Davis was cut. he would get happy feet and panic and make bad throws. I don't think Davis is bad i don't have a problem with him being a back up, but no way the Rams are thinking he's the future. Before Bradford got hurt this year his arm strength from the rehab was stronger then ever. I agree the only question with sam is if he can stay healthy, but i think they will take that chance because he can make any throw on the field and thats hard to find. Do I think he's an elite Qb… no but he is above avg and won't lose you games.

Cougar

You can't use the " he was cut by the Rams " excuse as to why he isn't a good QB or why he can't be a QB for the future.

Warner was cut and banished to arena football and NFL Europe before the Rams signed him to be, what was it again?, oh yeah, 3rd string QB behind Tony Freaking Banks. That goes to show just how much all these NFL coaches and scouts know.

The point Smed and Zeke are trying to make is that there is no way the Rams can know what they have in Davis after just 8 games and him riding the bench behind Over The Hill journeyman QB who is obviously not part of the future at 34 years old.

And because of that they will be using a high draft pick on a QB that may not need to be used had they rode Davis through the season to see what he's really made of.

Hell, Brady looked like a game manager QB after his first 8 games in the NFL. They leaned on the defense to win games and told him to just manage the game. Too bad Belicheat isn't so quick to bench a young QB or they never would've discovered they had a Hall of Fame QB after all.

Heck, he even chose a young Brady over a healthy veteran in Bledsoe ( who finished and won the AFC Championship game ) to start in the Super Bowl.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My only statement was going to be that this is a moot point. Neither Davis nor Hill will be starting next year and you can bank on that.

The lynch pin of your argument for Davis over Hill is that Hill had more to work with... but then you completely throw your own argument out the window by comparing Davis' numbers to Bradford's. Seriously??? Dude... you gotta make up your mind. Lol. It's either the team, or it's the QB.

The personnel Davis is playing with is light years ahead of what Bradford had to work with his entire career. You're right about one thing... Amendola and Lloyd were the best two targets Bradford ever had. But that's because Amendola was the only legit WR that Bradford ever had (or could catch a football, for that matter). If you really think Amendola/Gibson was a better combo than Quick/Britt... then I gotta question your sanity. Lol. Oh... and Brandon Lloyd... he and Bradford played together only 3 full
games
. Lol. Bradford has never ever played with a bona-fide #1 WR. Davis had two of them on the field at the same time.

You really want to compare numbers? how about using the most comparable team to what Davis is playing with today. Last year, with worse receivers, Bradford completed 60% of his passes, for 1687 yards with 14 TDs and 4 INTs in 7 games. Davis has posted 63%, 2001 yards 12 TDs and 9 INTs.

So, basically, your argument is that Davis put up marginally better career numbers than Bradford, with far and away better offensive talent. Wow.

Go ahead and question Bradford's durability. No argument there. But, talent-wise... Bradford is head and shoulders ahead of Davis. To say otherwise is just plain insanity and your own argument proves it.

I'm not saying Hill had more to work with, I'm saying Hill has been put into better situations than Davis was, all of a sudden the Defense is coming up with big plays and not putting the offense in a hole, special teams aren't committing the penalties they were also putting us in a deep hole. Yet at the same time all of a sudden Bailey is playing and playing well, making nice catches, also Mason has become our number one RB, our oline still sucks, but they are playing better and it's not because Hill is getting quick reads and making great decisions.

And if you want to compare Bradfords stats with Davis, then just compare Bradfords first year since this is Davis's first year. As far as Quick and Britt being these great receivers, quick was having a nice year, he's not elite by any stretch and Britt has been pretty much invisible all year except for one game. Amendola was a consistent good receiver year in and out! Bradford also had Steven Jackson, that guy wasn't bad, a lot of 8 in the box which "should" have opened up the passing game.

Again in 4 years Bradford dinked and dunked, he should have a lifetime completion percentage of at least 70%, it's not that far to throw to the line of scrimmage!

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The personnel Davis is playing with is light years ahead of what Bradford had to work with his entire career. You're right about one thing... Amendola and Lloyd were the best two targets Bradford ever had. But that's because Amendola was the only legit WR that Bradford ever had (or could catch a football, for that matter). If you really think Amendola/Gibson was a better combo than Quick/Britt... then I gotta
question your sanity. Lol. Oh... and Brandon Lloyd... he and Bradford played together only 3 full games. Lol. Bradford has never ever played with a bona-fide #1 WR. Davis had two of them on the field at the same time.

Also, Davis is playing with far and away more talent than Bradford? You are correct to a point! Davis has a lot of talent around him with potential, they haven't done anything yet! Bradford had a All Pro running back, Ammedola caught everything. Today we have a lot of talent on offense, a lot of guys with potential, but right now that's all I'm seeing, potential. Tavon Austin has pretty much done nothing, because they aren't using him properly, Bailey is just starting to come on because he has been finally playing, same with Mason, Dqvis played with neither of these guys. At least Bradford had Jackson and Amendola, Davis is growing with young 1st and 2nd year players that we don't even know what to do with yet! And seriously, our oline isn't much better than it ever was! And as far as I'm concerned Kendricks should be the go to TE, because Cook sucks!

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cougar

You can't use the " he was cut by the Rams " excuse as to why he isn't a good QB or why he can't be a QB for the future.

Warner was cut and banished to arena football and NFL Europe before the Rams signed him to be, what was it again?, oh yeah, 3rd string QB behind Tony Freaking Banks. That goes to show just how much all these NFL coaches and scouts know.

The point Smed and Zeke are trying to make is that there is no way the Rams can know what they have in Davis after just 8 games and him riding the bench behind Over The Hill journeyman QB who is obviously not part of the future at 34 years old.

And because of that they will be using a high draft pick on a QB that may not need to be used had they rode Davis through the season to see what he's really made of.

Hell, Brady looked like a game manager QB after his first 8 games in the NFL. They leaned on the defense to win games and told him to just manage the game. Too bad Belicheat isn't so quick to bench a young QB or they never would've discovered they had a Hall of Fame QB after all.

Heck, he even chose a young Brady over a healthy veteran in Bledsoe ( who finished and won the AFC Championship game ) to start in the Super

I don't think Davis is a bad quarterback and if they wanted to start him over hill I really wouldn't have a problem with it. I just brought up the cut factor because I think it's crazy to start saying Davis has more talent and is a better QB than Bradford. They didn't cut Bradford they cut Davis. No way Davis is walking into Rams camp and beating out Bradford even with a bad knee lol. Your points about Brady and bleedsoe.. that's exactly what I think Branford is more than capable of doing what good talent around him. Manage the game. But has the Ability to make big plays and keep defenses honest.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would take Austin Davis over Sammy Bradford anyday!! Why?? Because he has FIRE! He wants to WIN!! To me those qualitities outweigh armstrenth/acuracy/velocity any day of the week!! Yah I geuss its just too bad that Sammy's knee isnt as strong as his arm right now. A lot of good its doing us. Its funny you didnt mention anything about Sam's fire! Do you like the fact that he just sits back on the sideline after going "3 and out" 5 times in a row? Ho Hum......Zzzzz :L

Just think what type of talent we can bring in if we didnt have Sammies MASSIVE contract!

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been to many of the training camps, it isn't even close on the accuracy and velocity on the throws.

^^ Thats funny right there ^^:pound:
I bet he looks real good in practice, its just a dam shame he cant do that against a real defense when it really matters!

Can you say.....Dink and Dunk??:L

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey brother Zeke! Hows the weather?:suds: I'm not ready to totally give up on Davis or Hill but I don't see either one as the future for the Rams. The Rams are coaching along a great young group of wide receivers, tight ends and backs. They have a few potential pro bowlers in that group. I'd like to see the Rams try and do better at the QB position. In fact it needs to be their top priority in the off season no matter what they do with Hill or Davis. just sayin...:nod:

The weathers cold, No snow yet!
Like I said earlier, whomever our qb is, he wont be handed a good game plan with Shotty telling him what to do. The defense will figure it out! Shotty doesnt exploit our talent. He doesnt know how to.

At the end of the year this organization will have some decisions to make at qb. Davis/Hill are both free agents and Bradford, well you know the story, will just have to take a pay cut or be cut. Of these 3, Austin Davis has the best future ahead of him. He is young, he knows our system and he can be had cheap! IMO..he still has upside! and did I mention he has FIRE?? Cant teach that! If this team truely lets Davis walk and brings back Hill, then re-signs Bradford, then I know we will be lucky to win 4 games next year. I have seen enough of SB and SHawn Hill has no future. So lets cut Bradford, officially declare him a BUST! Lets start over, draft a new qb, Im thinkin 2nd or 3rd round, re-sign Davis, then sign a free agent qb. Lets create a healthy competition at qb. You heard it here first brother Bunc! What do you think??

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^ Thats funny right there ^^:pound:
I bet he looks real good in practice, its just a dam shame he cant do that against a real defense when it really matters!

Can you say.....Dink and Dunk??:L

Well I wish you were running the Rams maybe I would try out for quarterback as long as throwing and accuracy and throwing into tight windows doesn't matter. I can run around yell and scream at people and pump my fist with the best of them. Like I said I wouldn't mind seeing some more emotion from him but it really doesn't matter. there's been plenty of quarterbacks with the same demeanor. I don't remember Roger staubach doing a whole Lotta fist pumps? I'll take dink and dunk vs pick six and bad field position. Sorry QB's make big bucks in this league. See jay cutler. What do u think they will have to pay Kap and Wilson it will make Sams contract seem tiny. And yes I know the 49ers and Seahawks are winning but I think it's obvious they have a little more talent then us.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm sorry but that ^^ makes NO sense whatsoever!

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry but that ^^ makes NO sense whatsoever!

Well you seem to think he has no fire or passion and doesn't care about winning? He could've retired after the knee injury.. he has 50 million in the bank he doesn't need to play.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well you seem to think he has no fire or passion and doesn't care about winning? He could've retired after the knee injury.. he has 50 million in the bank he doesn't need to play.

Again, I see it more as pride than passion! I'm also thinking that if Davis is completing 64 % of his passes, which is more than Brdaford has ever done, than Davis must be fairly accurate and he throws more balls downfield than Bradford ever has! Like I said Bradford has completed less than 60% of his passes and for the most part they have been passes to the line of scrimmage, I know he has thrown "some" deep balls but for the most part they are short screen or quick dump offs to the line of scrimmage!

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, he made mistakes, but so did a lot of others players. He didn't get any help when it counted! Some of those mistakes wernt his fault, but he is the qb that takes the blame. TOo bad you guys are just too naïve to realize it!

He makes enough of his own mistakes for me to have an opinion that he is not a NFL starting QB. It would seem like the coaches agree as his is sitting behind Hill. The question is how many new QBs we have next year?

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So lets cut Bradford, officially declare him a BUST! Lets start over, draft a new qb, Im thinkin 2nd or 3rd round, re-sign Davis, then sign a free agent qb. Lets create a healthy competition at qb. You heard it here first brother Bunc! What do you think??

Yes starting over is a lock. Bradford needs to be brushed aside. If he had shown some progress while healthy it would be different but he didn't.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well you seem to think he has no fire or passion and doesn't care about
winning? He could've retired after the knee injury.. he has 50 million in the
bank he doesn't need to play.

:pound: Do you think he wants to be LABELED worse than David Carr? It's called PRIDE. Not passion. Don't assume Bradford has fire. Please. We have never seen it. LOL

Even if he does come back and "play", how long is he going to last? It's simple people. You can't play if you are hurt.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I'm the only one in the Sam camp lol. I'm just not crazy about this QB class coming out. Don't see anyone beating out Bradford in camp if hes healthy. No you can't play when your hurt they just need to have a back up plan. No one knows he will get hurt next year.