• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Seattle Seahawks @ Green Bay Packers

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you even listen to Petes press conferences? He wants to get back to a power running game. He's said it over and over.

same bs different day. same terrible red zone offense, different day

same terrible 3rd and short offense, different day

same non existent offensive start, different day.

need i go on? this has NOTHING to do with their decision to go power run. this has to do with outright incompetence on the offensive coaching staff.

carson should be the starter, lacey should be cut, he is a total bum. jimmy graham should be traded if he is going to be a blocker and catching passes 2 yards behind the line of scrimmage. and the OL doesnt even need to be mentioned, its an outright disgrace.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
same bs different day. same terrible red zone offense, different day

same terrible 3rd and short offense, different day

same non existent offensive start, different day.

need i go on? this has NOTHING to do with their decision to go power run. this has to do with outright incompetence on the offensive coaching staff.

carson should be the starter, lacey should be cut, he is a total bum. jimmy graham should be traded if he is going to be a blocker and catching passes 2 yards behind the line of scrimmage. and the OL doesnt even need to be mentioned, its an outright disgrace.

Seahawks will be in the playoffs, might miss out on overall HFA, but they'll be in the thick of it. I shudder to think how you'll feel once this golden era passes.

Seahawk Sal

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hawks were stiffed by the refs today

Pack steals one at home
Don't think so, your D played good, our O stunk and Rodgers wore down our D. Time to speed up the tempo and tire out our opponents D.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks will be in the playoffs, might miss out on overall HFA, but they'll be in the thick of it. I shudder to think how you'll feel once this golden era passes.

It'll be the same - remember, the Hawks really aren't that good - just lucky. Should really be trying to get the #1 pick for this coming draft so they can draft Mike McGlinchey from Notre Dame (just to make sure they get their guy). Then, they need to sign Anthony Munoz to a contract - cause how killer would it be if he were our LT. Fire Bevell and Cable - I'm sure we can hire some guys off the Cleveland staff who could turn this team into the #1 offense in the league. We should shop Russell Wilson, since he should never have been signed to so much money - I'm sure someone would give a 3rd or a 4th for him.....

I'm not sure he could think lower of the Seahawks

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That O-line will get Wilson killed.

O-line has been an issue for years and they have not addressed it.

I call bullshit on the GM and Carroll.

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fire Bevell and Cable -

Bevell yes.

They gave Cable basketball players with no experience and no-talent lineman to work with.
Not Cable's fault when you cant position for a reasonable block to protect for your QB

Cable is head coach material in another organization.

Lineman16

Yep
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just got done watch on rec...WTF Offence!!!...D balled..Have NEVER seen so many double flags on crucial plays. GB is good...O/L still can't block..1st and goal and can't score..Coaching is a problem. JMO!!

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazy that the Hawks have only won a season opener under Carroll 1 time over the past 8 seasons...

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ill be left wondering how many SBs we could have won had we had better offensive coaches.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ill be left wondering how many SBs we could have won had we had better offensive coaches.
Well that's because your a " the glass is half empty " kind of guy. Kind of surprising given the history prior to this coaching staff. One would think you'd be in heaven, but that's not your thing...I guess.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We won a sb, im happy about that and greatly enjoyed it and still do. Since then its been a cascade of terrible offensive football despite good talent and a damn good qb.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We won a sb, im happy about that and greatly enjoyed it and still do. Since then its been a cascade of terrible offensive football despite good talent and a damn good qb.

Good talent on offense? Can't just focus on the skill positions... How many teams do you know that has won a SB with one of the worst offensive lines that year?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pete doesn't feel he needs a high scoring offense. He wants a power running team, because he believes that is a winning formula. Despite today's debacle I expect he'll continue to try to whip the offense in shape to fit his formula
, he'll accept some bumps in road to achieve it.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I finally got around to watching the recording of this one. First of all, I had this marked down as an L as soon as the schedule came out. This wasn't a surprise. But to lose the way they did, in a game they could have easily won......that's pretty disappointing.

Of course the officiating was terrible but even though they screwed Seattle a few times I just can't blame this on officiating. It probably helps that I've come to expect this kind of ineptitude from these striped simpletons.

Really came down to a few big plays/calls/Seattle fuck-ups.

1. Naz Jones TD gets called back and Jeremy Lane ejected for a phantom punch. K. This was pretty embarrassing for that officiating crew.

2. Wilson misses wide open Tyler Lockett for a TD.

3. Wilson fumbles inside own ten.

4. IMO a bad no-call PI on that throw to Graham in the end zone. I don't like to see those kinds of flags thrown, but by rule that was PI.

4. Graham drops pass on third down.

5. Seattle blown coverage on the Jordy TD.

Other than that obviously the Hawks couldn't convert in the red zone and the pass protection was spotty at the beginning until they started helping out Odhiambo a bit.

Even though the D-line pilled up some sacks it didn't really feel like they were getting to Rodgers that easily. It felt like most sacks were due to great coverage downfield.

Lacy needs to stick to sucking down hot dogs on the sideline. Get Carson and Prosise more carries ASAP if Rawls is out.

Overall this was a lot of the typical early season issues Seattle always has under Pete. I expect them to get on track later in the year and next week's game against what looks to be a really bad SF team is a good start.

All these issues have probably been touched on already, but like I said I just finished the game and have not read anything in this thread.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good news from this game, Our D was amazing, I think Seattle's D will definitely be near the top this season... If it wasn't for our inept offense giving points away our D was really good ... That was the 1st time in Rodgers career he was shut out at home in the 1st half ... This game pissed me off, but I"m not gonna let it linger long, let's get those 49rs at home next week and move forward and improve ...

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched the NFL's highlight video for the game today - they didn't even show the Nazier Jones INT, despite it being the biggest play of the first half (even without counting the TD and ejection - as GB was moving the ball at will on that drive).

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
was never excited about Lacy, even in his good years i thought he was just a product of his team not his talent and is the main reason i said keep a eye on Carson when he was drafted. Cable got to many free passes when Lynch was leading the league in yards after contact making Cables Olines look good. I know it seems i am the only one here on this board that dislikes Cable but we have seen other teams build Cheap middle of the pack olines, to bad we can't get a middle of the pack oline :(

Issues i saw in this game was the typical slow start we have come to see the past 7 years and more often than not starting the season on the road ( 5 road 2 home on openers ).

Carson/Rawls/Prosise should be our three RB going forward trade Lacy for a Olineman or just feed him a few hotdogs and he will be as big as one, he looked so slow out there even in preseason he looked like a 6 sec 40 guy. Hawks also Need a PHYSICAL WR to go with the mighty mouseketeers WR Group, they don't have one as of yet on this team. ( They did in the preseason )

Bennett's money should have went to the oline. No brainer there.

Better Line coaching is a HUGE must but as long as Cable is the Assistant HC they won't budge on bringing in a talented Oline coach. To many times did i see the oline allow players to get into their chests before putting their hands on the player. I don't know a lot about Oline coaching but i do know that you NEVER want to allow the defender to get into your body. Get your hands up and keep them at arms length. This allows you to recover from spin moves rips swims and bull rushes. It also negates the speed advantage of speed rushers and allows you more time to recognize and recover on stunts. Tobin might be a better option at Either LT or RT sad i know.