• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seattle Mariners vs. Texas Rangers 8/16-8/18

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I don't think Berkman is the answer, but Texas is pretty much screwed at the moment.

As long as the pitching is there they'll be in the thick of things.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cUi8Mly.gif

Thanks a lot jackass...

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I don't think Berkman is the answer, but Texas is pretty much screwed at the moment.
I agree, Berkman is not any better choice...I worry more about Profar's development. he'll be a stud for years to come unless we screw him up by bouncing him all over the place on the field...

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Contending level teams get the run home in the 8th with one out and men on 2nd and 3rd. Rangers consistently find ways to not do that. Kinsler's ONE job is to score the runner from 3rd. Flyball, GB to the right side, whatever. Just bad fundamental baseball.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, Berkman is not any better choice...I worry more about Profar's development. he'll be a stud for years to come unless we screw him up by bouncing him all over the place on the field...
Damn mental aspect of the game...

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Contending level teams get the run home in the 8th with one out and men on 2nd and 3rd. Rangers consistently find ways to not do that. Kinsler's ONE job is to score the runner from 3rd. Flyball, GB to the right side, whatever. Just bad fundamental baseball.

They're 70-52 and have the most comeback victories in the league. While I wish they won tonight I think it's important to keep things into perspective.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not believe Cotts is the goat either. The offense was miserable tonight. I have seen multiple people suggest that Murphy should sit a week or so. What would we lose? Not gonna happen with Wash but Rangers have better replacements if he would get past the lefty righty bull shit logic he uses for lineups.

We lose nothing
He should be sitting, and typically I'll defend Wash more than others. But with this line-up, Gentry has to start...Wash is wrong
The thing is, I honestly don't think Murphy would be that upset...if it met more wins, he'd still be cheering the team on, just the way he is.

No point in that really, but talk about bad decisions, this is up there for Wash. I don't know how Gentry will hold up offensively, but it's still an upgrade at this point, all the way around.

And in the bigger picture, do we truly have enough offense? we don't even have a real DH

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trout in his first year struggled like profane. But that almost never happens instantly and you know this
I've been critical of Profar at times this year, but we must be fair - the kid is playing 3 positions plus DH, then sitting for a few days. The others like Puig, Myers, and Machado got to play full-time at one position when they were called up...if Profar could do this, I think, I hope, we'd be seeing more consistent play from him...

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been critical of Profar at times this year, but we must be fair - the kid is playing 3 positions plus DH, then sitting for a few days. The others like Puig, Myers, and Machado got to play full-time at one position when they were called up...if Profar could do this, I think, I hope, we'd be seeing more consistent play from him...

He's still a baby tho. I think he improves greatly next season or he gets traded. We know he's capable because we see great things from him. He's just not consistent and that's expected.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Berkman rarely / if ever.... Gets himself out. You can usually rely on him to work the count, swing at a good pitch, and be a tough out ( if he's healthy)... I'd rather have him at DH than profar.

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point on Profar is that he WAS the most highly touted prospect in baseball the last 2 seasons. THE #1 guy on everybody's radar coming up to the big leagues. I don't think its a stretch to say he's been a big disappointment RELATIVE to the expectations.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point on Profar is that he WAS the most highly touted prospect in baseball the last 2 seasons. THE #1 guy on everybody's radar coming up to the big leagues. I don't think its a stretch to say he's been a big disappointment RELATIVE to the expectations.

It's cause of position. He's not a generational talent

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes it's an absolute stretch. We're lucky and fortunate to see Trout and Puig and even Harper do what they're doing despite how young they are. Remember that JP is 20 and in his first season in the bigs. Most high level prospects don't even live up to expectations they're given relative to where they're drafted and what they're skills/raw skills are.