• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers Travel to Seattle For Three Games June 14-16

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not arguing but who would you put on the bench to give him playing time. they brought him up as a what if player not as a starter. when Jung comes back, Smith unfortunately becomes a once in a while player because the positions he plays have what are consider fulltime players like Jung, Seager, Semien, Langford & Carter. Smith, Taveras, Duran will see their starting opportunities cut drastically. and Huff should be up here but where are we going to play him where he gets time on the field and at the plate?
Don't think we'll see Carter until after the break at the earliest.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good thought re platooning Lowe with Zeke

scotsman#1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He should be the backup catcher and play when Heim is given a day off. Lowe needs to sit against lefties he has not been good this season. And he could play DH against lefties instead of Grossman.
no argument but they would have to release both Gross and Kinz to make that possible and it would not answer what they do with Duran and Smith once Jung returns. playing time becomes a major problem.

scotsman#1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't think we'll see Carter until after the break at the earliest.
maybe but when we do playing time becomes an issue for him, Langford, Taveras, Garcia & Jankowski. Taveras is the odd man out in the outfield. plus Smith's and Duran's times in the outfield gets reduced. what a conundrum

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe but when we do playing time becomes an issue for him, Langford, Taveras, Garcia & Jankowski. Taveras is the odd man out in the outfield. plus Smith's and Duran's times in the outfield gets reduced. what a conundrum
I'd trade Tavares first. But I'd also shop Garcia for bullpen help next year and beyond. Jankowski has no trade value but does have some value as a 4th OF.

scotsman#1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd trade Tavares first. But I'd also shop Garcia for bullpen help next year and beyond. Jankowski has no trade value but does have some value as a 4th OF.
taveras is a no-brainer. his replacements are already on the team but Garcia's replacement isn't as apparent. his offensive numbers in homers and rbi's would be hard to replace. hate to say it but Duran seems more likely to be traded than Garcia

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
taveras is a no-brainer. his replacements are already on the team but Garcia's replacement isn't as apparent. his offensive numbers in homers and rbi's would be hard to replace. hate to say it but Duran seems more likely to be traded than Garcia
Tough call. Garcia is in a historic slump and can't be more than a RF at this point. Duran can't slug like Garcia but can play multiple IF/OF positions. Duran also would have more trade value but I think we've seen the Garcia peak and not sure he gets there again.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but if you bring up Huff he would need playing time at 1B, C, and DH and that time at 1B would eat into Duran's playing time
Let's start with him replacing Knizner. Occasional time at 1B would be good as well.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It may be time for a promotion.

Screenshot_20240616_215902_MiLB.jpg

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no argument but they would have to release both Gross and Kinz to make that possible and it would not answer what they do with Duran and Smith once Jung returns. playing time becomes a major problem.
Smith will probably get the majority of the playing time at DH once Jung gets back.

fanman8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
This mess is all on CY. He did nothing to help this lineup in the offseason. Several guys had career years last year and were not going to repeat what they did last year.
Fully agree. Brought in 37 and 39 year old relievers. Yates has been great but Robertson starting to fade. Just not enough. I would have felt better if Tavares was traded for a reliever. Don't believe CY attempted to do so.
Great organizations make bold moves. Not sure if last year was just all the stars aligned up just right for the team.
I think we all want sustained winning over a period of years. I know winning a W.S. every year is not feasible but the front office did little this off-season to ensure success.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fully agree. Brought in 37 and 39 year old relievers. Yates has been great but Robertson starting to fade. Just not enough. I would have felt better if Tavares was traded for a reliever. Don't believe CY attempted to do so.
Great organizations make bold moves. Not sure if last year was just all the stars aligned up just right for the team.
I think we all want sustained winning over a period of years. I know winning a W.S. every year is not feasible but the front office did little this off-season to ensure success.
Yates and Robertson so far have been great pickups. Robertson had one bad outing this month out of 7 including striking out the side twice against the Dodgers best hitters. He had two bad outings in May and has pitched comparable to Hader. The problem really is the offense. Any offense at all and we are doing well.