• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers Host Seattle For Three Games September 20-22

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. If Carter and Jung are healthy, this offense can be a lot better. And Langford is just going to get better. I think Smith still has room to improve. Duran is not a bad backup at all and I am still not convinced he can't be a good hitter in this league if he is given playing time.

The only way to improve over Adolis is to use his money and add about $10-15 million to it. I wouldn't dislike them doing that.

I do think we need a significant improvement in offense from the catcher position.
I completely spaced out the catcher position.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think several players had career years and he mistakenly thought they would keep doing it. He refused to make any changes in the off season or at the trade deadline to the lineup. The way he has been talking, doesn’t sound like he’s going to make any off season either.
Based on an article I read a couple days ago in the Fort Worth Star Telegram in regards to Bally and the Rangers the Rangers will be handcuffed somewhat in regards to making big moves in the offseason.

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if the Rangers make Heaney a Qualifying Offer to get draft pick compensation for losing him.

scotsman#1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe he thinks a Jank gives him a better chance to win and he wants the wins more than future development.
Could say it pads his win totals but I have no evidence. Just don’t know
i like Janks but what difference would it make with only 6 games if we let him go now or if he becomes a FA on the last day of the season? and DFA Ornelas & Scherzer

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's going to be at $20+ so no. he would be crazy not to accept it
I didn't even think about it until reading Jeff Waon mentiin it. He thinks Heaney is in line for a decent payday after making g 30 starts this year and having an EarA in line with a good #4 starting pitcher. The AAV he would get would be below the QO of $21.2 million, but Wilson seems to expect him to get at least a 2 year deal.

I do not imagine they will risk it, but they might consider it.

If we did get stuck with him, we could certainly do worse with a 5th starter. His ERA and innings pitched this year were almost exactly the same as Eovaldi's

Senator_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I didn't even think about it until reading Jeff Waon mentiin it. He thinks Heaney is in line for a decent payday after making g 30 starts this year and having an EarA in line with a good #4 starting pitcher. The AAV he would get would be below the QO of $21.2 million, but Wilson seems to expect him to get at least a 2 year deal.

If we did get stuck with him, we could certainly do worse with a 5th starter. His ERA and innings pitched this year were almost exactly the same as Eovaldi's
Heaney is a #5 starter. If he walks I would slot Dunning in there. Leitter needs 1/2 season in AAA. Hoping Rocker can hold his own, I see this. Also Mahle may crumble from ongoing injuries.

1. De Grom
2. Bradford
3. Rocker
4. Mahle

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if Leiter gets another start this year.

scotsman#1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

it would take funds that need to be spent on the pen not just 2025 but also 2026

scotsman#1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heaney is a #5 starter. If he walks I would slot Dunning in there. Leitter needs 1/2 season in AAA. Hoping Rocker can hold his own, I see this. Also Mahle may crumble from ongoing injuries.

1. De Grom
2. Bradford
3. Rocker
4. Mahle
think Dunning gets traded. prefer Spencer Turnbull as our #5

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it would take funds that need to be spent on the pen not just 2025 but also 2026
No, just for 2025. The QO would just be a one year deal. But, I really doubt they will offer him the QO.

The cheapest way to go for the 5th starter is in house, either Dunning or Gray.

I get the feeling that some of us on here are the only ones who see the need to spend big on the bullpen. I really expect them to treat it like they did last year.

I think they sign a hitter, a starting pitcher, 2 late inning guys, and maybe one more mediocre reliever.

scotsman#1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, just for 2025. The QO would just be a one year deal. But, I really doubt they will offer him the QO.

The cheapest way to go for the 5th starter is in house, either Dunning or Gray.

I get the feeling that some of us on here are the only ones who see the need to spend big on the bullpen. I really expect them to treat it like they did last year.

I think they sign a hitter, a starting pitcher, 2 late inning guys, and maybe one more mediocre reliever.
the cheapest way to go is Dunning and Gray. i can't speak for anyone else but I've seen enough of Dunning for a lifetime and i think Gray fits better as a long reliever/spot starter. bring someone like Spencer Turnbull as the #5 behind deGrom, Mahle, Bradford & Rocker.

rather see them re-sign Yates, keep Robinson and spend on a pair of late inning relievers like Carlos Estevez and Tanner Scott and a lefthanded LR like Yarbrough. hope Coleman comes around. BP of Yarbrough, Gray, Coleman, Sborz, Robinson. Yates, Scott & Estevez.

trade Heim. Lowe, Taveras, Dunning etc. re-sign Kelly and go with Huff and Kelly as our catching corps. sign Christian Walker 1B to a multi-year deal and Tyler O'Neill OF to a multi-year deal

Walker and Crim handle first base, Langford, Carter, O'Neill & Garcia the Outfield/DH, Jung, Seager, Semien & Smith 3rd, SS & 2B

Senator_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
it was dumb to play Jung after the Rangers dropped out of it. Should have rested him the rest of the season. Smith goes to third, Lowe shares DH duty and brought up Crim to see if he cuts mustard. Spilled milk now.

scotsman#1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it was dumb to play Jung after the Rangers dropped out of it. Should have rested him the rest of the season. Smith goes to third, Lowe shares DH duty and brought up Crim to see if he cuts mustard. Spilled milk now.
Jung didn't say anything until a couple of days ago even then i would have brought up Crim & Harris, keep Smith at SS, Harris at 3rd, Garcia at DH Crim at 1st

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw Scherzer said he will play in 2025. I wonder what he is going to fleece some team for.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baseball America's selection for Rangers Minor League Player of the Year is Sebastian Walcott.