• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Seattle Seahawks @ Green Bay Packers

gandog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Mike Daniels of the Packers showed the Seahawks their own version of "Beast Mode". I still have to love how Rogers can STILL catch teams trying to substitute late and throw a bomb. That play was almost pretty much the ball game.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Mike Daniels of the Packers showed the Seahawks their own version of "Beast Mode". I still have to love how Rogers can STILL catch teams trying to substitute late and throw a bomb. That play was almost pretty much the ball game.

Yeah that's a Rogers/ Packers specialty. Not sure whether I admire it, or feel it's BS to get a flag and free play.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's assholes clenched so tight in these threads, diamonds are being made.

gandog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, I have no reason to dislike it. If they don't substitute late, or don't jump offsides, it doesn't happen. It would be like deciding not to throw to a wide open receiver because the other team's defensive coverage was blown.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, I have no reason to dislike it. If they don't substitute late, or don't jump offsides, it doesn't happen. It would be like deciding not to throw to a wide open receiver because the other team's defensive coverage was blown.
Naw it's more like the Packers offense gets to dictate whether subbing players will be allowed. It is what it is. Teams just got to know subbing players isn't going to work, unless the Packers want to sub players. Guess every team should do this. Packers got this " got you" down to a science.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had thought the nfl changed the rulea to allow defenses to sub players.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like most close games in the NFL, there were a few keys plays that stand out as being the most impactful in the end result. That Jordy Nelson catch was certainly one; others were the overthrow of Lockett, RW fumble at the 6, and the would-be pick 6 called back on a dumb play by Avril. Not quite as important were the ridiculous ejection of Lane and no-call on the throw to Graham in the ez. Every single one of those plays went in favor of GB, and there you go. That's how you lose close games. I'm actually surprised it was only an 8 point margin, given all that.

Going forward, I'm wondering if that game's mesh point (GB DL vs Seattle OL) was more about GB's improvement up front or Seattle's OL still being the worst in the league. Mike Daniels wasn't exactly a household name before this weekend yet played like a HOFer. GB's pass D was among the league's worst last year. Did they really improve that much, or was it just their good fortune to be matched up with the league's worst set of blockers? The truth is probably somewhere in the middle, but I guess we'll learn more over the coming weeks.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The worst OL in the league made daniels look like league mvp.

Our OL would get manhandled by college teams for effs sake.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True... Meant to say that they won on only one "season road opener" over their past 8 seasons...
Haha ok, well that's an entirely different statement.

But yeah, winning on the road in the NFL is pretty tough.