• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers Travel to Seattle For Three Games June 14-16

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are only 6 teams with a worse winning percentage than us in all of MLB

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
okay so next season we use him as our DH with him playing occasionally at 1B and C. i still would consider bringing in Carson Kelly and carrying Heim, Huff and Kelly as my DH catching corps, backup Catcher, DH & 1B. i'm also moving with several on here who want to trade Lowe and bring in someone else to play most of the time at 1st. someone like Guerrero.

but my main concentration would be constructing a quality bullpen starting from now and through the off-season. names like Mason Miller, Tanner Scott, Yimi Garcia, etc through trades or free agency. picking up David Robertson's option and resigning Kirby Yates
If Bochy is going to stay, I think Huff will be traded away.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe but CY may not see it that way with all the injuries we've had
If the injuries and poor hitting buries us, then we are buried. Maybe CY sticks his head in the sand. You could be right.

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
okay so next season we use him as our DH with him playing occasionally at 1B and C. i still would consider bringing in Carson Kelly and carrying Heim, Huff and Kelly as my DH catching corps, backup Catcher, DH & 1B. i'm also moving with several on here who want to trade Lowe and bring in someone else to play most of the time at 1st. someone like Guerrero.

but my main concentration would be constructing a quality bullpen starting from now and through the off-season. names like Mason Miller, Tanner Scott, Yimi Garcia, etc through trades or free agency. picking up David Robertson's option and resigning Kirby Yates
Bochy would need to be gone, for that to happen.

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think they make the playoffs if offense stays like this. I don’t see the offense changing much as long as Leody, Lowe, Grossman and Kninzer are here.

scotsman#1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bochy would need to be gone, for that to happen.
why? i would think he would support building a solid bullpen and changing a piece or 2 of the offense especially with a healthy starting rotation. wouldn't a starting positional team of Langford, Carter, Garcia, Jung, Seager, Semien, Guerrero Jr, & Heim with Huff as DH, Jankowski, Kelly & Smith on the bench be more solid than what we have now? wouldn't deGrom, Eovaldi, Mahle, Bradford, Gray, Dunning & Lorenzen as a our starters/Long Relief and with Sborz, Coleman, Robertson, Yimi Garcia, Scott & Yates as our bullpen more logical than what we have now?

scotsman#1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think they make the playoffs if offense stays like this. I don’t see the offense changing much as long as Leody, Lowe, Grossman and Kninzer are here.
it's time to trade Lowe and Taveras and release Gross and Kniz

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why? i would think he would support building a solid bullpen and changing a piece or 2 of the offense especially with a healthy starting rotation. wouldn't a starting positional team of Langford, Carter, Garcia, Jung, Seager, Semien, Guerrero Jr, & Heim with Huff as DH, Jankowski, Kelly & Smith on the bench be more solid than what we have now? wouldn't deGrom, Eovaldi, Mahle, Bradford, Gray, Dunning & Lorenzen as a our starters/Long Relief and with Sborz, Coleman, Robertson, Yimi Garcia, Scott & Yates as our bullpen more logical than what we have now?
Have you been watching the games. Every time Huff gets called up, he does nothing but sit on the bench. Bochy is not going to play him.

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This mess is all on CY. He did nothing to help this lineup in the offseason. Several guys had career years last year and were not going to repeat what they did last year.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a good series for our Rangers

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we'll be 37-47 at the end of June and effectively done this season. And if so I don't rush deGrom or Carter back, look to trade Tavares, Lowe, and yes Garcia, and start thinking immediately about next season.

scotsman#1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you been watching the games. Every time Huff gets called up, he does nothing but sit on the bench. Bochy is not going to play him.
not arguing but who would you put on the bench to give him playing time. they brought him up as a what if player not as a starter. when Jung comes back, Smith unfortunately becomes a once in a while player because the positions he plays have what are consider fulltime players like Jung, Seager, Semien, Langford & Carter. Smith, Taveras, Duran will see their starting opportunities cut drastically. and Huff should be up here but where are we going to play him where he gets time on the field and at the plate?

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Smith, Heim Carter and Jung do better although Lowe is certainly an underachiever

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not arguing but who would you put on the bench to give him playing time. they brought him up as a what if player not as a starter. when Jung comes back, Smith unfortunately becomes a once in a while player because the positions he plays have what are consider fulltime players like Jung, Seager, Semien, Langford & Carter. Smith, Taveras, Duran will see their starting opportunities cut drastically. and Huff should be up here but where are we going to play him where he gets time on the field and at the plate?
He should be the backup catcher and play when Heim is given a day off. Lowe needs to sit against lefties he has not been good this season. And he could play DH against lefties instead of Grossman.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Inwo
It sure seems like he does. He never plays him when he gets called up.
I would have liked to see him and kind of thought they would use him to PH in the 9th